The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kieran Foran
Foran looked better on paper than Times New Roman. Here was a young, good looking, prodigiously talented leader who made headlines on the field and avoided them off it. The contract negotiations with Parramatta consisted of the Eels yelling at Foran to shut up and take their money. And take it he did, signing a four-year, $4.6 million dollar mega deal which made him one of the highest earners in the sport.

For that kind of scratch, the Eels were expecting a massive uplift in the quality of their on-field product and most importantly, improved results. So have Parramatta got value for money? The short answer is no.

Focusing purely on Foran’s on-field performance, his debut season for the Eels has been an injury-riddled mess.

At best, he could be described as a poor man’s Tim Smith. In a little under nine games, Foran accounted for a total of 5 try assists, 2 line breaks and a single try. In other words, an off-night for Johnathan Thurston.

While Foran did provide a little gumption to a Parramatta defence which has historically had the backbone of an earthworm, he certainly didn’t deliver the kind of impact the Eels were hoping for, particularly at $133k per game.

There’s no doubt that the magnitude and frequency of Foran’s off-field distractions have hampered his performance on the paddock. The Eels have stood by their marquee signing throughout the turmoil, but even the peanuts in the Parramatta boardroom have their limits. By stripping Foran of the captaincy, the club has flagged their expectations going forward.

Because rugby league ability aside, a major reason the Eels invested so heavily in Foran was his marketability. Parramatta is desperate to compete for corporate dollars with TPA magnets like the Roosters and Broncos.

Having a cleanskin poster boy like Foran as the face of the franchise was seen as a major step towards evening up the playing field. But in light of recent events, no company in their right mind would bet their brand on a player carrying more baggage than a hotel porter.

As reports continue to emerge around Foran’s predilection for the punt, misuse of prescription medication and links to underworld characters, questions must be raised as to whether the Eels did their due diligence before signing the Kiwi superstar. If nothing else, Foran will serve as a warning for other clubs to make sure they have all the facts before handing out blank cheques.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2016/07/04/million-dollar-maybe-big-money-deals-made-no-cents/

As much as I think that article is funny (LOL @ Eels, etc), Foran is not the kind of the player that will rack up incredible statistics in the round games, it's more his experience in big semi-finals that would have shown him to be worth 1.2 mil a season. Fortunately, the Eels won't get a chance to play finals footy this year anyway!

Sorry, but anyone who would seriously entertain getting this trainwreck back at Manly, has to be on the same gear as the man himself.

I am seriously contemplating my support of this club as is, with fat turd and co giving me the feeling of disengaging until they exit. But getting Foran back would seal the deal for mine.
And here lies the problem within.

Do you support Manly thru and thru? Or only when you like it?

Yes there have been issues with Foran. Yes you could say the guys a Knob. Yes he checked out early and has now disintegrated. Yes most on here find it funny that his life is falling apart.
Do you honestly think all the issues the guy is now having started only this year at Parra? The kid and I will call him that because at 24 most men are still kids these days has some major issues that started well before his big move.
If he can clean himself up and beat the demon's within then in my opinion he could still be a world beater.
That's the Foran I would like to have back in the manly colours. The one that puts it all on the line as he once did.

As for checking out go right ahead. Those of us who stick around in the bad times will still be here when you check back in.

Don't get me wrong I will be b i t c h i n g like a trooper over the bad times but my support for the club will not waiver.

And here lies the problem within.

Do you support Manly thru and thru? Or only when you like it?

Yes there have been issues with Foran. Yes you could say the guys a Knob. Yes he checked out early and has now disintegrated. Yes most on here find it funny that his life is falling apart.
Do you honestly think all the issues the guy is now having started only this year at Parra? The kid and I will call him that because at 24 most men are still kids these days has some major issues that started well before his big move.
If he can clean himself up and beat the demon's within then in my opinion he could still be a world beater.
That's the Foran I would like to have back in the manly colours. The one that puts it all on the line as he once did.

As for checking out go right ahead. Those of us who stick around in the bad times will still be here when you check back in.

Don't get me wrong I will be b i t c h i n g like a trooper over the bad times but my support for the club will not waiver.

Mate I do support the club.

That is why I do not want him back.

He bent the club over royally. That is why I do not want the prick back.

Last edited:
Wow - the Dalai is an absolute piece of ****. He loved Foran until he struggled and then he orchestrates punting him so they can get Hayne back. What a ****ing disgraceful club from top to bottom. I really hope Hayne blows his knee out week one. They deserve it.

I really hope Kieran takes whatever time he needs to get right before (or even IF) he returns. At the end of the day regardless of how I feel he handled his exit from this club it is still just a game and as someone who has had family suffer from mental illness it sucks to see him being crushed under the weight of media rumour and speculation on top of whatever personal issues he is dealing with. Honestly i'd love for him to come back to Manly, but i'd settle for seeing him happy, healthy and playing rugby league again.

Wow - the Dalai is an absolute piece of ****. He loved Foran until he struggled and then he orchestrates punting him so they can get Hayne back. What a ****ing disgraceful club from top to bottom. I really hope Hayne blows his knee out week one. They deserve it.
And choc. He loved him too, and they fell for him initially because he wrestled them at training.........
Go figure...
All too weird for me !!

Parra are reprehensible they seriously should be kicked out of the NRL. The scamming, lies, cover ups, dodgy TPA's the whole board is crooked and footy players get chewed up and spat out.

I'll bet no-one one the One eyed eels gives a sh1t about this I'll bet they are all just talking about getting Haynsey back the scum.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8