The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Snakes also got 2 years left and to be honest, he seemed to get pissed at the assertion by the media that him and his brother are joined at the hip and if Glenn goes, he'll go too. I think he'll be happy to stay on once it all dies down. He really does owe Manly after the way the club stood by him in 2009.

Loobs said:
Snakes also got 2 years left and to be honest, he seemed to get pissed at the assertion by the media that him and his brother are joined at the hip and if Glenn goes, he'll go too. I think he'll be happy to stay on once it all dies down. He really does owe Manly after the way the club stood by him in 2009.

And with his knee's two years will pull him up, and unlike some he will get a glorious, memorable send off at Brookvale for his last game.

Those that chose to leave that have completed most of their career will more than likely forgo that experience, probably walking off with a simple wave to the crowd and nothing else.

Kieran Foran admits his future at Manly Sea Eagles is uncertain

"Maybe I should have a change": Manly five-eighth Kieran Foran admits he doesn't know if he'll remain at Brookvale long-term.

When premiership dreams are dashed in golden-point extra time, it is natural to wonder what might have been – though Kieran Foran's focus soon switched to his immediate playing future, now the most unsettling season of his stellar first-grade career has drawn to a close.

In the sombre aftermath of Canterbury's 18-17 semi-final victory at Allianz Stadium on Saturday night, Manly's Kiwi international five-eighth opened up on the emotional toll this fractious campaign had taken on one of the competition's marquee players.

The 24-year-old stopped short of guaranteeing his long-term future on Sydney's northern beaches following a year where accusations of discord among the senior playing group – and the controversial departure of veteran Glenn Stewart – overshadowed Manly's exploits on the field.

"With the year that we've had and the **** that's been going on – it hasn't all been smooth sailing ... I think we showed once we cross that white line everyone gets in there for one another and we play out hearts out for one another."

Foran confirmed Manly chief executive David Perry and coach Geoff Toovey were aware of his conflicting emotions.

"I'm a bit all over the joint in terms of my future," he said. "One day I get up and I think it'd be brilliant to stay here for the rest of my career, the next day I get up and think, 'Aw ****, maybe I should have a change'."

The club's willingness to let Stewart join South Sydney next season was a particularly bitter blow for Foran, while fellow stalwarts Anthony Watmough and Steve Matai have also been linked with moves to Parramatta and the Warriors.

"The 'Gifty' (Stewart) situation was quite close to my heart because I'm very good mates with Gift. I didn't want to see him go, but the club had to do what it had to do. I've got some tough times ahead of me to think about what I want to do. "I am making no promises just yet. I think that now's the time for everyone to get away and clear their heads. Have that individual time to think about what they want, and how best to resolve the problems that we had this year."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/manly-sea-eagles/kieran-foran-admits-his-future-at-manly-sea-eagles-is-uncertain-20140922-10k3h4.html#ixzz3DzyqDbfo

RE: Kieran Foran admits his future at Manly Sea Eagles is uncertain

It's been 2 days since the loss ( now we know we got robbed on top ). I'm still upset & shattered.

I wasn't part of the playing roster.

I find it hard to believe that he is worrying more about getting interviewed about his career so early , you would think that you wouldn't want to be in any spotlights after a elimination loss and how it went down.

It seems his mind has & is on something else rathwr then trying to win games with manly.

Very disturbing & sad

I did notice that they could have headlined with "gee it would be great to stay here for the rest of my career" but instead as usual chose the opposite of the comments he made. typical bull**** again

He has looked like, and played like, a man with the weight of the world on his shoulders this last 6-8 weeks. He looks mentally wrung out and there is very little spark in his step. Hopefully a bit of a break now will freshen him up, hit the surf, get your mind off footy. See how you feel once preseason starts.

I he does end up going to the bulldogs I would say he'll replace reynalds.

As long as this **** at the club is sorted then im all for players do go where the **** they like.

BUT GOD if we even go near Reynalds. If he is even considered a chance of wearing maroon and white. I'll spew.

bones said:

Like him or not at least he doesn't air dirty laundry in the media.

fLIP said:
I he does end up going to the bulldogs I would say he'll replace reynalds.

As long as this ... at the club is sorted then im all for players do go where the ... they like.

BUT GOD if we even go near Reynalds. If he is even considered a chance of wearing maroon and white. I'll spew.

I doubt the dogs will be in to him I can see Roosters and Warriors maybe even Rugby Union.

Yes C and C.He has played like that.

Fair enough too.Imagine being a good looking well spoken 22 year old having to live on Manly beach and having to actually decide between 700k at a club who you are actually CONTRACTED TO and another club offering 800k to break that contract. How does he drag himself through the day?The burden must be incredible.The whole thing is a f...ing joke.

Why do we even bother with contracts in the NRL.

susan said:

Fair enough too.Imagine being a good looking well spoken 22 year old having to live on Manly beach and having to actually decide between 700k at a club who you are actually CONTRACTED TO and another club offering 800k to break that contract. How does he drag himself through the day?The burden must be incredible.The whole thing is a f...ing joke.

Hallelujah Brother I wish my life was so tough

susan said:

LOL. There are "first world problems" and then there are "superstar NRL player problems". I'm sure there are plenty here who would love to be facing his dilemma. The bottom line is that like all of us who play sport, he does it because he loves the game. He needs to get that passion and enjoyment back and the form will come from there.

Might have cost himself the captaincy ... unless its a carrot we use to help him to stay? Although I thought we might have been giving it to DCE for the same reason.

I agree entirely that he needs to get his passion back and we need him to get it back....my problem is with the reasons these young blokes lose it in the first place and the complete lack of personal responsibility that signing a contract should entail....I guess it is a symptom of everything that is happening in the world but gee its hard to cop when we are talking about money most people only dream about.

I DONT BEGRUDGE THESE GUYS THE MONEY,GOOD ON THEM,BUT THE FLIPSIDE SHOULD BE RESPECT FOR THE PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY PAY THEM UNDER A LEGALLY BINDING CONTRACT!!!!

Ideally I agree Mavin, but it can be used in discussions just to show the player how highly he is thought of within the club.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10