The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Great article by Malcolm Knox, which touches on Fasler, in today's SMH.

And how about Zorton's hypocrisy this morning in the MD? Referring to 'Sea Eagles board member' Cliff Lyons.

The same board he and his family consider irrelevant.

Feel like reprinting that here for those of us interstate ?

Feel like reprinting that here for those of us interstate ?
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...s/news-story/6f526b8a6b583736adad3b29a85fe838

Long term Manly fans will fondly recall Cliffy’s on field exploits
Peter Peters, Manly Daily
May 12, 2017 2:50pm

THERE is one important part of Sea Eagles history which is never questioned or even debated – the greatest indigenous player to wear the maroon and white.

The magnificent, scheming Cliffy Lyons, who played 309 games for the club between 1986 and 1999, is everyone’s choice.

With Manly clashing with the Broncos in a Suncorp blockbuster on Saturday night as part of the NRL’s indigenous round, many fans will recall Lyons’ sublime career with Manly.

He played in premiership- teams in 1987 and 1996 and was a two-time Dally M medallist.

His stature is best illustrated by the fact that two of the clubs he played with — Manly and Leeds in England rate him in their respective club’s best teams of all time.

Lyons was a magician with the ball in his hands and his uncanny combination with the game’s record try-scoring forward Steve Menzies will be folklore in Manly’s history for decades to come.

PROUD LIST

IT is 30 years at the end of the season since Lyons mesmerised Canberra in the last grand final played at the Sydney Cricket Ground.

Lyons was like a silky, smooth shiraz and simply got better with age.

While Lyons is a runaway best ever indigenous player, Manly has a proud list of indigenous players since the club was formed in 1947.

The loveable George Rose would win most charismatic indigenous player. Utility Paul Shaw was another who comes to mind along with tough centre Albert Torrens.

In tonight’s team, rising star centre Brian Kelly has lapped up the celebrations of Indigenous Week and will have a big contingent of family from his hometown of Ballina in the crowd tonight.

Lyons, at a healthy 55 years of age and a board member of the Sea Eagles, will be cheering on his beloved Sea Eagles tonight from his Freshwater home come kick-off at 7.50pm.

Looks like the kennel will have a toothless pup .
The pressure on Des and Foz will be enormous next season .

I still think they'd have been better served keeping Reynolds, signing Foran to play halfback, moving Mbye to hooker and getting rid of Lichaa and maybe some other low priced player. I guess salary cap ( :giggle: ) dictated who got the chop, but I think Foran could have worked well with Reynolds who for all of his faults is talented and is the heart and soul of that team.

I still think they'd have been better served keeping Reynolds, signing Foran to play halfback, moving Mbye to hooker and getting rid of Lichaa and maybe some other low priced player. I guess salary cap ( :giggle: ) dictated who got the chop, but I think Foran could have worked well with Reynolds who for all of his faults is talented and is the heart and soul of that team.
Probably would have made Reynolds a better player too. He'd be able to do his ad-lib headless chicken thing (that works) without fear, knowing Foran was there to do the sensible stuff.

you forget the magnificent freddy jones,he could really hook

As a true hooker Jones was only second to Schubert (who was almost unbeatable as a rake). But as a modern hooker he would be declared as only solid. Cochrane, like Krillich, was dangerous in attack and solid in defence

As a true hooker Jones was only second to Schubert (who was almost unbeatable as a rake). But as a modern hooker he would be declared as only solid. Cochrane, like Krillich, was dangerous in attack and solid in defence
But fred could really drink ,he turned up to rex,s pass the ball final pissed as and won

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10