The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
RE: Foran close to agreeing on a new Manly deal

MrInvisible said:
The Eagle - Feel free to note the comments I've made, apart from "TheWaterboy" chop that's it.

BTW Some on here can vouch that I had called the Hasler move well before it occurred. I know about 3 people involved with Manly directly that feed me information.

Just passing on what I've heard. You'll notice I failed to draw a conclusion on who he may sign with, because nobody knows.

Actually,that one was quiet funny and i like how you managed
to find a pic with the dumbest look on his face that ive ever seen

He is still tougher than a crowd of dogs fans + their cousins/bros

look the foran thing for the fans is principle everyone can see if they don't get him, then well they are ****ed they will never win a comp with reynolds and hodgkinson there. But to be honest in reality is he that big of a loss.
Don't get me wrong great player, but what does he want 700 in new tv salary cap.
He is DCE security blanket and had been since 20's, but while he improves your team and is a great defender he is not a gamebreaker. While we have gifty in the team when fit we have a 2nd five eight, he link with killer makes him a 6. Without gifty and foz a lot a defence gets thrown at DCE, nothing against kieran he has a good 5th tackle kick better than DCE but that is it.

He goes we still have plenty of options, gifty is very creative as is killer not the end of the world.

winnyason said:
look the foran thing for the fans is principle everyone can see if they don't get him, then well they are f***ed they will never win a comp with reynolds and hodgkinson there. But to be honest in reality is he that big of a loss.
Don't get me wrong great player, but what does he want 700 in new tv salary cap.
He is DCE security blanket and had been since 20's, but while he improves your team and is a great defender he is not a gamebreaker. While we have gifty in the team when fit we have a 2nd five eight, he link with killer makes him a 6. Without gifty and foz a lot a defence gets thrown at DCE, nothing against kieran he has a good 5th tackle kick better than DCE but that is it.

He goes we still have plenty of options, gifty is very creative as is killer not the end of the world.

Unfortunately Gift and Killer are both nearly 30, while Foz is just starting his career and will only get better. If they were the same age as Foz I'd agree with your point.

manlyfan. said:
MrInvisible, no one questions your right to post on here....but I'd love to know why you do. I haven't seen you show much interest in game day threads or injuries and suspensions, most of your input seems to revolve around player departure or Des.
I do post a little bit around here in other threads, but obviously not ones directly related to Manly players performances.

My support for the Dogs goes back to when I was a toddler as my grandparents live within walking distance of Belmore Sports Ground, so I grew up supporting the Dogs. I'm sure many Manly fans have similar stories.

The irony is however I live close to Brookvale (if traffic is good) than I do to Belmore Sports Ground, and I know a few people involved with Manly.

I've also got accounts on Tigers, Rleague, LeagueUnlimited, and Eels forums. Not that I post there much.

Generally each weekend I try and catch a few games, obviously one being the Dogs game, and whatever other ones that catch my interest. Sometimes it's nice to watch a game and not worry about who wins, as long as it's entertaining :)

That's when I'll check out game threads, etc, though obviously my opinion may differ to Manly fans on the game.

bones said:
Dan.... I know there is a block feature on this site so that we can block any posters who's posts we don't want to read. But is there any way a reverse block feature can be added. So that we can block posters from reading our posts? If we all did that to the trolls it would be pointless in them coming on here.
The other way is simply making people log in, in order to view comments. In other words lock all Guest viewing permissions and only allow members to read and post.

That would stop the trolls.

Mr Invisible, I see I have left a lasting impression over at the Kennel, some posters still cant help but stalk my posts on this forum then post about it on the Kennel.

From todays SMH

LUSSICK WANTED

Parramatta are shopping around forwards Shane Shackleton and Justin Poore to rival clubs and are so confident of offloading the pair that they're now prepared to pay more than $300,000 to secure Manly enforcer Darcy Lussick.

SEA EAGLES STAY

Manly may be all but resigned to losing Lussick but negotiations with stars Brett Stewart and Matt Ballin are continuing. The Inside Back is told the pair has no intention of leaving the club they consider home, with Manly to have first and final rights on their futures. Expect both to recommit. However, the news isn't so positive for five-eighth Kieran Foran. The New Zealand representative insists he won't be rushed into a decision on his future.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/ennis-has-an-ongoing-menace-with-knee-trouble-20120418-1x7q3.html#ixzz1sSJcAY1H

Chip and Chase said:
From todays SMH

LUSSICK WANTED

Parramatta are shopping around forwards Shane Shackleton and Justin Poore to rival clubs and are so confident of offloading the pair that they're now prepared to pay more than $300,000 to secure Manly enforcer Darcy Lussick.

SEA EAGLES STAY

Manly may be all but resigned to losing Lussick but negotiations with stars Brett Stewart and Matt Ballin are continuing. The Inside Back is told the pair has no intention of leaving the club they consider home, with Manly to have first and final rights on their futures. Expect both to recommit. However, the news isn't so positive for five-eighth Kieran Foran. The New Zealand representative insists he won't be rushed into a decision on his future.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/ennis-has-an-ongoing-menace-with-knee-trouble-20120418-1x7q3.html#ixzz1sSJcAY1H

No mention of Matai - wonder that is the status with him. Gosh I hope he re-signs.

Chip and Chase said:
From todays SMH

LUSSICK WANTED

Enforcer huh, yeah right!

in the tele blog bulldog stated foran is still favoured to stay at manly and the mole on twitter tells he will stay at manly.

Chip and Chase said:
From todays SMH

LUSSICK WANTED

SEA EAGLES STAY

I suggest Darcy give Chris Sandow a call if he thinks going to Parra is a good idea. Judging on his recent form Parra is rubbing off on him already.

MrInvisible said:
manlyfan. said:
MrInvisible, no one questions your right to post on here....but I'd love to know why you do. I haven't seen you show much interest in game day threads or injuries and suspensions, most of your input seems to revolve around player departure or Des.
I do post a little bit around here in other threads, but obviously not ones directly related to Manly players performances.

My support for the Dogs goes back to when I was a toddler as my grandparents live within walking distance of Belmore Sports Ground, so I grew up supporting the Dogs. I'm sure many Manly fans have similar stories.

The irony is however I live close to Brookvale (if traffic is good) than I do to Belmore Sports Ground, and I know a few people involved with Manly.

I've also got accounts on Tigers, Rleague, LeagueUnlimited, and Eels forums. Not that I post there much.

Generally each weekend I try and catch a few games, obviously one being the Dogs game, and whatever other ones that catch my interest. Sometimes it's nice to watch a game and not worry about who wins, as long as it's entertaining :)

That's when I'll check out game threads, etc, though obviously my opinion may differ to Manly fans on the game.

bones said:
Dan.... I know there is a block feature on this site so that we can block any posters who's posts we don't want to read. But is there any way a reverse block feature can be added. So that we can block posters from reading our posts? If we all did that to the trolls it would be pointless in them coming on here.
The other way is simply making people log in, in order to view comments. In other words lock all Guest viewing permissions and only allow members to read and post.

That would stop the trolls.

...but it will it stop you from coming here?

Foran is class so is matai so is balin so is trex but i dunno why idiots on this forum keep bringing up this Lussic . I would be so happy is he left . lussic must have a nic on this forum drumming his own name up.

The dum arse eels are prepared to 300K for Lussick really!!!!!!!!! hahahahahahaha breath hahahahahahaha Manly enforcer hahahahahahaha, opps sh#t just fell of my chair hahahahaha, he can then go and play NSW cup with Sandow = 850k for 2 cup players hahahaha

Swap Poore (who's only 27) with Lussick, release one or both of Kite and/or King to the UK, re-sign Tony Williams, release Galuvao (retirement). If Stewart is keen on staying, awesome news, but that means two, or three of Taufua (Keep him as cheap back-up, or play him in the back-row), Whare, Oldfield and/or Farrar is to go. As far as I'm concerned, K Foran is holding the club at randsom. We do not need that. He can go, and Liam can be signed on the very cheap.

Then go:-

01. Brett Stewart
02. Dean Whare
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams
06. Liam Foran
07. Daily Cherry-Evans
08. Justin Poore
09. Matt Ballin
10. Tony Williams (80 min player)
11. Anthony Watmough (80 min player)
12. Jamie Buhrer (80 min player)
13. Glenn Stewart (80 min player)

14. Liam Higgins
15. Someone 1
16. Someone 2
17. Jorge Taufua

If that team can't fit into a salary cap, there is something heavily wrong.

if he going to announce something next week then surely he is staying he would not have the hide to do it ...............or would he.

Ryan said:
Swap Poore (who's only 27) with Lussick, release one or both of Kite and/or King to the UK, re-sign Tony Williams, release Galuvao (retirement). If Stewart is keen on staying, awesome news, but that means two, or three of Taufua (Keep him as cheap back-up, or play him in the back-row), Whare, Oldfield and/or Farrar is to go. As far as I'm concerned, K Foran is holding the club at randsom. We do not need that. He can go, and Liam can be signed on the very cheap.

Then go:-

01. Brett Stewart
02. Dean Whare
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams
06. Liam Foran
07. Daily Cherry-Evans
08. Justin Poore
09. Matt Ballin
10. Tony Williams (80 min player)
11. Anthony Watmough (80 min player)
12. Jamie Buhrer (80 min player)
13. Glenn Stewart (80 min player)

14. Liam Higgins
15. Someone 1
16. Someone 2
17. Jorge Taufua

If that team can't fit into a salary cap, there is something heavily wrong.

Good looking team that one Ryan but I think "someone 1" is a bit injury prone! and "someone 2" has been in a bit of off field drama lately.

If we can't keep Keiran, I'd be happy for the club to make a play for Aiden Sezer. I thought he was great against us last weekend and to make it even better he used to be a Bankstown boy....surely that would get up the bulldogs noses.

From Steve Mascord

http://stevemascord.com/2012/04/19/rlw-media-release-issue-12-2012/

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12