The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
RE: Foran - Will he ? Won't he ?

At this stage now I don't really care if he stays or goes, it would be great if he stays but players can be replaced, (Riccardi is ready to step up, either way will lose one or the other). we also have Josh Drinkwater who progressing nicely. If Kierin does decide to leave then I wish him well but pity him because he will become another player known as a coach player (doesn't play for a club but plays for a coach), so I guess the dogs would have nothing to cheer about as he would be playing for Hassler not them, he would be playing with out passion, without a cause and sadly he would never become a club legend, so Kierin has more to loose by leaving than staying, Good luck Kierin if you decide to go but choose soon please mate so we can get on with signing up our other players

FORAN'S FINAL TWO
Don't expect a decision before this Friday's blockbuster between the Sea Eagles and Bulldogs but star Manly five-eighth Kieran Foran is within weeks of a decision on his future and has ruled out all clubs bar Des Hasler's Bulldogs and the Silvertails. Canterbury still have the bigger offer on the table but Foran likes Manly and doesn't want his decision to disrupt the club. Expect a decision before State of Origin I. Meanwhile, fullback Brett Stewart's discussions continue to crawl along, with the futures of Darcy Lussick, Matt Ballin, Michael Oldfield and Dean Whare all hanging in the balance. Ballin remains the best value of all players given his money-to-ability ratio while David Williams has also found himself in Hasler's crosshairs. The Wolfman has an option in his favour at Manly but the Bulldogs have goal-kicking wingers Bryson Goodwin and Steve Turner off-contract.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/salary-cap-surge-to-create-greater-interest-in-pocock-20120424-1xjg3.html#ixzz1t0d20xU9

Let's not get too carried away just yet.
Quote from Des in the SMH
''There's been a lot of speculation about that. All that can be said about it at the moment is those players have to make up their own minds, all the rest is speculation.

''It's really not worth commenting about it until they're clear on what they want to do. It's not worth speculating about it because nothing happened. Neither player [Foran nor Tony Williams, who has also been linked to the Bulldogs] has signed here.''
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/sea-eagles-the-benchmark-for-bulldogs-says-hasler-20120424-1xje4.html#ixzz1t0cqkmtD

You here lots of crap, a lot a false rumours deliberately leaked to gain advantage or purpose.

However I posted on here on one of these threads my shock when it was announced that the Roosters had signed Maloney because it had been said that they were going to go hard after Kieran. The Rabbitohs were almost over the line with Maloney but then the Roosters very quickly made a big offer and trumped them.

Then I heard from my Roosters's mate they had signed Maloney that he was told that Foran had already snapped up for 2013 onwards. They didn' t know who by but no negotiations progressed. That was before Christmas. Maybe he hadnt signed, but had already received an offer way more than the Roosters were prepared to go.

I see Matai has now been taken off the list after Kiwi cleared up his contract. just shows how much BS there is in all of this

Daniel said:
I see Matai has now been taken off the list after Kiwi cleared up his contract. just shows how much BS there is in all of this

maybe they just forgot

Berkeley_Eagle said:
" . . . Expect a decision before State of Origin I . . . "

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/salary-cap-surge-to-create-greater-interest-in-pocock-20120424-1xjg3.html#ixzz1t0d20xU9
Let's see, 23 May. This thread might end up longer than War and Peace.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
" . . . Expect a decision before State of Origin I . . . "

Let's see, 23 May. This thread might end up longer than War and Peace.

Only 250 more posts before the big prize.

Foran is gone and while we are being taken in, negotiations with Williams and co have been stepped up by the Dogs or whoever.

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
You here lots of crap, a lot a false rumours deliberately leaked to gain advantage or purpose.

However I posted on here on one of these threads my shock when it was announced that the Roosters had signed Maloney because it had been said that they were going to go hard after Kieran. The Rabbitohs were almost over the line with Maloney but then the Roosters very quickly made a big offer and trumped them.

Then I heard from my Roosters's mate they had signed Maloney that he was told that Foran had already snapped up for 2013 onwards. They didn' t know who by but no negotiations progressed. That was before Christmas. Maybe he hadnt signed, but had already received an offer way more than the Roosters were prepared to go.
I'm sure I remembered reading there's some bad blood there between foran and their recruitment manager whose his mothers former partner.

Apparently (this was in the papers) Sullivan blew up deluxe at Kieran in 2010 when he re-signed with manly as he had tried to get him to the roosters then.

Daniel said:
Ceagle said:
Daniel said:
I honestly can not fathom this legal action talk, it just sounds so petty and spiteful and is unbecoming of both clubs.

I know we like being hated, but adding to it doesn't seem a logical thing to do.

We are going to lose players, and we lost our coach, it happens, even Wayne Bennett left the broncos.

The thing is, when he left the broncos, they did the respectful thing, and just got on with business, appointed a new coach and kept looking at new talent. Sure they have a bit of an unfair advantage, but they didn't carry on like a bunch of children.

It is so sad to see this mighty club look like this, even if all this talk of legal action is only fan driven, it is so unbecoming and it saddens me that we are the ones doing it.
If there is strength behind it, it would only make the Dogs look bad.

Not at all, There are no real winners in this. All it will do is make other people think "ha manly getting a taste of their own medicine" as outdated as that view may be, it is still the view many hold.

All we will come off as are spoiled children throwing a tantrum, the bulldogs will also look bad, but the net result is that we all just look sulky

The point about us getting our own medicine is so true. Not one person other than manly fans feel that this is unjust, and most love seeing our club ripped apart. I would probably be the same if it were the Broncos or Melbourne but they are smart they got a millionare backer to start a new comp and make them the boss of it so they are untouchable.

This will still be the case in 100 years! But big deal we need our kieran.

Eagle1188 said:
At this stage now I don't really care if he stays or goes, it would be great if he stays but players can be replaced, (Riccardi is ready to step up, either way will lose one or the other). we also have Josh Drinkwater who progressing nicely. If Kierin does decide to leave then I wish him well but pity him because he will become another player known as a coach player (doesn't play for a club but plays for a coach), so I guess the dogs would have nothing to cheer about as he would be playing for Hassler not them, he would be playing with out passion, without a cause and sadly he would never become a club legend, so Kierin has more to loose by leaving than staying, Good luck Kierin if you decide to go but choose soon please mate so we can get on with signing up our other players

I totally agree, whilst it is a shame that he maybe departing, I am sure our club will find a worthy replacement. Be it Riccardi, Drinkwater, or Lyon to 5/8.

There is no way that anyone will find out about KF's future before Friday nights game. Could you imagine if he said that he was moving to the dogs before Friday?? After the game they would need 10,000 officers, because the blow ups would be huge. Even though both clubs playing down suggestions it is a normal match, it is quite evident that all the bad blood, and dealing with dog supporters, the cooker will be well over 100 degrees.

Good luck to Foz, whatever the outcome, but it would be advantageous if this was finalised sooner rather than later, as this is disrupting everyone at the club.

Seriously, Riccardi? Can someone please tell me his win/loss ratio since playing in the under 20's?

5/8's should be able to win games alone, and drive their teams around.

Kieran, DCE & co. were extremely successful in the lower grades.

Also, lets go on the attack, and start pilfering the Dog's squad, and raise their asking price. Like to see us offer Barber a heap of cash. Tear their team apart.

I'm also sick to death with Kieran Foran. He has dillusions of Grandeur. He's a decent player, but if you go from his behaviour, you'd think he was the next immortal - just ask him.

Commit to the club, or wrack off kid. Your ruining people's season & enjoyment.

Volley said:
Johns managed it once or twice. No-one's in his league though.

Lockyer did. Thurston can. Riccardi's results have been unsatisfactory in the lower grades. In fact, I'd almost say his win % would be in the 20's somewhere.

Ryan said:
Volley said:
Johns managed it once or twice. No-one's in his league though.

Lockyer did. Thurston can. Riccardi's results have been unsatisfactory in the lower grades. In fact, I'd almost say his win % would be in the 20's somewhere.

WTF Ryan? We have a gamebreaker in DCE mate we don't need 2 to win premierships, Riccardi will play well behind a good team like our first grade one. Name one team that has two world class half's???

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10