The "I miss T-Rex" Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Stop this feeling sorry **** everyone!!!!

There's a great saying " you make your bed and have to lie in it"

HE signed the contract not anyone else

Really he's just another Manly star who leaves never to be the same again, Lussick, Oldfield and Harrison will go the same way.

torana355 said:
Deep down i do feel sorry for him as he seems like a really nice bloke but at the end of the day he asked for the big money and now he has to deliver. I truly feel our side is better without him as he mucked up alot of our left side attacking plays, you could always see Foran getting frustrated with him.

Swap Reynolds this year, for Foran last year.

Mark will have to agree to disagree

A young kid under pressure from his family accepts a massive deal. You can not blame him (at his age if you were offered an extra 200k a season & had the family pressure what would you do?)

As mad Marcus put it - I wanted him to flop but am actually feeling for the big guy

I thought he actually tried to pick himself up for this game. He looked like he was trying a lot harder than in previous efforts.

He even tried to milk a penalty.

However if you're going to stand flat/in front of the play it's gunna be tough.

Gus really gave it to him tonight. Not sure if that kind of attention is warranted (it felt a bit overboard from Gus) but I don't feel too sorry for him.

I have bagged the guy deluxe when he was in maroon and white because he made silly plays and half attempts. I aam more pleased he isn't in our squad than pleased he isn't playing well.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Stop this feeling sorry s**t everyone!!!!

There's a great saying " you make your bed and have to lie in it"

HE signed the contract not anyone else

Really he's just another Manly star who leaves never to be the same again, Lussick, Oldfield and Harrison will go the same way.

Agreed!!! The thing that sticks in my mind is the way he came out in the press and described last year with us as "I didn't really care" or something stupid like that (taken it was in the DT). I really did like the guy till that article.

Unfortunately and as Mark said above, lie in the bed you have made for yourself T-Rex!!!

Just remember if we had kept T Rex we would probably have lost Brett Stewart and/or Jamie Lyon.I know we did the right thing there.I too feel sorry for T Rex but he chose to take the money and run.He had alot of help from his team mates last year and it affected the way they played.Now we have a team where everyone is on the same page and knows their job and the results are there for everyone to see.

So why doesn't every other player that left here get this much vitriol ? Lussick, Cuthbertson, Waerea-Hargeeaves, Whare, Tasi to name a few

He wanted to stay, his old man didnt want him too, and that's how the island families work, especially the big ones. At least he was honest about that one all the way through, unlike young Hoppa who will be making bigger money than Williams. Will be interesting watching the reactions next year on him

Personally I'm just happy watching Manly go around, don't need to head to other forums to death ride players etc.

lsz said:

A young kid under pressure from his family accepts a massive deal. You can not blame him (at his age if you were offered an extra 200k a season & had the family pressure what would you do?)

As mad Marcus put it - I wanted him to flop but am actually feeling for the big guy

I love it when people don't agree with me cause it doesn't happen very often ( Lol).

My comments were a little tongue in cheek, if it makes you feel better to shed a tear then be my guest!!

I for one won't be crying, nor will I cry if Darcy doesn't do well at the Eels.

Sadly most players today are mercenaries so when they have Maroon and White on I am cheering, when they don't its the opposite.

Hypothetical- Suppose the the Dogs released T.Rex, if Manly could have him, (Cap etc $$)
You wouldn't take him back, would you?
Waiting for him to have a good game is like waiting for Hayley's Comet.
When it's good it's great, but.....

I have never understood why he plays for 80 minutes, I'd bring him on after 20-25 mins and let him rip in. The key is to find the on switch as currently he looks disinterested and lost.

Buhrer was around his ankles the whole second half. Stuck to him like glue. Did a great job on that.

I wouldn't have him back. He sucks the energy out of those around him. I think he did that with Foz last year. To much time and effort was taken up with directing him around the park. We have done tremendously in our recruitment and I wouldn't drop any newbies or oldies for that lazy big tool.

Why the **** would I be sorry for someone who earns 10 times what I do playing footy once a week for 3/4 of the year. Sheeesh get a grip people.

I was happy enough to give it to Tony but I reckon it's a bit over the top now.

Gould and co never said anything about Barbas disgraceful game. He was and is a bigger joke.

Tony is playing no worse for the Dogs now than what he did for us last year when they signed him big $$$$.

Hasler was determined to get a Manly star to prove a point. He got one.

I know one thing for sure NSW have little chance of winning origin, they now have less with Williams out if form.

Lets see Slater Smith or Hayne get bagged if they string a few bad games together.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
tweet from @BuzzRothfield: Woeful
Incompetent
Loser
Lazy
Idle
Awful
Moneybags
Sad”

ab05zp.jpg

Sounds more like Rothfield doing a self assessment

I'd pay money to see T Rex trample over Rothfelch.

lsz said:

He is 24 years old. 25 later this year. How is that a 'young kid'? He is an adult.

Not only is T-Rex coping it on the kennel, there is like over 1000 posts on Facebook wanting his head. The one that I found the funniest was:

Dogs supporter: Can we please get a refund on Tony Williams?
Manly supporter: No.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12