The Guthersation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
This non-representative tag amuses me. Cody Walker is just about the most dangerous 5/8 in the game right now - but he's never made the big rep teams, probably never even been seriously close, and he's 29 years of age.
Gutho has something about him, call it game awareness or intelligence, I'm not sure exactly, but combined with his versatility, goal-kicking and professionalism (reputed to be the fittest Eel for the last few years) I consider him a pretty valuable commodity.
Not to mention taking a player from the Eels is a bonus, even if he did start as a Manly junior!

There’s also a significant bonus to the club in having a guy with all those attributes on the books who has players in front of him in terms of rep selection. Think about how well it’s worked for us in other positions having, say, top-notch Kiwis in key positions at Origin time - you don’t lose them for any club games, or risk the injuries in the rep matches that can derail your season.

Besides, Gutho not having made rep sides could also have a bit of the ‘victim of his own versatility’ about it. Has he locked down any one position for long enough to be the standout in that position at selection time?

Id keep walker before roberts.

I agree that Gutho asking price is too much to play anything other than halves or FB (which Tom has sewn up). Rumour tonight is 4 year deal at $700K.

So long as he is prepared to really only be a centre or 5/8 and only a backup fullback. Both Tom and Gutho have their good and bad points as fullbacks, but Tom's running game craps all over Gutho's and you don't restrict that to one side of the field by playing centre or just about cut it off completely to be a play making pivot. Look at Jarryd Hayne as a perfect example there. As a fullback in his prime he was arguably right up there with Snake and Slater as the top 3 in the game. When he got moved to 5/8 and then centre, it restricted his input (injuries and NFL dreams aside) and made him far less effective, especially in club football where there wasn't the across the park talent of Origin's or tests. Moving Tom from fullback would have exactly the same result, it would lessen the impact of arguably the best running fullback currently in rugby league.

T
This non-representative tag amuses me. Cody Walker is just about the most dangerous 5/8 in the game right now - but he's never made the big rep teams, probably never even been seriously close, and he's 29 years of age.
Gutho has something about him, call it game awareness or intelligence, I'm not sure exactly, but combined with his versatility, goal-kicking and professionalism (reputed to be the fittest Eel for the last few years) I consider him a pretty valuable commodity.
Not to mention taking a player from the Eels is a bonus, even if he did start as a Manly junior!
You do make a very good point there with Cody Walker but Cody is not on 750k a year either

A part of me wants to sign Gutho for more lols@parra.

Think about the headline. Parra balls up the contract renewal of one of their best players and captain.

It's funny.

You’ll love this then...

STRIP THE CAPTAINCY FROM GUTTERSON NOW
This grub is via media reports meeting up to discuss with Hassler about jumping ship next year.

You can't have the captain of the Parramatta Eels (or any club) talking to the opposition.

How can he lead us on Sunday or any day when his team mates know he wants to leave?

Sack him now, pull the last offer made and tell him he's free to go.

The club needs to show they are in control and will not be either blackmailed nor used as leverage for a player to get a better deal.

He is toxic to the fans and the club. If you visit Parra FB page our fans are smashing him telling to **** off now. He's lost all fan support.

Gutterson out now!!!

https://www.1eyedeel.com/forum/topics/strip-the-captaincy-from-gutterson-now

One would think Des would just look him in the eye, and tell him what he is worth to manly, and Gutho wouldn't argue. I would be very surprised if an offer was over 650k, but it may be leaked/reported as being over so to save face for Gutho who still has to play out this year at Parra. Wouldn't be good if he kept baulking at their offer just to accept 550k at manly for example.

All this, of course, only if he is in fact talking to Manly!

A part of me wants to sign Gutho for more lols@parra.

Think about the headline. Parra balls up the contract renewal of one of their best players and captain.

It's funny.
Would love to have him sign and say how big a factor Desmond was in his coming back. Would be like a bizzaro Foz/Dalai situation. Then Parra drag out and stall the Dalai negotiation all season but the NRL don't let Flanagan back in next year so they also have no coach. Would be vintage Parra...

So how bad do we want gutho. Would we move gutho to 6 and find a croker, cust or elgey to play 7 in 12 months or so . Is this a possible ? Just putting it out there.

Gutho, turbo 1 , turbo 2 , cherry, and the hooker will be on real coin in 12 months
Hard to keep a big 4 , 5 or marty and afb

If we get gutho we will be trimming a lot

You’ll love this then...

STRIP THE CAPTAINCY FROM GUTTERSON NOW
This grub is via media reports meeting up to discuss with Hassler about jumping ship next year.

You can't have the captain of the Parramatta Eels (or any club) talking to the opposition.

How can he lead us on Sunday or any day when his team mates know he wants to leave?

Sack him now, pull the last offer made and tell him he's free to go.

The club needs to show they are in control and will not be either blackmailed nor used as leverage for a player to get a better deal.

He is toxic to the fans and the club. If you visit Parra FB page our fans are smashing him telling to **** off now. He's lost all fan support.

Gutterson out now!!!

https://www.1eyedeel.com/forum/topics/strip-the-captaincy-from-gutterson-now
Yep, it seems the thought of King Gutho leaving has driven them mad with grief...

May 1, 2019 at 8:22pm How I see it..it's like looking to buy a wedding ring for your wife to be and saying "I can afford $2000" but her coming back at you saying "yeah but your mate bought his girlfriend a $3000 ring." Right there and then you should tell her to **** off because it's just the value of the ring she's interested in.

May 1, 2019 at 8:51pm I yelled at him all game at newy and he totally ignored me

May 1, 2019 at 8:59pm
He's a stuck up little prick. Typical Northern beaches. Reckons his **** smells of roses.
He has not place in our honest, fair and down to earth Western Suburbs hearts.

May 2, 2019 at 2:49am
I’ll be booing Gutless-thon at the saints game, Parra open there hearts and doors for him and he’s jumping ship over a measly dollar.

Yep, it seems the thought of King Gutho leaving has driven them mad with grief...

May 1, 2019 at 8:22pm How I see it..it's like looking to buy a wedding ring for your wife to be and saying "I can afford $2000" but her coming back at you saying "yeah but your mate bought his girlfriend a $3000 ring." Right there and then you should tell her to **** off because it's just the value of the ring she's interested in.

May 1, 2019 at 8:51pm I yelled at him all game at newy and he totally ignored me

May 1, 2019 at 8:59pm
He's a stuck up little prick. Typical Northern beaches. Reckons his **** smells of roses.
He has not place in our honest, fair and down to earth Western Suburbs hearts.

May 2, 2019 at 2:49am
I’ll be booing Gutless-thon at the saints game, Parra open there hearts and doors for him and he’s jumping ship over a measly dollar.

If it's never about the money at "honest hearted" Parramatta....why do they keep getting done for salary cap breaches?

Last edited:
Hope Gutho does return.

He covers all the positions 6-1 and would allow Des to conjure up even more creative plays :happy:

giphy.gif

This rumour seems to be gathering momentum apace - which begs the question, how feasible is it for a club captain to play out the season after signing for an opposition club? Could we see Gutho running out for Manly before Turbo and DCE return??
Nate myles says hello.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10