The Guthersation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
It just gets stranger ....

Gutho just said on Ch9 that the Eels first offer was an insult and Ch9 still maintain that he met with Des.

Sounds pretty promising from this telegraph article today:

It is always going to be (appealing) to go home,” Gutherson said.

“But that is up to the clubs and my manager — I’ve just got to keep playing footy.

“I haven’t met with (Hasler) yet. I only heard about that on Channel 9, so I’ve got to speak to my manager.

I think Parramatta are baulking at signing Arthur. Even if they do well this year and make the finals, I don't think they particularly like Brad and only kept him on this year to avoid another payout after many prior disasters. I reckon he is gone at the end of the year unless they make the top 4. It'll read something along the lines of "we just wanted to go in a new direction and freshen the place up, etc". The fact that Arthur is probably gone is not helping them retain Gutho. I think he would stay at the Eels out of loyalty to Arthur but Arthur might not even be there...so that puts Gutho in a predicament. His loyalty is not to the Eels as a club, it's to Dalai who gave him an opportunity.

I question the motivation of Gutho's manager though and wouldn't at all be surprised if the Manly meeting is a way to bump up his clients contract. In saying that, I know our interest is genuine to bring him over as a 6.

There is too much smoke at this point. I reckon it's all but certain and he's just being diplomatic to appease Parra fans while he's still contracted there.

I wonder if Walker ends up getting sacked whether we could bring him across early.

You’ll love this then...

STRIP THE CAPTAINCY FROM GUTTERSON NOW
This grub is via media reports meeting up to discuss with Hassler about jumping ship next year.

You can't have the captain of the Parramatta Eels (or any club) talking to the opposition.

How can he lead us on Sunday or any day when his team mates know he wants to leave?

Sack him now, pull the last offer made and tell him he's free to go.

The club needs to show they are in control and will not be either blackmailed nor used as leverage for a player to get a better deal.

He is toxic to the fans and the club. If you visit Parra FB page our fans are smashing him telling to **** off now. He's lost all fan support.

Gutterson out now!!!

https://www.1eyedeel.com/forum/topics/strip-the-captaincy-from-gutterson-now

They're a special bunch those parra fans.

Your club low balled him so he went to market. It's a normal reaction to low ball offers.

Kent reported last night the eels contract negotiation team are a bunch of amateurs so not surprised gutho is frustrated.

I think Parramatta are baulking at signing Arthur. Even if they do well this year and make the finals, I don't think they particularly like Brad and only kept him on this year to avoid another payout after many prior disasters. I reckon he is gone at the end of the year unless they make the top 4. It'll read something along the lines of "we just wanted to go in a new direction and freshen the place up, etc". The fact that Arthur is probably gone is not helping them retain Gutho. I think he would stay at the Eels out of loyalty to Arthur but Arthur might not even be there...so that puts Gutho in a predicament. His loyalty is not to the Eels as a club, it's to Dalai who gave him an opportunity.

I question the motivation of Gutho's manager though and wouldn't at all be surprised if the Manly meeting is a way to bump up his clients contract. In saying that, I know our interest is genuine to bring him over as a 6.

Snake, I know it’s off topic but how are we going re stitching up shuster, young hoppa etc?

Yeah, best way to up your value is a bidding war or force one party to panic.

You get the feeling that if manly come through with a 700-750 4 year offer the eels will do what they do best and panic spend.

That being said, if the offers are the same, then gutho might actually think about coming back. Being close to home, Des and a club showing growth might sway him.

That is a good motive of yours but theses day the biggest motivator is money to most of the players

Having said that if our offer is not quite as high but competitive to others he may think about it and fly with us again .

In the end Gutho will either slide with the eels or fly with the Sea eagles . Think carefully Gutho
Don't you mean slither with the eels or soar with the Sea Eagles,?
Come on Clint you know it makes sense to come home

If he did say that the initial Eels offer was an insult, it would be hard to see him staying there given such a public criticism of the club.
Clubs and fans remember such attacks.
Quite bizarre really.

If he did say that the initial Eels offer was an insult, it would be hard to see him staying there given such a public criticism of the club.
Clubs and fans remember such attacks.
Quite bizarre really.

I thought it was an odd interview. Did feel a bit back-handed some of the comments he made during that interview.

I know he is keen to get the best deal, but his comments wouldn't give me confidence if I were a squeels fan.

They did ask him if Turbo being at Manly would impact a decision to join Manly, but he didn't seem too bothered by that.

Des definitely started at halfback for both NSW and the Kangaroos, but you still make a good point.

Thanks @Kevinward777, I'm glad he did but I'd say his versatility ultimately got him into some squads and kept him out of others.

Btw, do you know which games he started for NSW and Aust?
Was he first choice or keeping the seat warm for someone else?

Thanks @Kevinward777, I'm glad he did but I'd say his versatility ultimately got him into some squads and kept him out of others.

Btw, do you know which games he started for NSW and Aust?
Was he first choice or keeping the seat warm for someone else?
He played halfback for the representative sides earlier in his career. (Probably late 80’s) It used to be a toss up between him and Brandy Alexander at the time. However, his versatility definitely earned him a spot on the pine in both those sides on quite a few occasions as well.

He played halfback for the representative sides earlier in his career. (Probably late 80’s) It used to be a toss up between him and Brandy Alexander at the time. However, his versatility definitely earned him a spot on the pine in both those sides on quite a few occasions as well.
From memory only, didn't he tip brandy out of the half back spot on a tour to NZ in about 89?

I've always liked Gutho. He is passionate, he is extremely versatile and always gives 1000 percent. He'd be a great acquisition. He'd be extremely handy at fullback when Turbo is injured or unavailable for origin duty. With Walker's days numbered and Api's rumoured links with the Tigpies his move to Brookie is a realistic possibility IMO. If Des really wants him I think Gutho is ours.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
9 4 5 -16 8