The "I miss T-Rex" Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
So 23 when he made the decision

I know I thought differently at 23 to now including some interesting career choices

lsz said:
So 23 when he made the decision

I know I thought differently at 23 to now including some interesting career choices

Doesn't matter how you thought. At 23 you were not a young kid.

The guy gets paid to do a job and he doesn't do it.

At least, Manly are no longer his employer.

He didn't have to leave. As others have said, he made the choice. If his family were encouraging him to take the folding, he should have put them in their places.

I don't feel sorry for him. He's exactly where he belongs. With Des. Two mercenaries.

I am sad that a Manly premiership player who was forced out for salary cap ( yes everyone can stay for $80k) is now being booed by his new teams fans 5 weeks in. If it was Robbo or Rose I'd be annoyed but it is the dogs and you would have to expect it when you sign. It just proves how good our team culture is.

simon64 said:
If his family were encouraging him to take the folding, he should have put them in their places.

That isn't the Polynesian culture and how they work

The big money he is getting he wouldn't be seeing a lot of, his parents would be getting plenty of it, hence the pushing from his dad to take the bigger offer

Read somewhere a while ago that most of Uates money goes back to Fiji as well

Berkeley_Eagle said:
tweet from @BuzzRothfield: Woeful
Incompetent
Loser
Lazy
Idle
Awful
Moneybags
Sad”

A grade journalist is our friend phil.

Hi phil
images

Time to stop this thread.

35 pages of hatred on an ex manly player is ridiculous. He won a premiership with us and left for $. So be it.

He is the scumdogs problem now; not ours to report on every game he plays. Stop acting like the grubs on the dirty flea bitten kebab site - hes not our player anymore.

Yep, remember 2011. What a great year and T REX was a massive part of it.

Look back on him fondly rather than death riding him.

psau14 said:

35 pages of hatred on an ex manly player is ridiculous. He won a premiership with us and left for $. So be it.

He is the scumdogs problem now; not ours to report on every game he plays. Stop acting like the grubs on the dirty flea bitten kebab site - hes not our player anymore.

Well said mate.

Kiwi Eagle said:
simon64 said:
If his family were encouraging him to take the folding, he should have put them in their places.

That isn't the Polynesian culture and how they work

The big money he is getting he wouldn't be seeing a lot of, his parents would be getting plenty of it, hence the pushing from his dad to take the bigger offer

Read somewhere a while ago that most of Uates money goes back to Fiji as well

Well that can't be helped. He did what he needed to do. He has zero chance of getting sympathy from me.

COMMANDER said:

I agree, watching that highlights reel he looked devastating snd you can understand how he got the offer he did. Something went wrong somewhere because he hasn't played with that enthusiasm in quite a while and is obviously not a happy camper right now. No longer our problem either.

When he was at the top of his game he was devastating, i am very thankful that he did it in Manly colors, would hate to see him hit that form for another team (with my maroon and white glasses on). If he does it for OZ against our sheep loving brothers, completely acceptable.

Watching that 2011 clip he rarely syarted from a standing start right in feont of the d.

He sat back a fair few metres and hit the line at speed he somehow decided to start to try to just push people out of the way instead.

If he figures out his position and deoth again he will be devastating again

Crap... 400K for a kid from his situation wasn't enough to put his family beyond wildest expectations (theirs)? Pleeeeeaaaaasssseeeee!

lsz said:
Mark will have to agree to disagree

A young kid under pressure from his family accepts a massive deal. You can not blame him (at his age if you were offered an extra 200k a season & had the family pressure what would you do?)

As mad Marcus put it - I wanted him to flop but am actually feeling for the big guy

Here's a fking hint... When you make decisions based on money and not passion you suffer.. I'm sick of hearing about his family, extra 200k, blah blah blah. He made that decision and deserves the consequences that come with it.

MissKate said:
COMMANDER said:

I agree, watching that highlights reel he looked devastating snd you can understand how he got the offer he did. Something went wrong somewhere because he hasn't played with that enthusiasm in quite a while and is obviously not a happy camper right now. No longer our problem either.

HK_Eagle said:
Crap... 400K for a kid from his situation wasn't enough to put his family beyond wildest expectations (theirs)? Pleeeeeaaaaasssseeeee!

lsz said:
Mark will have to agree to disagree

A young kid under pressure from his family accepts a massive deal. You can not blame him (at his age if you were offered an extra 200k a season & had the family pressure what would you do?)

As mad Marcus put it - I wanted him to flop but am actually feeling for the big guy

Here's a fking hint... When you make decisions based on money and not passion you suffer.. I'm sick of hearing about his family, extra 200k, blah blah blah. He made that decision and deserves the consequences that come with it.

You are spot on, great call.
I wish you luck rex, just can't see you having much.

For mine, the turning point in T-Rex's form was his back injury in SOO last year. Despite this, Manly showed T-Rex plenty of respect on Friday. They continually swarmed defensive numbers onto him. More than onto any other Dogs player.

The rule changes and different interpretations this year don't favour T-Rex - and may similarly turn many huge power forwards into dinosaurs. Forwards like big George, Kasiano and Pritchard.

This hatred thread is irrelevant. T-Rex is no longer Manly, and the Dog trolls are self-combusting without us needing to say or do anything.

Clint said:
psau14 said:

Well said mate.

If you change your settings it's only 8 pages if that makes everyone feel better.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11