The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wake up people and stop reading and believing all this click bait bullsht. The reason they are taking so long is because they DON'T WANT TO LEAVE. They are torn between loyalty, mates and a consistent top 4 club that has schooled them to where they are today or going somewhere else for substantially more money. With a $6.5 million salary cap we can't possibly afford 2 guys on $1million+ each. They don't want to go but if it's a choice of Manly at 700-800k or elsewhere for 200-400k more per year that's too much to knock back for mates and loyalty for anyone. Stop knifing the guys before anything has actually happened for godsake.
Still doesn't justify taking 6 months to make a decision Each player realistically has only got 2 teams excluding manly interested in then. if the rest of us took this long to make a contract decision we would be well and truly passed over.

"Kieran Foran is poised to sign a multimillion-dollar, four-year deal with Parramatta by the end of the week."

I do believe it's now the end of the week Adrian Proszenko - it is you with the pen. Poised and with poisonous intent to deliver another week of 'exclusives' from the mouths of some Eels lackey.

Wake up people and stop reading and believing all this click bait bullsht. The reason they are taking so long is because they DON'T WANT TO LEAVE. They are torn between loyalty, mates and a consistent top 4 club that has schooled them to where they are today or going somewhere else for substantially more money. With a $6.5 million salary cap we can't possibly afford 2 guys on $1million+ each. They don't want to go but if it's a choice of Manly at 700-800k or elsewhere for 200-400k more per year that's too much to knock back for mates and loyalty for anyone. Stop knifing the guys before anything has actually happened for godsake.
Still think and always have that Foran and DCE are playing against each other, both preferring to stay and not having to uproot but also wanting the dosh that comes with being the one who stays.

But I also do think both are looking elsewhere for a new challenge so they are both caught up in staying or leaving.

I don't mind the confusion and holding off on the decision I just hate some of the show pony antics of DCE and both in relation to leaving it to the last minute of the season showing a lack of respect towards the club and team-mates.

Still think and always have that Foran and DCE are playing against each other, both preferring to stay and not having to uproot but also wanting the dosh that comes with being the one who stays.

But I also do think both are looking elsewhere for a new challenge so they are both caught up in staying or leaving.

I don't mind the confusion and holding off on the decision I just hate some of the show pony antics of DCE and both in relation to leaving it to the last minute of the season showing a lack of respect towards the club and team-mates.

If that's the case TC then the club would know this and should sit them both down together and clear the air on their desires and grievances. They must both realise they can't both stay for 7 figure sums each. One has to go or they both stay for much less than elsewhere. Do they want the big$ contract or the success. They must realise their "Brand" won't be as marketable at a club that is out of the 8 and it may cost them plenty in the long run.

If it's about money, then the club needs to nominate which player is the priority or risk losing both due to $$$.

If it's not about the money, then the club needs to conduct an internal review as to why these two are so unhappy. Surely if either are unhappy, it would be discussed during the negotiation process.

The club will be under no illusions as to the explaining that will need to happen if both walk. If they can keep one, they'll survive the wrath of members and fans due to the nature of the salary cap, but if both go, there will be some serious heat on our administration. I hope they are transparent and give us a clear indication as to what has gone on the last few months.

Looks Foran won't be making a decision this week now- I take that as he wants to announce after the Parra game. I wonder what that means?

Foran and DCE can not be in the right head space to be kicking off our campaign against the eels, there changing there minds from day to day from what were being told...... And could really hurt the start to our season, in which could sway them to think we are on a downward spiral out of the 8 . Club should start to force there hand, we must know before kick off or go.

We have heard all the arguments its time to decide. If Foz is delaying this for a week well that is doing him and our club no favours. I know he is torn but it has to end now. One way or another he will be a loved player but for everyones sake its decision time for he and DCE.

Our structures under Des were second to none. They were innovative, and adaptive. So far, Toovey has just just rode off those coat tails so far, and it has worked up until the finals start.

Then, injuries or whatever has meant we are roadkill.
I disagree Ryan. We score way more tries from in our own half under tooves than we ever did under des. We play more expansive ad lib football. Des was all about structure and control. If he could have I reckon he would have run the water so he could tell them how he wanted the plays set up. I like our footy under tooves and I see distinct differences. Yes we still have the same goal line set play but so does every nrl team we just run it better. The old saying is if it ain't broke it doesn't need fixing. We also have fewer points conceded year on year compared to des.

One thing commonly overlooked is that I think their has been some teams specifically assembled to give us problems. Big mobile forward packs like the bunnies are problematice for our pack. Our forwards for years have always been a bit undersized like choc and gift. We haven't really had that big damaging scary ball runner

Looks Foran won't be making a decision this week now- I take that as he wants to announce after the Parra game. I wonder what that means?
I read over the weekend that he was keen to stay at Manly until the Roosters trial.

So perhap the Parra game is more important than we think and he will sign for whoever wins.

I read over the weekend that he was keen to stay at Manly until the Roosters trial.

So perhap the Parra game is more important than we think and he will sign for whoever wins.

So they go in with their heads in a mess, lose by a ****load, sign with the other clubs, and come out the next week and destroy the Storm.

I truly doubt ANY player would make a decision based on the result of one game, sorry UP but that's a load of shyte.

This is the biggest thread I have seen!
Not sure if anyone has pointed out that Parramatta has been a graveyard for halfbacks for the last 20 years. Talk about the poison chalice!
This thought would have crossed Forans mind?
Parramatta is a marquee player graveyard

Why would that cross his mind If he backs his own ability? Foran is about the challenge and testing himself. manlys team has changed before everyone's eyes. If he leaves we rebuild he if he stays we still will still rebuild. We are an appealing club with a winning culture. This will not hange.

I think its a reasonable assumption that if manly don't have a press conference or an announcement this week signing foz, that he is as good as gone.

Why would foz delay it any more? if he gets a serious injury early in the season it would severely affect his price tag.

he has also stated numerous times he wants his contract sorted before the season.

its a strange one. Foz embodies the manly spirit, but is not really a game winner. DCE has a lot more weapons in his arsenal but doesn't seem as tied to the manly spirit as foz does (did?)

so who do we keep?

I think its a reasonable assumption that if manly don't have a press conference or an announcement this week signing foz, that he is as good as gone.

Why would foz delay it any more? if he gets a serious injury early in the season it would severely affect his price tag.

he has also stated numerous times he wants his contract sorted before the season.

its a strange one. Foz embodies the manly spirit, but is not really a game winner. DCE has a lot more weapons in his arsenal but doesn't seem as tied to the manly spirit as foz does (did?)

so who do we keep?
DCE. I reckon he can elevate a 5/8 but I don't see foran being able to elevate a halfback. I was always at lot more worried watching us play without DCE than I was when we were without foran. That's a purely game results perspective removing everything else for myself (feelings, emotion etc.)

DCE. I reckon he can elevate a 5/8 but I don't see foran being able to elevate a halfback. I was always at lot more worried watching us play without DCE than I was when we were without foran. That's a purely game results perspective removing everything else for myself (feelings, emotion etc.)
Agreed without DCE playing we look lost. I've seen numerous games where Foran goes missing. Throw the checkbook at DCE he's our future.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10