The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
RE: Foran close to agreeing on a new Manly deal

Phantar said:
Lussick is not living up to the 'next big thing' reputation that was being cultivated towards the end of last year Frank. He hasn't exactly shaped up this year. He's still just a kid.

Agree 100%.

Jatz Crackers said:
Frank said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
For example?

Are you serious? Take a look at the starting props for most other clubs.

Yes he is serious. We dont need to take a look at other clubs, since we have such a good view of our own. Who are these other props we can buy that beat our current crop ?

There are much better props at other clubs than the current crop we have. It has been our backrow over the last few years that has lead the way. I believe it was, and probably still is, the best in the NRL. Losing Rodney, however, was a real blow.

I could easily name a couple of props but what's the point? We have a salary cap crisis at the moment that means we are stuck with what we have and we may not even be able to keep Lussick. Regardless of his current form we will be even weaker still should we not manage to retain him. This goes to my original argument that I believe when the dust settles our front row will most likely be the weakest part of our squad.

The props we have now have done the job in the past and will continue to do it. If we upgrade to better props then that means downgrading somewhere else in the team, as we do have a salary cap to abide by.

Kite,King,Rose,Galuvao are tough and battle hardened. It takes time for them to get match hardened and they will do the job when we need it most.

T-Rex can turn a match with individual brilliance. You can not replace T-Rex. You can not repace D.C.Evans & K.Foran. Lussick is can be replaced easy.

Manly can will more Premierships with in the next 4 years with D.C.Evans, K.Foran, T-Rex, A,Watmough & the Stewart brothers.

Firstly I don't make statements about player retention or otherwise unless I am pretty sure of my facts, so here goes nothing.

I have it from a usually reliable source that the Foran deal is far from a done deal and that "optimistic" information about negotiations has been leaked to the media from a certain Board member. Tooves has apparently had very strong words with the person involved, even threatening to quit if the leaking continued as it was hindering negotiations.

If true, it is somewhat concerning.

Isn't that a we idler quote?

I just wish something would get announced.. No better timing than a good win atchome, another home game this weekend, and the bulldogs clash on the horizon..

It is taking an alarming amount of time for players to sign given they have said they want to stay and knowing negotiations started months ago!

How does a leaked media statement that he is close to signing hinder negotiations? Has Foran said he will leave if board members are enthusiastic about him re-signing? Toovey threatening to quit if negotiations with Foran fall through due to leaked media statements is alarming to me. This whole situation seems bizarre to me. I hope you've been fed a pork pie Ralphie.

mozgrame said:
How does a leaked media statement that he is close to signing hinder negotiations? Has Foran said he will leave if board members are enthusiastic about him re-signing? Toovey threatening to quit if negotiations with Foran fall through due to leaked media statements is alarming to me. This whole situation seems bizarre to me. I hope you've been fed a pork pie Ralphie.

Don't misquote me. I said Tooves had threatened to quit if the leaks at Board level continued.......period.

I too hope I have been fed a Porky, but they have been pretty good on their info in the past.

Sorry Ralphie, i read it as the leak that caused Toovey to issue the threat was directly related to the Foran saga, and that alone.

Sick of all the contract garbage. Last night showed there may be life after these players. Funnily, all players injured (apart from Glenn) are currently negotiating.

If Foran is procastinating, or demanding new halves coaches etc, say see you later, and sign his brother up long term, and rely on DCE.

Same with T-Rex and The Eels. Good luck going there.

Brett Stewart I'm torn on. When he's there, he adds another kog completely to us, but over the past 3-4 years, how often has been there, and he's asking for $600k per season?

Wow.

Ryan said:
Brett Stewart I'm torn on. When he's there, he adds another kog completely to us, but over the past 3-4 years, how often has been there, and he's asking for $600k per season?

He has been there enough to win two premierships in those 4 years. He is worth whatever we can afford to pay him.

I'm Sure I heard Tooves say on MMM that Brett had a Knee Injury

Tooves did mention something about his knee as well

Ralphie said:
Firstly I don't make statements about player retention or otherwise unless I am pretty sure of my facts, so here goes nothing.

I have it from a usually reliable source that the Foran deal is far from a done deal and that "optimistic" information about negotiations has been leaked to the media from a certain Board member. Tooves has apparently had very strong words with the person involved, even threatening to quit if the leaking continued as it was hindering negotiations.

Your mate has quoted rothfield from the Sunday paper.

Ralphie said:

Zorba usually gets blamed for any leaks. Is he on any board these days? If not then there must be another leaker.

Zorba's on the FC board isn't he......elected unopposed last year.

Ryan said:
Sick of all the contract garbage. Last night showed there may be life after these players. Funnily, all players injured (apart from Glenn) are currently negotiating.

If Foran is procastinating, or demanding new halves coaches etc, say see you later, and sign his brother up long term, and rely on DCE.

Same with T-Rex and The Eels. Good luck going there.

Wow.

cog

+ another r in procastinating

It's a fair point Ryan

Since 2008

2008 24 (17-0-7)
2009 5 (4-0-1)
2010 1 (0-0-1)
2011 20 (17-0-3)
2012 5 (2-0-3)

When he has played 20+ games we have won the comp - but how much do you pay for that?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4