The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Maybe it would be easier if we highlighted the players who were putting in this year.
Trbojevic brothers, Lui (although he's a bench player at best ,not our premier 2nd rower), Ballin (but his limitations are really showing now) , Buhrer ( but too small and getting injured too much now he carries the backrow) , Mateo (for 2 games at 5/8) . The rest are either too injured , not up to Manly first grade standard or don't give a fuk.
I
I think Willie has been having a crack as well.
And Ligi Sao seems to have a dig.

Well how were his stats for the previous 60 minutes??

I don't have them exactly , but I'd suggest , ran once for 10
Metres, made one tackle and kicked the ball to no where once!!

If you think he's been performing " to his peak " then I don't need to grow balls, you need to go to Specsavers!!
The whole team has not played to it's peak and any lack of effort in the halves will be multiplied and noticed more when the forwards are soft up the guts in go forward and in defence.

You can see the lack of enthusiasm especially in defence when we struggle to get numbers in the tackle(we can't afford only two people in the tackle with our lack of aggression, size and maturity) and mainly bracing ourselves for impact not hitting with the shoulders driving in your face impact.

So often the forwards are struggling to control the ruck, even when we do get three people in we just don't dominate the tackle and peel off way too fast.

Watch the first half again and tell me if DCE did more than Foran in that first half he did bugger all also. There is a lack of overall enthusiasm in the squad---- no forward grunt and aggression to give us half a chance.

Both halves have struggled for the same amount of time since last years collapse and struggling for enthusiasm.

This is not to say Forans effort has been acceptable what I'm saying is the poor performances are not entirely due to a poor effort just magnified due to our weak forward pack making it more obvious to the casual observer. I'm not excusing his behaviour just annoyed that he is being singled out way too often.

If our forwards were dominating I guarantee you even with a lack of effort the halves would still carve teams apart and hardly anyone would be uttering a word about effort.

When a team requires effort plays from the backline and halves to keep them in games with no inspiration coming from the forwards you know there is trouble with the depth and grunt of the squad.

The whole team has not played to it's peak and any lack of effort in the halves will be multiplied and noticed more when the forwards are soft up the guts in go forward and in defence.

You can see the lack of enthusiasm especially in defence when we struggle to get numbers in the tackle(we can't afford only two people in the tackle with our lack of aggression, size and maturity) and mainly bracing ourselves for impact not hitting with the shoulders driving in your face impact.

So often the forwards are struggling to control the ruck, even when we do get three people in we just don't dominate the tackle and peel off way too fast.

Watch the first half again and tell me if DCE did more than Foran in that first half he did bugger all also. There is a lack of overall enthusiasm in the squad---- no forward grunt and aggression to give us half a chance.

Both halves have struggled for the same amount of time since last years collapse and struggling for enthusiasm.

This is not to say Forans effort has been acceptable what I'm saying is the poor performances are not entirely due to a poor effort just magnified due to our weak forward pack making it more obvious to the casual observer. I'm not excusing his behaviour just annoyed that he is being singled out way too often.

If our forwards were dominating I guarantee you even with a lack of effort the halves would still carve teams apart and hardly anyone would be uttering a word about effort.

When a team requires effort plays from the backline and halves to keep them in games with no inspiration coming from the forwards you know there is trouble with the depth and grunt of the squad.
Forward comments all valid but the real frustration for me is the amount of time we've spent camped in the opposition 20 with no spark coming from the superstar halves resulting in an actual try.

Defense is all about attitude and Forans, and DCE and snakes is way down of late. If you watched the game it was VERY F**KING OBVIOUS!

From Tooves column in the Manly Daily:

HALVES TO FIRE

LOOK for Kieran Foran and Daly Cherry-Evans to ignite our attack on Saturday night. They are international stars for a reason.

Both have been disappointed with their recent performances but as I keep saying, form is temporary, class is permanent.

FMD. Both have been disappointed with their recent performances? They should be ****ing ashamed.

You summed it up very well TC

From Tooves column in the Manly Daily:

HALVES TO FIRE

LOOK for Kieran Foran and Daly Cherry-Evans to ignite our attack on Saturday night. They are international stars for a reason.

Both have been disappointed with their recent performances but as I keep saying, form is temporary, class is permanent.

FMD. Both have been disappointed with their recent performances? They should be ****ing ashamed.
It is no longer about saying they are going to perform it is about DOING it!! It is an empty promise until we see some passion especially from Foz.

I get where you are coming from but need I remind you this IS the Kieran Forum, and so to discuss all things in relation to this current player.

Anyway let's see what this weekend brings, I know we are still short players BUT we are now at probably the lowest ebb in a decade so the only way is up.

Last edited:
I can't believe this thread is still going. I thought it would have already decided that it was best for its family if it closed down.

I can't believe this thread is still going. I thought it would have already decided that it was best for its family if it closed down.
This thread , or another if this one was to be locked , will continue until the end of round 26 AND id expect it to reappear next year when he's in the blue and gold.

Let's hope this thread keeps on going, that way it can only mean one thing, he's going sh#thouse in the blue and gold

Forward comments all valid but the real frustration for me is the amount of time we've spent camped in the opposition 20 with no spark coming from the superstar halves resulting in an actual try.
This has been an issue for years due to a lack of simple power play straight options that take pressure off the halves and backline to create all the time.
Easier for defences to get numbers to the edges/backline areas when the middle is not really a threat or not really taking seriously runners off their inside shoulders.

If you don't fear a straight simple flat power play option like Souths and the Roosters for example it puts way too much pressure on the halves to create something----offering mainly the pet backline second man plays in the hope we establish an overlap without really condensing the defence line up the middle beforehand.

It's one area Manly have always struggled with just more noticeable now with injuries and a lack of dangerous forwards to take seriously in the red zone, add the drop in effort and enthusiasm as a whole and you will struggle to put on points.

Let's hope this thread keeps on going, that way it can only mean one thing, he's going sh#thouse in the blue and gold

After paying 1.2 Million a year for him ( which in my opinion is about double what he's worth), can you but imagine the Squeals forum if he continues the current form , it would be going off big time.

I don't visit other clubs forums , but gee it would be tempting , especially if Twatnough keeps dropping balls and giving away two penalties a game.

This has been an issue for years due to a lack of simple power play straight options that take pressure off the halves and backline to create all the time.
Easier for defences to get numbers to the edges/backline areas when the middle is not really a threat or not really taking seriously runners off their inside shoulders.

If you don't fear a straight simple flat power play option like Souths and the Roosters for example it puts way too much pressure on the halves to create something----offering mainly the pet backline second man plays in hope we establish an overlap without really condensing the defence line up the middle beforehand.

It's one area Manly have always struggled with just more noticeable now with injuries and a lack of dangerous forwards to take seriously in the red zone, add the drop in effort and enthusiasm as a whole and you will struggle to put on points.

Good summation, realistically nothing is going to change with this so basically " we are ****ed".

I get where you are coming from but need I remind you this IS the Kieran Forum, and so to discuss all things in relation to this current player.

Anyway let's see what this weekend brings, I know we are still short players BUT we are now at probably the lowest ebb in a decade so the only way is up.
I noticed the thread title has changed a few times maybe it should change again to the "We blame everything on Keiran Foran Forum"

I noticed the thread title has changed a few times maybe it should change again to the "We blame everything on Keiran Foran Forum"

I just watched the Canberra game now, and honestly, for 65 minutes he was dreadful. Basically walked around, hands on hips. The commentators were tearing him a new one, and DCE said the halves pairing form has been poor.

Give us a reason to compliment him, and people will. Poop sandwiches are poop sandwhiches mate.

Good summation, realistically nothing is going to change with this so basically " we are ****ed".
Well if the younger forwards develop throughout the season and can add a little more grunt off the back of some aggression and strong runs from Mason(and he has been trying that is for sure) the enthusiasm levels may pick up as a whole.

In "some instances" it is not a case of lacking effort just not a good enough forward to start with. If you put the average Joe Blow in the boxing ring against Mike Tyson in his prime you might have the required effort and enthusiasm up until that very first punch you absorb---you then realise you are out of your league or depth.

What looks like a lack of effort from that point on really is a lack of self belief and just not as good as your opponent----in saying that right now we are mainly just flat lacking any enthusiasm and uptempo aggressive intensity at all.(Remember we have let go many of our aggressive older forwards to compound this problem and replaced with different types of players that offer other advantages)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11