The Guthersation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Just heard we wants a premiership and thinks that this will be his best chance to get one with Des back and the build of the new team.

I heard this from a very reliable source.
Could it be that his manager is using us to get his price up to the highest bidder . I have read that he wants top dollar .

Obviously all is well between gutho and the club, cause there was the rumour he was unhappy that Manly didn't try keep him.

I assume he is going to be brought in to play 5/8 cause the rumoured 750k per year is too much for a centre.

Doesntmatta must of balls up things that badly if he is willing to give up the captaincy.

I don't think Gutho will be to unhappy to play centres and really if he kills it whats 700k . He'll more than likely play 6 outside Dce I'd bet . Hodkinson , and maybe Elgey could be released.
It depends how bad Dessie wants him

IMO James Roberts has way too many demons, physically and mentally to survive in Sydney, which is why he went to the Gold Coast, then Brisbane, in the first place. Although if anyone can set him straight it would be Des, Donny and Crusher.

As for Gutho.....for a non-representative player $750k per season is pretty steep isn't it? Although I wouldn't be against bringing him back to Manly because we could definitely use a quality utility back who can cover the whole backline other than probably halfback, I don't think he's worth his asking price.

I'm sure it is but i'm just concerned how we are going to pay for them all in a few years. The money from Walker, Thommo, Hodko, Perrett, Api and the 330k salary cap extra may just be enough.
Including money for all the young ones coming up the ranks like schuster .

IMO James Roberts has way too many demons, physically and mentally to survive in Sydney, which is why he went to the Gold Coast, then Brisbane, in the first place. Although if anyone can set him straight it would be Des, Donny and Crusher.

As for Gutho.....for a non-representative player $750k per season is pretty steep isn't it? Although I wouldn't be against bringing him back to Manly because we could definitely use a quality utility back who can cover the whole backline other than probably halfback, I don't think he's worth his asking price.

Id keep walker before roberts.

I agree that Gutho asking price is too much to play anything other than halves or FB (which Tom has sewn up). Rumour tonight is 4 year deal at $700K.

As for Gutho.....for a non-representative player $750k per season is pretty steep isn't it?
This non-representative tag amuses me. Cody Walker is just about the most dangerous 5/8 in the game right now - but he's never made the big rep teams, probably never even been seriously close, and he's 29 years of age.
Gutho has something about him, call it game awareness or intelligence, I'm not sure exactly, but combined with his versatility, goal-kicking and professionalism (reputed to be the fittest Eel for the last few years) I consider him a pretty valuable commodity.
Not to mention taking a player from the Eels is a bonus, even if he did start as a Manly junior!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10