The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Forans statement says it all. He's seen his chance to avoid going the same way as choc and he's gonna take it. The clause thats caused the problem is the one with the one million dollar payout if he walks out on them. That clause is f.cking outrageous. Not only can he basically walk at anytime, but they have to pay him a years salary if he does. The NRL wont register it, so its not a question of parra 'betraying his trust". If he really wanted to go to the eels and he was a man of honour he'd throw his arms up and say fair cop. Its still a great deal. Didn't he say when he signed the money wasnt first and foremost and instead he just wanted to play under the Dalai?. But he clearly doesn't want to go and he's gonna grab this opportunity with both hands. The statement is pure PR to avoid a DCE backlash, get on the front foot, play the aggrieved party, maintain the whole 'i am a man of honour thing' and extricate himself from this dog of a club.
I think you'll find he and the Eels agreed to removing that clause with the issue still being the clause where he can walk if Arthur was to leave or any future political unrest.

Why does a 'man of his word' ever need a get out clause?
Not only a get out clause but one where he gets $1m in compo for choosing to walk away. Foz senior probably came up with this one.

Manly move to keep Kieran Foran
Date
June 23, 2015 - 8:35PM
  • 165 reading now
James MacSmith

Manly appear poised to reclaim the services of Kieran Foran after the Kiwi superstar indicated he was willing to turn his back on Parramatta.

Just three weeks after Daly Cherry-Evans backflipped on his Gold Coast deal, Foran could also recommit to Brookvale alongside his halves partner in another stunning development for the Sea Eagles.

The Eels are said to have reworked the original $4.8 million contract Foran signed with the club three months ago and hold out hope he will move west in 2016, however Foran indicated the significant distrust he now feels toward Parramatta in a statement to the Nine Network on Tuesday.

"I don't know how it has come to this, I entered into an agreement three months ago in good faith and I have never wavered," Foran said.

Advertisement
"I have shown the utmost respect to Parramatta and I'm not 100 per cent sure this has been shown to me."

A $1 million bail out clause has reportedly been taken out of the new contract, with Foran permitted to leave the club if Brad Arthur is no longer coach.

But that attempt at detente could be too little too late with Manly moving to secure Foran with a rearguard action in the same way they did Cherry-Evans.

Gold Coast, Canterbury and Sydney Roosters are other possibilities if Foran decides to look further.

Originally Foran was heavily linked to the Roosters due to his strong friendship with Mitchell Pearce.

With James Maloney moving to Cronulla next season the Roosters do have an opening alongside Pearce in the halves.

However the NSW playmaker doesn't think that will happen.

"I don't know how we are going to afford Kieran," Pearce joked to AAP.

"I'm sure it is going to be a hot topic.

"But I haven't spoken to him about it. He is obviously a good mate of mine but I don't think that situation will arise.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...foran-20150623-ghvvcv?stb=twt&skin=dumb-phone

My big fear is that we do go down the DCE style contract and that means we lose one or both of the turbos or gutho.

With DCE we can afford to build the team around him and the turbos and gutho down the track. With DCE and Foran I don't think we can.

This whole saga from the Eels is a joke. But I said in another thread previously that the problem with Foran is he always seems to want an out. He never seems like he fully wants to commit.

I reckon we are a chance of keeping him. There have been rumours for a while that Foran was meeting manly officials about staying so manly management must know about this. Maybe this is why we were ok with snake going to the roosters as this would have freed up cap space for KF. With killer and snake off contract year after next surely we could back end his deal or something.
Yes Jen, but weren't we saving those dollars for Turbos & Gutherson?

Watch The "Kieran Forum" surpass The Daly Cherrygraph now.

Can't believe that this is happening. I had made peace with Foran leaving as soon as he had signed with Parra and still think that re-signing him won't be in our best interests. If the club do look to re-sign him then I seriously hope that it doesn't come at the cost of our young stars.

Listening to Paul Kent the original 4.8 million dollar contract that Foran signed had the 3rd party agreements to be payable by the eels which as anyone knows is not permitted under the salary cap so the contract couldn't ever be registered. This was the contract which had the million dollar get out clauses etc.

In all my days I have never heard of anything like this. So the eels actually took Foran off the market with an "illegal" contract. The eels will be lucky if they don't have to pay damages over this.

The sad part is that if Arko was still in charge at Manly he would have had both DCE and Foran re-signed before the start of the season.....and probably for much less than what the club eventually got DCE to backflip for.

Provided his attitude is right (i.e. NOT what it was for the first half of this season), I wouldn't be against Foran staying at Manly, if it comes to that of course. But considering DCE's new contract that begins in 2016, plus the additions of Myles, Brown and Lussick, it might be hard to offer him his market value with what would be left of the cap. Once Foran signed with the Speels the club threw virtually everything at DCE and into signing up his friends from other clubs to keep him happy. Can Manly put together enough TPA's to keep Foran?

Of course there has also been talk of offloading some current players (Mason, Burgess etc) so that might free up some cap space.

I honestly would like Foran to remain at Manly.....I just can't see it happening. I think there is a lot more chance of Foran and his management working things out with the Speels than there is of him remaining at Brookvale.

Forans statement says it all. He's seen his chance to avoid going the same way as choc and he's gonna take it. The clause thats caused the problem is the one with the one million dollar payout if he walks out on them. That clause is f.cking outrageous. Not only can he basically walk at anytime, but they have to pay him a years salary if he does. The NRL wont register it, so its not a question of parra 'betraying his trust". If he really wanted to go to the eels and he was a man of honour he'd throw his arms up and say fair cop. Its still a great deal. Didn't he say when he signed the money wasnt first and foremost and instead he just wanted to play under the Dalai?. But he clearly doesn't want to go and he's gonna grab this opportunity with both hands. The statement is pure PR to avoid a DCE backlash, get on the front foot, play the aggrieved party, maintain the whole 'i am a man of honour thing' and extricate himself from this dog of a club.
If Foran has the $1m walkout clause in his Parra contract what is to sop him playing for 3 years and 11 months and then saying he wants to get out of his contract and take the $1m?

It must rank as one of the most stupid clauses in a contract of all time. They must have Christopher Skase as their legal representative

image.jpg

It just goes to show how desperate the Speels were to sign proven winners if they were willing to put in a get out clause if certain people were no longer there. And that $1 million compensation clause.....that is a very one sided contract.

Is it any wonder that other than Jarryd Hayne's 'career year' 2009 season, the Speels have been virtually anchored to the bottom of the ladder for the past 15 or so years. The club is a basket case on and off the field.

We would definitely be able to keep both and build a competitive side around our 2 international halves. With third party payments (counting $0 towards the cap), marquee player allowances, long term player concessions and all these are set to rise with the new NRL rights deal.

Yes we have only won 1 grand final with this pairing but we have also lost one gf and only a point away from making another one. If we have this sort of success for the next 8 years I would be bloody happy with that.

The question is if the deal is agreed upon by the two parties does the NRL have to agree to make it valid?
According to Paul Kent the NRL can't register it as it has the third party agreements payable by the club which is not permitted under the salary cap.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10