The Guthersation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

frank stokes

I discriminate indiscriminately
I disagree wholeheartedly, you dont move your best player out of the position he makes the most impact
Agreed... the great strength Tom has is his ability to play both sides of the ruck and then attack through the centre when tired players become lazy... the plan would work and Gutho is a top fb but we would be limiting the options of our best player imo

deanm

Reserve Grader
I might get bashed for this bad anyone thought we may use gutho at fullback and Tom in the centres. Tom is an international Centre just throwing it out.

Gutho is a great player and getting him back is the right thing. He should never have left imo

I agree Cam. The chances of Tom playing for Australia at Fullback are difficult as he has Teddy & Probably Ponga ahead of him.

Even though I think he is better than both.

frank stokes

I discriminate indiscriminately
I agree Cam. The chances of Tom playing for Australia at Fullback are difficult as he has Teddy & Probably Ponga ahead of him.

Agreed but I dont think that means manly is best served by him playing centre for us... not saying he wouldn't be great there but I think Tom's a better fb than gutho and we're better off buying a good 5/8 for 500k than a fb for 750k and playing him at 5/8... just my opinion...

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member

And the chances of Gutho being the Kangaroo fullback?

tookey

First Grader
Here’s yet another reason Gutho shouldn’t re-join Manly
It's not just the dollars Clint Gutherson must weigh up as he considers his next career move.

Parramatta have big plans around the likeable and popular Gutherson and intend to use him as the face of their marketing and promotional campaigns should he re-sign.

There are already giant-sized pics of 'King Gutho' on the streets of Parramatta and his image is used heavily in membership drives.

The fullback is up there with Mitchell Moses in terms of fan popularity and media interest.

If he moves back to Manly, Gutherson's profile will shrink behind DCE, Marty Taupau and the Trbojevic brothers.

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/lea...-clint-gutherson/14fq1mq34mpq411lugueo21w7v/4

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
No thanks to Gutherson, money would be better spent on young blokes coming through the system.

I can see where you are coming from Swoop and certainly I would not want to lose Schuster, Fainu, Albert or Ben T. just to accommodate Gutherson. Love to have him back but only after the others are securely under contract.

Ryan

Journey Man
Here’s yet another reason Gutho shouldn’t re-join Manly
It's not just the dollars Clint Gutherson must weigh up as he considers his next career move.

Parramatta have big plans around the likeable and popular Gutherson and intend to use him as the face of their marketing and promotional campaigns should he re-sign.

There are already giant-sized pics of 'King Gutho' on the streets of Parramatta and his image is used heavily in membership drives.

The fullback is up there with Mitchell Moses in terms of fan popularity and media interest.

If he moves back to Manly, Gutherson's profile will shrink behind DCE, Marty Taupau and the Trbojevic brothers.

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/lea...-clint-gutherson/14fq1mq34mpq411lugueo21w7v/4

Jeez , sorry we have marketable and marquee players Sporting News you numbnuts.

Wait until Moses signs in Brisbane. Gutherson in Manly. They'll need to play Lane in the halves.

**** Parramatta.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
What a great idea. Tire our most lethal attacking weapon out in D so we can lessen his impact with the ball. Not only that, but Tom sets the defence and it’s been more than effective this year.
Yep ....in minimal game time , the advice from the great Snake Stewart is obvious on observation....including positioning and more importantly, guiding his front line with a “voice” from the back.

Brissie Kid

Bencher
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ch...n-i-in-boost-for-maroons-20190504-p51k1y.html

Meanwhile, Cherry-Evans would be the biggest beneficiary if Clint Gutherson returned home and played five-eighth next year at Manly. A Sea Eagles team built around DCE, Gutherson, the Trbojevic brothers, Marty Taupau and Addin Fonua-Blake could easily push for a title in the next three seasons. Several Sea Eagles have reached out to Gutherson who holds out for a four-year deal with Parramatta. "I don't know what Clint is doing, but I know he deserves everything he gets because he's such a good person and a great footy player," Cherry-Evans said.

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The King can name his price after today and the Eels will cough it up.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader
Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18