The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Seems you're right about Starling. I thought he was with Manly juniors for a bit but seems I was wrong. I withdraw my comment there SER8. You got me.

But with Hopoate? Its about perseverance not immediate gratification. Manly paid $1 million for 3 years to Latu Fainu while he's playing juniors. Its the way it goes these days in the game. Manly cant afford to do what Parra and Penrith do and overlook juniors because of a surplus. When we have them, if they look potentially something special even if its a few years away, its important to make them feel wanted, become part of the community, develop a sense of identity with the club. Look at Manly over the past decade. Close to being a rabble. We've hardly been packed with players of quality and those who want to stay. Cant just pick and choose in Manly's state. Hold onto what you have and ensure they stay.
I seem to recall the Hopoate situation was pretty tense, given John was demanding he play & spitting the dummy when he was loaned to the a Warriors.

Wasn't there word John was asking for a $500k contract for Albert to stay at Manly?

And yet he still $hat all over your young potential star, whom couldn't even keep himself in shape.

Give Foran a severe ankle injury, put him on the bench to play a middle forward position for 10 - 20 mins per match when he returns and tell me how good Foran would go?

He would have retired already.

Truly gutted he's leaving @:cry:

Throwing this out there - best, most consistent player for us this season. We won the games he swapped to half-back in DCE's absence, and made Haumole go into beast mode.

For mine, hope he gets players, player this season. Sorry @XV-1, respect your opinion, but he's been balls to the wall all season imo mate.

Thank you Foz - you're the epitome of character with what you've come back from.

Give Foran a severe ankle injury, put him on the bench to play a middle forward position for 10 - 20 mins per match when he returns and tell me how good Foran would go?

He would have retired already.
Well, sorry, but the reality is Foz has kept relatively healthy, and certainly never allowed himself to turn into a blimp even when he went through his own horror injury patches. He's played strong all year and shows more heart and grit than anybody in the team... and he does it while others around him (including Schu) have fallen into a hole. You go out of your way to make excuses for schu and then lay the boot in at any opportunity with Foz. It's cool, we all have emotions and our own biases... and given Foz is leaving and Schu is staying, I'm hoping just as much as you that he comes good. Manly is largely depending on it.

Truly gutted he's leaving @:cry:

Throwing this out there - best, most consistent player for us this season. We won the games he swapped to half-back in DCE's absence, and made Haumole go into beast mode.

For mine, hope he gets players, player this season. Sorry @XV-1, respect your opinion, but he's been balls to the wall all season imo mate.

Thank you Foz - you're the epitome of character with what you've come back from.
Agree with everything you said, except I don’t respect XV’s opinion, because he constantly says the same **** about foran with no stats of facts to back it up… []

Oh well... Foz is gone & we will see if the Shoe is as his manager & others on here claim "the next messiah".. Lets hope he is hey...

We need the winds of change. Our problem is that we can’t let go of the past. Time to look ahead with our youth.
Pretty sure Manly has one of the youngest squads in the NRL.
Despite the constant sniping at Des for allegedly failing to pick youth, somehow or other we have debuted a lot of young players in the last 3 seasons and might be ready to reap the rewards in the near future (assuming the whole joint doesn't implode first, of course!)

I seem to recall the Hopoate situation was pretty tense, given John was demanding he play & spitting the dummy when he was loaned to the a Warriors.

Wasn't there word John was asking for a $500k contract for Albert to stay at Manly?
Just from memory, the best info here at the time was that Manly offered Albert Hoppa $1/4 million a year, but he wouldn't sign, so the offer was swiftly and sensibly withdrawn. After a few less than stellar performances in firsts, he subsequently signed with Raiders, reportedly on a development deal worth less than $100k pa. The kid was a big talent as a junior and I know the Turbos rated him so good to see him starting to get some games after all the serious injuries he's had.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4