The Haumole Bible.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That’s a little harsh on him. He’s been head and shoulders above anyone in our side as the most consistent and damaging performers.
Yes against the knights there was a silly play but besides that can you remember any others?
This kid has become one of the best backrowers in the comp so he must have something between the ears to do so.
Looking forward to seeing him crack SOO and go to another level again 🤯
Might be correct that it’s harsh, but it is becoming a bit of a worrying trend for me

That play that cost him 10 in the Knights game let them back into the game, and if my memory is correct it was him pulling off a defender while we had the ball at the end of the match that allowed them to have the ball to level the scores up, 2 big plays in 1 game that were costly

Yesterday there was a silly play late in a set that gave the Tigers some big momentum and cost us field position and another 1 or 2 6 agains. There are other examples scattered throughout the games

Absolutely outstanding player, but there are some work ons there

I'm developing a nervous twitch worrying that we might be moving on from throw it to Tom and onto throw it to Haumole. We need to stay focussed on everyone pulling their weight or he'll end up on the injury list merry go round.

I liked the fact when he scored that try, was steaming onto the ball at 100mph, he usually catches the ball flat footed and still creates chaos, but to see him now and then come from the back fence and using his exceptional pace for a big man, is something I would like to see more of... :wait:

Be good to have good level and consistent back rower to compliment Haumole who would have to be one of Manly 's best this season to date . , Taulagi just not that consistent on recent form , Bully does O K but not his best position , Burbo , not on current indications . Sam Fainu maybe not that far off , Seem to have the prop situation covered with Jake , Paseka , Bully and Sipley in quite good form, . Alioia sort of holding his own at 13 . Another good consistent backrower really needed as well

I
Be good to have good level and consistent back rower to compliment Haumole who would have to be one of Manly 's best this season to date . , Taulagi just not that consistent on recent form , Bully does O K but not his best position , Burbo , not on current indications . Sam Fainu maybe not that far off , Seem to have the prop situation covered with Jake , Paseka , Bully and Sipley in quite good form, . Alioia sort of holding his own at 13 . Another good consistent backrower really needed as well
I don’t mind Kelma. I know he’s had a couple of iffy games in defence, particularly the one against the Panfers. But I reckon with a bit more work on defence he’ll be a pretty good backrow partner for Guac.

Haumole was the only forward to be able to hold his head high last night.

The only forward who has improved his game, consistency and intensity in 2023.

It didn't go noticed than when DCE did that magnificent kick n chase to heep Cobbo in the in goal, the player just behind him to complete the tackle was Haumole.
Not one back.

Imagine how good he could be playing for the Broncos, Souths or Penrith.

Last edited:
Many pundits are now tipping Haumole to make the Blues.

Playing origin is considered good for a players development, no doubt. But it occurred to me it could also be a big plus for the club.

It must encourage our other young players to know you can go that far playing for Manly. Just as it must make us a more attractive destination for possible recruits, especially young, ambitious ones. A club that's produced 4 current Origin players is not to be sneezed at?

So go Haumole! I hope freddie picks you. On form you deserve it.

The Haumole Bible reading

It came to pass that when Haumole was a young up and coming player playing in the west

Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour appeared to him in his dream and said to him

Haumole you will go and play for the Legendary Manly club and one day you will fulfil your dream and win a premiership

Glory to God
and Glory to the Legendary Manly Sea eagles
Amen

See the source image

We really don't use him well in attack. he should be given the ball early when he is in full flight in space. When we do it very occasionally he strolls over for a try. Too much jinking and then running back inside IMO. It must drive the guys out there waiting and expecting mad and eventually they stop running because they do not expect the ball will come out.

We really don't use him well in attack. he should be given the ball early when he is in full flight in space. When we do it very occasionally he strolls over for a try. Too much jinking and then running back inside IMO. It must drive the guys out there waiting and expecting mad and eventually they stop running because they do not expect the ball will come out.
Could not agree more. I'd estimate he receives the ball either running very slowly or literally standing still, at least 70% of the time. I watch a back rower like Nikora from the sharks, and he hits the line at speed every time he gets the ball and is damaging as a result. I don't know if it's because Guac hasn't got the stamina or the ball players inside him aren't timing their passes and runs properly, but if he hit it as hard as Nikora does, he would be UNSTOPPABLE!! And like you said, on the rare occasions he does, he usually scores or busts the tackle attempt.

Could not agree more. I'd estimate he receives the ball either running very slowly or literally standing still, at least 70% of the time. I watch a back rower like Nikora from the sharks, and he hits the line at speed every time he gets the ball and is damaging as a result. I don't know if it's because Guac hasn't got the stamina or the ball players inside him aren't timing their passes and runs properly, but if he hit it as hard as Nikora does, he would be UNSTOPPABLE!! And like you said, on the rare occasions he does, he usually scores or busts the tackle attempt.
Nikora is the leading line busting second rower this season, thing is he puts himself in the game, his a hole runner, with a big battery and a pretty good heart, his all effort and gets the rewards for it, his lite at 94kg, maybe it helps maybe it doesn’t, but his fit as which definitely helps and has really good pace. I love Quac, but he needs to increase his workload, start hitting onto the ball, perhaps even run the occasional decoy and get more involved, his a weapon, but has plenty to work on.

I‘ve said it before, I think he would make an awesome middle, in the mould of Fish, JWH and the like, we need more speed and mobility from our edge forwards, our 11,12 lack leg speed, mobility and aren’t great 80 min effort players. If we could get an old bull like JWH or big NAS, a front row with either of these 2 and Quac would be more than a little intimidating, even starting with Jake and one of the old boys as first interchange, would do. What ever we do we have to address our engine room its pretty easy to see that.

Last edited:
I don't know if it's because Guac hasn't got the stamina or the ball players inside him aren't timing their passes and runs properly…
It is a bit of both but there is no doubt to my eye that Guac lacks stamina and I am very concerned that the pace of origin (and the craftiness of those QLD pr*cks) is going to do find him out…
I massively rate the guy but I reckon his outputs significantly decrease in the last 20 min of games…

Nikora is the leading line busting second rower this season, thing is he puts himself in the game, his a hole runner, with a big battery and a pretty good heart, his all effort and gets the rewards for it, his light at 94kg, maybe it helps maybe it doesn’t, but his fit as which definitely helps and has really good pace. I love Quac, but he needs to increase his workload, start hitting onto the ball, perhaps even run the occasional decoy and get more involved, his a weapon, but has plenty to work on.

I‘ve said it before, I think he would make an awesome middle, in the mould of Fish, JWH and the like, we need more speed and mobility from our edge forwards, our 11,12 lack leg speed, mobility and aren’t great 80 min effort players. If we could get an old bull like JWH or big NAS, a front row with either of these 2 and Quac would be more than a little intimidating, even starting with Jake and one of the old boys as first interchange, would do. What ever we do we have to address our engine room its pretty easy to see that.

You saw Haumole run onto the ball at pace more often when Foran played at 7 during Origin last year.

Why? Foran (and also Schuster and Glenn Stewart) ran to the line, straightened, drew defenders then gave early ball to the outside players. Not complex, but the outside players understood what was happening and it allowed them to do their job.

DCE causes indecision when he has the ball in hand. He runs across field looking for a gap himself first, then when that option closes, he either passes it to someone now standing flat-footed, or stops, changes direction and does something different. In this time the support runners have had to stop their run because they have had to second-guess what DCE is doing and react to it.

This is not a groundbreaking observation because it has happened since 2011. The difference being that back then it was Glenn Stewart opening up the space on the right of the field and it was often DCE being a support runner (not the other way around).

Last edited:
It is a bit of both but there is no doubt to my eye that Guac lacks stamina and I am very concerned that the pace of origin (and the craftiness of those QLD pr*cks) is going to do find him out…
I massively rate the guy but I reckon his outputs significantly decrease in the last 20 min of games…
I agree. I don't think he's up to origin at the moment to be honest. Love him too, but the speed of origin is just utter lunacy. He will be totally gassed within 10mins.

Nikora is the leading line busting second rower this season, thing is he puts himself in the game, his a hole runner, with a big battery and a pretty good heart, his all effort and gets the rewards for it, his lite at 94kg, maybe it helps maybe it doesn’t, but his fit as which definitely helps and has really good pace. I love Quac, but he needs to increase his workload, start hitting onto the ball, perhaps even run the occasional decoy and get more involved, his a weapon, but has plenty to work on.

I reckon Paseka is starting to develop into that kind of middle. I'm liking what he's done this year building on some good form towards the end of last year. I reckon he's leading our pack this year with strong damaging carries. He's finally/slowly working out he's a man-mountain and can dominate. Guac is also figuring that out but needs to figure it out more quickly if he's to make more of an impact. And I know it'll sound silly but these guys are too nice. I think it's because they're christian 😇🤣!! They're always smiling. We need them to be bad, nasty and mean - at least on the field. More anger!!! 😡 Think watmough, greg bird etc - or even JWH, like you said. We've got our "nice" guy - Jakey. We need mean, bad asses. And it takes more than a mean haircut. They need mongrel.

I reckon Paseka is starting to develop into that kind of middle. I'm liking what he's done this year building on some good form towards the end of last year. I reckon he's leading our pack this year with strong damaging carries. He's finally/slowly working out he's a man-mountain and can dominate. Guac is also figuring that out but needs to figure it out more quickly if he's to make more of an impact. And I know it'll sound silly but these guys are too nice. I think it's because they're christian 😇🤣!! They're always smiling. We need them to be bad, nasty and mean - at least on the field. More anger!!! 😡 Think watmough, greg bird etc - or even JWH, like you said. We've got our "nice" guy - Jakey. We need mean, bad asses. And it takes more than a mean haircut. They need mongrel.

Paseka is definitely starting to show his unlimited potential. Seems to be injury free.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8