The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
RE: Foran - Will he ? Won't he ?

Johns won 2 comps in his career, Thurston has never won a comp as a halfback. Takes a lot more than 1 guy to get results and a team over the line

It is a lot of responsibility to chuck on 1 young kid that the teams he plays in are going bad, am sure if he was playing beside JWH, Lussick, Buhrer and DCE his win % would look much better

I have never seen the kid play so no comment on his ability at all, but I can't judge him just on that

Ryan said:
Seriously, Riccardi? Can someone please tell me his win/loss ratio since playing in the under 20's?

5/8's should be able to win games alone, and drive their teams around.

Kieran, DCE & co. were extremely successful in the lower grades.

I have no idea where you got the idea that 6's should be gamebreakers.

You also need to remember that Foran & DCE were surrounded by an excellent team in the NYC.

Hodkinson absolutely dominated in the QLD cup but has turned into an average NRL player, DCE was the opposite. Not all players follow the same path & there is no surefire way to tell if a guy is going to be a winner or not. Riccardi might tear up the NRL or he might be the next Jye Mullane, no way you can tell that now though.

No way that players should be rated on their teams win/loss ratio either, especially in the lower grades.

Wolfpack said:
Ryan said:
Seriously, Riccardi? Can someone please tell me his win/loss ratio since playing in the under 20's?

5/8's should be able to win games alone, and drive their teams around.

Kieran, DCE & co. were extremely successful in the lower grades.

I have no idea where you got the idea that 6's should be gamebreakers.

You also need to remember that Foran & DCE were surrounded by an excellent team in the NYC.

Hodkinson absolutely dominated in the QLD cup but has turned into an average NRL player, DCE was the opposite. Not all players follow the same path & there is no surefire way to tell if a guy is going to be a winner or not. Riccardi might tear up the NRL or he might be the next Jye Mullane, no way you can tell that now though.

No way that players should be rated on their teams win/loss ratio either, especially in the lower grades.

DCE won a premiership in the QLD Cup didn't he?
Anyways, I hope we play Lyon @ 5/8, and bring Whare into the centres in this instance.

This Foran crap is tedious.

I have no doubts Liam would play well given his brother's departure, and we'd have money to re-sign the players we want.

If Foran is really undecided we should make the decision for him. We sign Williams using Forans cash and tell Foran to sign with the Dogs. As much as I want him to stay I think Williams is more important. Paying over a million for our 2 halves is not the way to go.

Garts said:
If Foran is really undecided we should make the decision for him. We sign Williams using Forans cash and tell Foran to sign with the Dogs. As much as I want him to stay I think Williams is more important. Paying over a million for our 2 halves is not the way to go.

Totally agree.

If Foran hasn't signed by now for a club that gave him his start, having his mates around him and the environment he is used to...he can't be too keen to stay and seems he won't.

So many reasons for him to stay yet he won't sign.

As much as i love him, cut him loose and concentrate on the others. I feel they are more important also.

manlywarringah said:
Garts said:

Totally agree.

If Foran hasn't signed by now for a club that gave him his start, having his mates around him and the environment he is used to...he can't be too keen to stay and seems he won't.

So many reasons for him to stay yet he won't sign.

As much as i love him, cut him loose and concentrate on the others. I feel they are more important also.

I could not have put it any better myself. The kid is great, but the other 16 players make him what he is. If anyone that follows this club can suggest for 1 minute that snake, gifty, lyon, DCE, choc, king,matai, have not helped Foran be at the level he currently is, and contributed to what he has become. It is strongly suggested that attendance as a fan, to the games, is crucial for your understanding.

Garts said:

Well yes indeedy. Ive thought this for a while now and alluded to it in another thread when I said plan B could be swinging into action.

There seems to be sentiment out there that the Dogs game is to hold off announcing the Foran signing to distract our mob away from securing deals with our other players like TRex.

Our management would surely have that plan B in mind from the outset. Especially considering the Des re-signing debacle.

MrInvisible said:
panash said:
MrInvisible said:
Sorry guys, but you need to remember something.

Gallop would still be seething over the Stewart incident and we already know he's no fan of Manly. That's not to say he loves the Bulldogs, but from a logical standpoint he WILL intervene if required, because the last thing he wants is the two clubs in court over this. It'd make a laughing stock of the NRL.

I dare say he'd be calling both parties if push came to shove and telling them to sort it out OUTSIDE court.

Think of it like two franchisees going to court against each other. Regardless of the outcome the parent company looks bad.

Loigcally if you were going to launch legal action over this, wouldn't you act BEFORE the horse has bolted, and use it as a distraction to sign up your off contract players while the other club is busy going through the courts?
contract is a contract , breach is a breach , legal law is legal law..
it doesnt matter what field in life your playing in.
If manly feel they have a leg to stand on they have the right to defend them selves and against the people that are trying to produce harm.

im not saying it will be a wise financial decision ( only manly know ).
but no one has the right to stop someone defending themselves if they have proof..

ps. remember the bunnies the nrl & news limited wanted them out of the competition , they fought on the legal grounds they had and won..AND GOOD ON THEM !!! FOR ARE POOR CLUB AT THE TIME , I RESPECT WHAT THEY DID
True, though that said I see taking legal action over this incident the same as having a player charged with assault for a punchup on the field.

and if that ever happened how many Manly players would have criminal charges against them already?

Don't answer that it's rhetorical but the answer is the same. It's pointless. What goes on on field stays on field.

What goes on with contract negotiations stays with those parties involved.

The ONLY reason Manly are even talking legal action, is an attempt to cover up their own shortfallings for failing to secure players earlier, and having them depart as a result.

Earnie the Eagle said:
Thats making it a hard choice BE, a date with Nicci or an hour to thump the daylights out Mr I and his mates....
Issuing threats of violence against a forum member, surely that's got to be worth a ban?

I dont make threats, I was just making comment about what prize I would take if I was poster number 1000, what the hell did you think I would do if I was locked in a room with you and all the other trolls, play spin the bottle!!!

That's not a threat, me saying "I want to rip Mr I's throat out" to his face is, maybe you should go look door banning opportunities at the kennel, coward

Vyssini said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
" . . . Expect a decision before State of Origin I . . . "

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/salary-cap-surge-to-create-greater-interest-in-pocock-20120424-1xjg3.html#ixzz1t0d20xU9
Let's see, 23 May. This thread might end up longer than War and Peace.

Only 250 more posts before the big prize.

Yeah...227 to go.. let the countdown begin.. It's getting exciting now..:popcorn:

Earnie the Eagle said:
...are you getting excited Nicci?
Yes, I was the 1000th poster so I'm getting an iPad, which I'll use to go on Silvertails after cheer leader training.

Earnie the Eagle said:
niccipops said:
Earnie the Eagle said:
...are you getting excited Nicci?
Yes, I was the 1000th poster so I'm getting an iPad, which I'll use to go on Silvertails after cheer leader training.

Is Dan giving ipads away?
No, just making stuff up. Dan provides this site for us Sea Eagles nutters so thanks to him.

I'm back to push the thread total along. Nicci, Ernie, can you feel the tension building?

Vyssini said:
I'm back to push the thread total along. Nicci, Ernie, can you feel the tension building?

I am dissapointed that I am not getting an ipad, but still this thread is becoming a legend, one day people will write songs about it.

Earnie the Eagle said:
Vyssini said:

I am dissapointed that I am not getting an ipad, but still this thread is becoming a legend, one day people will write songs about it.

I'm confused.. Aren't we only up to post 782.. Aren't we still in with a chance??

Clint said:
Earnie the Eagle said:
Vyssini said:

I'm confused.. Aren't we only up to post 782.. Aren't we still in with a chance??

About as much chance of not catching a fish at Rapid Ck, in the water, not the pub (if its still there)

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10