The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would have so liked to see Foz finish his career at Manly.
The touted replacement has shown little to inspire me. Best he puts in next year after insuring the departure of close to our best player this season....

Jerry its like with Watmough and Glenn Stewart. Would have loved to see them finishing their career at Manly but one has to think of the future of the team.

Foran has done a fine job, but we have two young potential stars coming through in Schuster and Latu Fainu. Manly has made this mistake of holding on to a player too long in recent times, and losing potential stars not yet at star status. I keep coming back to Gutherson for one. Despite the at times disparaging remarks made by some on this site, he's a damned good player, and one we could have used and may have helped us avoid some of the damage we had in later years. Bad mistake that one.

Same applies now. If Foran stayed he may have a year or two left. But would that justify potentially losing Schuster and Fainu, either which could be our star 5/8 for the next decade. Manly keeps allowing young players with potential to slip through its fingers. I've already mentioned Tom Wright and Hastings. Canberra had two players in its side we let go believing they weren't up to it and some here suggested one was just a big head. Yet Starling and young Hopoate were in the team for the Raiders that creamed us.

Scott Fulton does an excellent job getting some of these young future stars to the club. But there's this bottleneck issue at first grade that prefers existing players even if they aren't winning, to these potential future stars. Cleary never had that problem at Penrith with youth, and look at them. Youth always must take precedence if their potential suggest star quality in my opinion

Canberra had two players in its side we let go believing they weren't up to it and some here suggested one was just a big head. Yet Starling and young Hopoate
Starling? Never at Manly. Hoppa? We could have persevered with him but it's still probably another 12 months before he really recovers from all his injuries, if he ever does. Manly made a very good offer, he chose not to accept it.

Jerry its like with Watmough and Glenn Stewart. Would have loved to see them finishing their career at Manly but one has to think of the future of the team.

Foran has done a fine job, but we have two young potential stars coming through in Schuster and Latu Fainu. Manly has made this mistake of holding on to a player too long in recent times, and losing potential stars not yet at star status. I keep coming back to Gutherson for one. Despite the at times disparaging remarks made by some on this site, he's a damned good player, and one we could have used and may have helped us avoid some of the damage we had in later years. Bad mistake that one.

Same applies now. If Foran stayed he may have a year or two left. But would that justify potentially losing Schuster and Fainu, either which could be our star 5/8 for the next decade. Manly keeps allowing young players with potential to slip through its fingers. I've already mentioned Tom Wright and Hastings. Canberra had two players in its side we let go believing they weren't up to it and some here suggested one was just a big head. Yet Starling and young Hopoate were in the team for the Raiders that creamed us.

Scott Fulton does an excellent job getting some of these young future stars to the club. But there's this bottleneck issue at first grade that prefers existing players even if they aren't winning, to these potential future stars. Cleary never had that problem at Penrith with youth, and look at them. Youth always must take precedence if their potential suggest star quality in my opinion
I agree with much of what you say Bearfax, my only concern is that we've let go of the wrong half. I realise Foran may have move chronic injuries to manage but he's younger than DCE, he's cheaper than DCE and dare I say he's more likely a better foil for Schuster than DCE. At say $500,000 he also would have allowed us to strengthen our roster with a good up and coming prop or a good young hooker to work in tandem with Crocker.

So Foran kicks a ball in the 2nd half from the 10m defensive line into the 25m sideline about 10 metres too fast for Parker . Raiders score 3 tackles later. Completely screwed what little momentum we had in the 2nd half.

WTF Foran?

Not a word from the Foran lovers, yet if it was DCE, he would be copping abuse left right and centre.
Fair point..

It was an insanely stupid play. And having the worlds slowest back as the only chaser only compounded the stupid.

Foran has been Farr and beyond better than DCE this year and I put it down to a desperate roll of the five rather than an all or nothing glory play as dce would.

Foran has more goodwill in the bank for me, his efforts and leadership have been incredible this year and I will miss him.
yeah, I agree...don't think he would have a done something so ridiculous if we weren't playing so **** for the past couple of months.
You could see the frustration ...although yeah, kicking to Parker hahaha - talking about just ****ing giving up

The leadership, or lack of, has been talked about in other threads. That is my biggest concern with foz leaving. Who steps up as that senior player foz has been for us on field? I can't see an obvious answer to that.
yep. it's worrying
I also don't see anyone else stepping up with that same resilience that he has to keep putting in
Except for Jake i suppose

I am confident that Schuster can deliver next season, he has all the tools and skill.

He has recognised his issues this season and has taken ownership on rectifying them and giving himself every chance to deliver next season, hopefully he can remain injury free.
What makes you say he has recognised his issues?
Hope you're right but I still see him as being lazy, he doesn't get anywhere near involved enough

So his last ever game for us on Friday

And the Bulldogs are raging hot favourites.

Oh how the mighty have fallen.
I would agree, Mark, except we haven't been mighty for a long time. The last time we were considered mighty, Tooves was the coach. In truth, we've fallen from bog average to well below average.

So Foran kicks a ball in the 2nd half from the 10m defensive line into the 25m sideline about 10 metres too fast for Parker . Raiders score 3 tackles later. Completely screwed what little momentum we had in the 2nd half.

WTF Foran?

Not a word from the Foran lovers, yet if it was DCE, he would be copping abuse left right and centre.
Come on !
Dce probably does this 40 times more often than Foran ,thats why !

Starling? Never at Manly. Hoppa? We could have persevered with him but it's still probably another 12 months before he really recovers from all his injuries, if he ever does. Manly made a very good offer, he chose not to accept it.

Seems you're right about Starling. I thought he was with Manly juniors for a bit but seems I was wrong. I withdraw my comment there SER8. You got me.

But with Hopoate? Its about perseverance not immediate gratification. Manly paid $1 million for 3 years to Latu Fainu while he's playing juniors. Its the way it goes these days in the game. Manly cant afford to do what Parra and Penrith do and overlook juniors because of a surplus. When we have them, if they look potentially something special even if its a few years away, its important to make them feel wanted, become part of the community, develop a sense of identity with the club. Look at Manly over the past decade. Close to being a rabble. We've hardly been packed with players of quality and those who want to stay. Cant just pick and choose in Manly's state. Hold onto what you have and ensure they stay.

Seems you're right about Starling. I thought he was with Manly juniors for a bit but seems I was wrong. I withdraw my comment there SER8. You got me.

But with Hopoate? Its about perseverance not immediate gratification. Manly paid $1 million for 3 years to Latu Fainu while he's playing juniors. Its the way it goes these days in the game. Manly cant afford to do what Parra and Penrith do and overlook juniors because of a surplus. When we have them, if they look potentially something special even if its a few years away, its important to make them feel wanted, become part of the community, develop a sense of identity with the club. Look at Manly over the past decade. Close to being a rabble. We've hardly been packed with players of quality and those who want to stay. Cant just pick and choose in Manly's state. Hold onto what you have and ensure they stay.
Josh Feledy went to the tigers unfortunately. He was an up and coming centre.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4