The Guthersation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Anyway Clint... even if Parra really up the offer, you should still be insulted that you had to go to these lengths just to be appreciated and they should have made that offer in the first place.

Turn it down and sign here on less money but with more love, and premierships.

You know it makes sense.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/05/02/frustrated-gutherson-annoyed-over-contract-saga-im-not-greedy/

A frustrated Clint Gutherson says he's been hurt at being labelled greedy over ongoing speculation around his future at Parramatta beyond the 2019 Telstra Premiership season.

Gutherson's long-term future has been dragged through the headlines over the past month, intensifying with every reported contract movement made by the 24-year-old off the paddock.

Gutherson refuted a Channel Nine report on Wednesday claiming the Eels skipper was due to meet Des Hasler to discuss the prospect of linking with Manly from 2020.

I've got to take a look at it every way I can and do what's best for me and my family.

Lets put the word greed in perspective in professional sport ...

In the world of professional sport every club and player has to look after their own financial best interest .

The waves on the northern beaches will knock that weight off your shoulders Clint. That's worth 200k before travel time and working in Parramatta. Add a premiership likely, back home with mates, you'd be mad not to take 500k

The waves on the northern beaches will knock that weight off your shoulders Clint. That's worth 200k before travel time and working in Parramatta. Add a premiership likely, back home with mates, you'd be mad not to take 500k

That is a good motive of yours but theses day the biggest motivator is money to most of the players

Having said that if our offer is not quite as high but competitive to others he may think about it and fly with us again .

In the end Gutho will either slide with the eels or fly with the Sea eagles . Think carefully Gutho

In the end its Clint's business who he signs with and no one else. He has every right to seek the best pay out for his services and claiming he is mercenary ignores the fact that every player in the game is seeking the best for himself and family. If Clint signs with Parramatta, good luck to him and I hope he succeeds. If he plays for Manly exactly the same sentiments...though admittedly my joy would be enhanced dramatically. I'll be very disappointed in the media if he joins Manly and we have another period of mud slinging like happened with DCE Childish at best

Parramatta fullback Clint Gutherson has denied meeting with Manly coach Des Hasler about a potential return to the Sea Eagles and admitted he doesn't desire to play against the Eels again.

This goes back to the first head line where he was quoted as saying he wants to remain at the eels

The Eels give him the best opportunity to play at his preferred fullback position which gives him the capacity to earn top dollar that he is chasing

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/05/02/frustrated-gutherson-annoyed-over-contract-saga-im-not-greedy/

A frustrated Clint Gutherson says he's been hurt at being labelled greedy over ongoing speculation around his future at Parramatta beyond the 2019 Telstra Premiership season.

Gutherson's long-term future has been dragged through the headlines over the past month, intensifying with every reported contract movement made by the 24-year-old off the paddock.

Gutherson refuted a Channel Nine report on Wednesday claiming the Eels skipper was due to meet Des Hasler to discuss the prospect of linking with Manly from 2020.

I've got to take a look at it every way I can and do what's best for me and my family.
Welcome home Clinton

Lurker

Nath Lofthouse: What's happening with Curtis Scott? Is he on the outer at Melbourne?

The Lurker: I'm like you Nath - there's a story here that doesn't add up. This is the perfect example of what Melbourne can escape from by being based where they are. I promise you, they have been able to smother stories in the past which would for any other team in Sydney, would be on the back page.

I'm not saying that's the situation with Curtis, but the whispers have been around for some time that there's more to his demotion than just form. I'm making calls on this one to find out more as we speak.

Besides, Gutho not having made rep sides could also have a bit of the ‘victim of his own versatility’ about it. Has he locked down any one position for long enough to be the standout in that position at selection time?

And Des would know that better than most.. how many Rep Jerseys does he have that are 14-17?
TBH I can't recall a rep match - Test or SOO - where Des was in the starting 13 but that doesn't diminish his playing prowess or value to his club, state or country.

Anyone remember Steve Ella? - he could play 1-7 in any team, even SOO & Tests but with guys like Sterlo, Kenny, Cronin, ET etc he was predominantly a benchie but when he came on he was...wow..

Even the great Beaver has more 14-17's on his resume than he should but....

The game has plenty of players that aren't rep players but are invaluable to their club and that's what the clubs have to work out..

And Des would know that better than most.. how many Rep Jerseys does he have that are 14-17?
TBH I can't recall a rep match - Test or SOO - where Des was in the starting 13 but that doesn't diminish his playing prowess or value to his club, state or country.

Anyone remember Steve Ella? - he could play 1-7 in any team, even SOO & Tests but with guys like Sterlo, Kenny, Cronin, ET etc he was predominantly a benchie but when he came on he was...wow..

Even the great Beaver has more 14-17's on his resume than he should but....

The game has plenty of players that aren't rep players but are invaluable to their club and that's what the clubs have to work out..
Des definitely started at halfback for both NSW and the Kangaroos, but you still make a good point.

In the end its Clint's business who he signs with and no one else. He has every right to seek the best pay out for his services and claiming he is mercenary ignores the fact that every player in the game is seeking the best for himself and family. If Clint signs with Parramatta, good luck to him and I hope he succeeds. If he plays for Manly exactly the same sentiments...though admittedly my joy would be enhanced dramatically. I'll be very disappointed in the media if he joins Manly and we have another period of mud slinging like happened with DCE Childish at best
Completely agree Bear.

I am looking for a new job at the moment and recruiters ask me what my salary expectations are. My simple response is, tell me what the market rate is for someone of my skills and experience and we can go from there for particular jobs. I may take less to work at a particular company but I may require more for a particular job.

In my view, it is essential to know what the market is willing to pay before you factor in intangibles and other subjective wants. I have no problem with anyone doing the same - if someone is happy to be paid less because of intangibles, eg prospects of winning a comp in the nrl context or desire to play with a particular club, all the more power to them. But they are perfectly entitled to test the market and see what the market values them at.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10