The Haumole Bible.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I agree there is no silver bullet. Schuster will make a difference, but replacing Harper with Koula, Croker with Lawton and one of the props for Tuitavake (which I want to see, personally) will not change the outcome of the last 2 games one bit.

It's pretty clear to me that we have a system issue. Without getting too technical/philosophical, have you ever heard of the 94% rule? I read about it a few weeks ago, and the theory goes something like 94% of the results we experience in the workplace, both good or poor, are a function of the systems and processes in which people work, not the efforts of people. The easy path is to focus on the 6% but in reality it's the system that is likely the problem. That is no doubt what Des and the coaching staff, as well as the players, will be focusing on.
You sound like our mad scientist of a coach Ranga..

Defensively we are swiss cheese with around 36-40 points against on average in the past 5 games now.
Defense has been poor in our last 5 games (3 finals + Rds 1 & 2), but the average is 27 against (total 136).

Those drop balls were pretty costly when we were building or trying to build pressure. But I'm sure the coaching staff will realise that he was otherwise one of our best on ground.

Most threads after a loss are just populated with a lot of people riffing on themes like: we are too slow, we need to fire the whole squad, we are destined for the wooden spoon... so threads like this provide some balance and hopefully some reasoned discussion...

NRL has him playing 32 minutes. But yes he has been underwhelming so far...
Will move to the bench once Alioi comes back after the Bulldogs game. And could be battling to keep a bench spot when Schuster eventually returns.

Just imagine if we had a team with the ability to run Olakau'atu at a 5/8in a 1 on 1 just 5 metres from the try line....I think he ran over the top of Penrith's Luia 3 times last week with no support and no reward
He made 2 half breaks plus a full bust tonight, with no decent service in a badly beaten team
Will likely make SOO in 2022 and be our shining light this season- Massive ability

He's our second-best strike weapon after Turbo. In fact, times during the second half, felt like all our attack was: give it to Haumole and see what he can do. He's going to become the best edge backrower in the comp in a few years.

Ne
He's our second-best strike weapon after Turbo. In fact, times during the second half, felt like all our attack was: give it to Haumole and see what he can do. He's going to become the best edge backrower in the comp in a few years.
Need to make sure we hold on to him.. clubs will come knocking

Oka is a weapon and he needs to be used. He runs on to it and he just needs crisp service. He is only going to get better!
Imagine if we had someone who could utilise his strengths better on that edge. I wonder how many of those post contact metres he grinds out are after receiving an inside dish off whilst flat footed - he earns his keep in that respect. He rarely gets to run a hole line and work with any space - we always seemed to be crabbing him out of the game. Very little combination has developed between DCE,Harper and him yet, which is a shame as it's easy to see the potential there.

Last edited:
I was an advocate of Bullemor on the edge but perhaps he us best going back to the middle as he was at the Broncos.

Davey and him to swap spots
Yeah agree mate. In his blurb on the website he stated he'd always been a middle forward. Looks lost.

Imagine if we had someone who could utilise his strengths better on that edge. I wonder how many of those post contact metres he grinds out after receiving an inside dish off whilst flat footed - he earns his keep in that respect. He rarely gets to run a hole line and work with any space - we always seemed to be crabbing him out of the game. Very little combination has developed between DCE,Harper and him yet, which is a shame as it's easy to see the potential there.
DCE needs to play straighter, he consistently over runs other players lines. It's hard to watch sometimes.

DCE needs to play straighter, he consistently over runs other players lines. It's hard to watch sometimes.
I wonder how Guac would go on Foz's side ? Foran is definitely better at straightening the attack and going deeper into the line. Look at how he uses Parker on the crash ball, and how we managed to get something worthwhile out of Suli end of last year when he filled in. Something we didn't see much of when he was playing right centre.

While Shoe is out it'd be worthwhile swapping sides. Won't happen I know, but it'd be interesting to see.

I wonder how Guac would go on Foz's side ? Foran is definitely better at straightening the attack and going deeper into the line. Look at how he uses Parker on the crash ball, and how we managed to get something worthwhile out of Suli end of last year when he filled in. Something we didn't see much of when he was playing right centre.

While Shoe is out it'd be worthwhile swapping sides. Won't happen I know, but it'd be interesting to see.
Foz and Faitala Mariner were an awesome combo when either one of them could stay on the field. I could only imagine the havoc guac could cause running off foz

He was basically hooked from what I could see. For the second week in a row was lost defensively in his edge. Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s not picked next week.
Yeah I think he was hooked. He was a middle at the broncos, and was used as an interchange, a pretty decent runner against tiring defences. For now I think that is his best role.

34 min not good for a second rower, he just kept a spot warm for Davey. We can’t carry interchange edge forwards, it is a waste, so he needs to be a middle or play in reserves.

Not sure how well it showed up on TV, but at the game, I can tell you, Haumole’s defence tonight was some of the best and most brutal I have seen. Every time the Titans looked dangerous down our right edge, he just bear hugged the opposition and shut so many opportunities down.

I hope he is not only thought of by RL experts and commentators as nothing more than a damaging ball runner, because he is one of the best defensive edge players in the game.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8