The Life Of Brian (Kelly)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

yokahontas

Bencher
Perhaps if Parker does play and make no handling errors or D lapses, do you really think teams will continue to go down that side as much as they do now?

Me thinks not.

Methinks you're wrong - the established defensive combination is still going to be Walker and Uate, it makes zero difference who you bring in. As many other posters have pointed out, centre is just about the toughest defensive position; it also requires an understanding and level of trust with your winger. One of our edge combos is an established pairing, one is not. That edge will still be the weak link.

And, for all the circle jerking over Brad Parker, there is no clear evidence that he will do any better than Kelly, and Kelly has not done anything to warrant being dropped in favour of a fellow rookie. It's a gamble, and when you have a team that's winning, and performing above expectations, taking gambles is thoroughly unnecessary.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
The great Arkos philosophy
Becoming a better team means getting better players .
What made Arko great was that he was always looking for better players to strengthen our teams and turn them into premiership winning teams

Arko would have been in the sheds after the game telling Kelly he had never seen any Manly player ever play better.

brad

First Grader
I like kelly and think he will grow as a player as it comes with maturity. The saving grace for him is that we are winning , lose these tight games and he may be hooked . Id think trent will stick with him based on its not costing us games and he will get better in time . It could end up being a masterstroke.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Personally a fan of Kelly.
Looks very indecisive as the season grows and making some vital errors not wanted come finals time.
Very good rookie season, but feel has dropped form a fair way since the early rounds.
Needs to improve for the business end of season or risk losing his spot in the side.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I think we play the dragons next week ?
In round six Euan Aitkin totally humiliated Kelly

manly al

First Grader
Kelly has some good football instincts and anticipation but at this stage does not have genuine speed and any comparisons to players like Gartner or O "Conner are a little misplaced. His recent performances have not been poor but really not at a level that the team will require at the business end of the season to compete with the other front runners . This is where there just can not be any weak links and certainly if avoidable .Admittedly there are limited alternatives and with Parker as naturally the best suggestion. But he will require some actual game time and i suppose preferably in Blacktown to just gauge his present playing ability and form . So for the immediate future it would seem best to persevere with Kelly but again he really needs to lift his present standard to ensure the best prospects for the team against some of the front runners and especially final"s time .

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Bozo we got ambushed that day , id like to think that won't happen again. They were on fire and have been scratchy ever since .
Kelly has also been scratchy ever since as well
IMO he is lucky to hold his spot
Parker deserves a go . I would like to utilise his superior size and speed .

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Kelly has some good football instincts and anticipation but at this stage does not have genuine speed and any comparisons to players like Gartner or O "Conner are a little misplaced. His recent performances have not been poor but really not at a level that the team will require at the business end of the season to compete with the other front runners . This is where there just can not be any weak links and certainly if avoidable .Admittedly there are limited alternatives and with Parker as naturally the best suggestion. But he will require some actual game time and i suppose preferably in Blacktown to just gauge his present playing ability and form . So for the immediate future it would seem best to persevere with Kelly but again he really needs to lift his present standard to ensure the best prospects for the team against some of the front runners and especially final"s time .
Great post . Very well said .
I also agree that Kelly needs to lift big time to able to compete in the big time finals

brad

First Grader
Kelly has also been scratchy ever since as well
IMO he is lucky to hold his spot
Parker deserves a go . I would like to utilise his superior size and speed .
I understand what ur saying mate but i just dont think they will jump just yet . Bring in parker and its like back to square one.

Fluffy

Journey Man
I don't know why I bother, because it will go straight over your head anyway (or you'll deliberately *misunderstand*, I'm not sure which) - but here goes:

That side will be the 'weaker' side No. Matter. Who. You. Play. There.
More so than ever since we lost Jorge for the season.

You could swap Brian Kelly out for anyone in the top 25 and they would Still. Be. The. Targeted. Side.

Geesh.

what if you moved Walker and Uate to that side?

It would confuse the fark out of the opposition coaches for a few weeks at least

bringbackbeaver

Reserve Grader
There's of course talk of " Jimmy the Jet" for 2018.

Can score a try but if we think Brian's bad in defence!
I've previouy put stats up that show BK has inferior defence to Jimmy the Jet (less overall tackles but more missed tackles). Maybe lets see if BK can kick goals, then he will have my vote to stay in the side!

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I understand what ur saying mate but i just dont think they will jump just yet . Bring in parker and its like back to square one.
We will agree to disagree and let our players do the talking on the field feathered friend :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
12 6 6 77 14
12 6 6 -39 14