The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
RE: Foran close to agreeing on a new Manly deal

Praise be the power of the third-party payments, I assume.

Sumdumguy said:
Tooves did mention something about his knee as well

Yeah only to give him a rest to manage the knee injury he had from 2010. He has not re injured it!!!

bones said:
This (Foran signing) is taking the longest time ever to happen, for something that was supposed to be close to happening ages ago. The longer it takes the less confident I am that he will stay.

Ok im going to say something outrageous here, i think we are better off keeping Trex and Snake then Foran, DCE seems to play better when Foran is not there anyway. There i said it. Don't get me wrong i hope we keep Foran but if for some reason we don't i think we will be alright as DCE thrives with the extra responsibility imo.

Don't agree that he's less likely to stay. It is just that, as someone widely predicted to be one of the game's biggest stars for the next 4 years, he naturally wants to get as much out of his deal as possible. I have no inside info (unlike rambofan) but personally I'd be surprised if he goes elsewhere.

If we are trying to get third party agreements or something like that to keep him and others i would expect that this will take time. Don't worry, whatever happens, happens.

look it seems to be taking a while, i hope it is for 3rd party deals to get approved by nrl. If that is not the case and he swaying between eagles and bullscum them club needs to set a contract deadline. Given the money saints and parra have on the open market then we need a decision soon so we can offer the money which was put aside for foz to trex and matai of foz does leave.

Then again in a bigger conspiracy, Foz could be working with Des to further destablise the club by keeping them guessing and in that time losing TRex and Snake. He then declares he will sign with the dogs and we are left with money but no one decent to sign as we have not moved quick enough. LOL

Bump.....any news on this front? Have we lost the pen that DCE used?

Ralphie said:
Firstly I don't make statements about player retention or otherwise unless I am pretty sure of my facts, so here goes nothing.

I have it from a usually reliable source that the Foran deal is far from a done deal and that "optimistic" information about negotiations has been leaked to the media from a certain Board member. Tooves has apparently had very strong words with the person involved, even threatening to quit if the leaking continued as it was hindering negotiations.

If true, it is somewhat concerning.

Above, I told you this was far from a done deal.

You may be spot on the money Ralphie.

dowdz said:
Bump.....any news on this front? Have we lost the pen that DCE used?

FORAN'S DILEMMA

IT was supposed to be a done deal at Manly but the whispers out of Brookvale suggest the retention of Kieran Foran is proving a little difficult.

Manly officials privately fear the Bulldogs may swoop and steal their star player.

Foran lives on the northern beaches and is happy at Manly. But he also enjoyed playing under coach Des Hasler.

Big Tony Williams is another off-contract player who is likely to reveal his future within the next month. Don't be surprised if he too ends up at Belmore.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/eagles-unlikely-to-see-the-funny-side-of-bulldogs-joke/story-e6frexnr-1226330708335

Thanks WAMF. Would hate to lose both of them. Whats the little difficult part? Money?

dowdz said:
Thanks WAMF. Would hate to lose both of them. Whats the little difficult part? Money?

and Politics

Front room politics hey. I hate politics.

Players can't hold a Club to ransom!
The continued haggling is detrimental to the Team.
No one is irreplaceable.

Foran,Strewart and T-rex have had nothing to do but finalize their Contracts since being sidelined weeks ago.:dodgy:

Manly need to give them a deadline like the Storm did with Cronk.

Retention Committee - Be Manly!

Ralphie said:
Ralphie said:
Firstly I don't make statements about player retention or otherwise unless I am pretty sure of my facts, so here goes nothing.

I have it from a usually reliable source that the Foran deal is far from a done deal and that "optimistic" information about negotiations has been leaked to the media from a certain Board member. Tooves has apparently had very strong words with the person involved, even threatening to quit if the leaking continued as it was hindering negotiations.

I have said this before that the above did not happen but a media beat up by zorba and telecrap journos.

Des is in forans ear every day telling him not to sign. This is helped along by mimas who is des and forans manager. (company is called S F X )
Foran was telling everyone 2 weeks ago that he wanted to stay but didn't tell des. Des was like a mentor to foran and he is having trouble saying no to him.

Remember crusher told everyone that he was staying all but Des and when he did des just worked on him until he left.
This is what is happening here.
Mimas is helping Des and plants stories though Zorba and the tele to unsettle foran and then blame manly.

This is how they operated before and they are doing it again

There is no one to blame here but DESMOND

Dean Ritchie Today

IT was supposed to be a done deal at Manly but the whispers out of Brookvale suggest the retention of Kieran Foran is proving a little difficult.

Manly officials privately fear the Bulldogs may swoop and steal their star player.

Foran lives on the northern beaches and is happy at Manly. But he also enjoyed playing under coach Des Hasler.

Big Tony Williams is another off-contract player who is likely to reveal his future within the next month. Don't be surprised if he too ends up at Belmore.

lovefooty said:
Ralphie said:
Ralphie said:

I have said this before that the above did not happen but a media beat up by zorba and telecrap journos.

Des is in forans ear every day telling him not to sign. This is helped along by mimas who is des and forans manager. (company is called S F X )
Foran was telling everyone 2 weeks ago that he wanted to stay but didn't tell des. Des was like a mentor to foran and he is having trouble saying no to him.

Remember crusher told everyone that he was staying all but Des and when he did des just worked on him until he left.
This is what is happening here.
Mimas is helping Des and plants stories though Zorba and the tele to unsettle foran and then blame manly.

This is how they operated before and they are doing it again

There is no one to blame here but DESMOND

If what your saying is true (and i have no reason to doubt you) then that's pretty much the last straw regarding Des and integrity....people come on here and defend him but truthfully I'm over the bloke, a man is only as good as his word...ironic that he went to the dogs!

lovefooty said:

Not true. Crusher always maintained that he and Des were a team.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4