The Life Of Brian (Kelly)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Just watching the replay...

Kelly forces a knock on and gets us possession at the 50min mark.
Then forces a knock on against Brooks at the 53 min mark.
Then gets a try assist to Wright at the 55min mark.

3 plays in 5 mins to firstly get possession, then put points on the board.

But I guess the wanker from Brissie can run really fast, so lets sign him up quick smart. Lmao.
Well Barrett wants him and so does Bennett so it can't be that funny an idea?

I understand the support for Kelly but I don't know how anyone could think Roberts wouldn't be a great addition to the side...

Bennett ....double lol.
He has missed more stars than he has nurtured.

When Bellamy wants Jimmy, then we can talk.
If you have a moment, give me an honest appraisal of Roberts...talk about his footballing prowess. I don't care about his off field behaviour because (a) lots of players are rat bags and (b) i'm no church boy.

If you have a moment, give me an honest appraisal of Roberts...talk about his footballing prowess. I don't care about his off field behaviour because (a) lots of players are rat bags and (b) i'm no church boy.

Sure.

He is extraordinarily fast. Thats a massive plus. On the flip side, Manly are not lacking in speed (as an overall).

He has fairly good hands, and can defend. On the flip side, we have cheaper players that have fairly good hands and can defend ( especially as a team).

On the negative side, Roberts seems to be a very selfish player. He plays for Roberts, not the Broncos. He is a less media loved version of Hayne. On the flip side, Manly seem to be a team, full of team players. There does not appear to be any selfish types, with the exception of Walker, on occassion.
Roberts does not fit in this team , imo.

Lastly, he plays the same side as Walker...who moves if we sign him ?

None of this takes into account the off field bond the players keep talking about. I dindont t want anyone potentially stuffing that up.

I would rather keep Kelly long term and spend money on depth in the forwards.
OK, but...

Middles; AFB, Perrett, Lussick, Taupau, Lawrence (possibly going),

Back row; Sironen, Lane, Winterstein, Brown

So if you buy a decent starting foward, who misses out in the top line up? If you want to buy depth, you still have money to buy Roberts...

I guess what I mean is, are you talking about just buying back up players or do you want a serious forward like a Klemmer or Graham?

Sure.

He is extraordinarily fast. Thats a massive plus. On the flip side, Manly are not lacking in speed (as an overall).

He has fairly good hands, and can defend. On the flip side, we have cheaper players that have fairly good hands and can defend ( especially as a team).

On the negative side, Roberts seems to be a very selfish player. He plays for Roberts, not the Broncos. He is a less media loved version of Hayne. On the flip side, Manly seem to be a team, full of team players. There does not appear to be any selfish types, with the exception of Walker, on occassion.
Roberts does not fit in this team , imo.

Lastly, he plays the same side as Walker...who moves if we sign him ?

None of this takes into account the off field bond the players keep talking about. I dindont t want anyone potentially stuffing that up.
great post mate. I am a Roberts fan but I can't argue with what you've put forward here.

The issue I have with people calling for Parker is how many games will you give him before you turn on him?
However long he plays good football. I don't think anyone has been unfairly targeting Kelly...he has bought the criticism on himself by consistently making errors over a prolonged period of time.

I'm happy to persist with him but I don't know why people are so protective of him...the facts are he is making errors, people are calling him out for them...that's life...yes he is only a rookie and you do have to make concessions for that, but why is it so wrong to point out his mistakes and discuss alternatives? I don't think that's unreasonable or unfair.

However long he plays good football. I don't think anyone has been unfairly targeting Kelly...he has bought the criticism on himself by consistently making errors over a prolonged period of time.

I'm happy to persist with him but I don't know why people are so protective of him...the facts are he is making errors, people are calling him out for them...that's life...yes he is only a rookie and you do have to make concessions for that, but why is it so wrong to point out his mistakes and discuss alternatives? I don't think that's unreasonable or unfair.

My issue is we are talking about replacing one rookie with another - these things take time...as others have posted before the first couple of seasons for Steve M were a ride. Not every player starts out like snake or Jamie L

My issue is we are talking about replacing one rookie with another - these things take time...as others have posted before the first couple of seasons for Steve M were a ride. Not every player starts out like snake or Jamie L

And if they do , you have to pay top $ for them.
And you cannot pay top $ by 17 men.
Simple as that.

Agree that now isn't the time to experiment.

Also wouldn't be surprised if there's a few weeks coming up of the whole team looking a bit flat and tired (and the rookies probably a bit worse affected) - fairly standard for teams looking at a finals tilt to step the training up post-Origin, to try and get the conditioning back up a bit. Then they'll taper off the conditioning side and start to look nice and fresh and sharp again, the last few weeks leading into the finals.

The younger guys, not having as much experience of the ramp up/taper/ramp up/taper cycle, may feel and show the 'overtraining' effect a bit more during the heavier workload parts.

If we're going to give the premiership a genuine shake this year (and, like others, I do think we may be a year or two off), we need to probably have our last loss mid-late August, and start the run from there. With as few personnel changes as possible.
Add to that,that it is a long season and it takes time to develop the mental toughness to play at a high level consistently through a long season(not just the physical but it adds to the mental as well).Baz has done a good job with keeping the side up so far but you can see some sides coming at us and it is good that so far the side has come back and finished off games well.Like you I get the feeling that there is a toll being paid at the moment and if we dip it is better that we dip now and regain momentum going into finals.It is good that we are well into the 8 and can afford a loss or 2 to wake the side up,don't think this side has the mental strength to go all the way this year against the top finals toughened sides but happy to be proven wrong...

When you look at the centre combos for all 16 sides in the comp,there are not many that have 2 high priced centres in their side.The only combo that I truly believe shades ours is the Roosters Mitchell/Manu for overall talent,others match ours but none that I would trade for our 2 plus Parker as backup.Just don't think that you can afford 2 top priced centres without weakening other areas,and I don't believe we have as much wriggle room under the cap as some do,yeah there is room but not to be able to cherrypick numerous players as well as keeping some room to upgrade current guys who will need more cash to stay.I don't want us to be in the same situation we were in when Des left and have veterans on big money and having to let go young talent coming through(you can't keep em all but you don't have to let em all go.

The other Issue is when do we give Parker an opportunity as he also is a promising young back ?
Do you really think that Kelly has more potential than the bigger stronger and faster Parker ?
I don't think so .

The other Issue is when do we give Parker an opportunity as he also is a promising young back ?
Do you really think that Kelly has more potential than the bigger stronger and faster Parker ?
I don't think so .
I am not sure - my point is whoever they go with these things take time

I am not sure - my point is whoever they go with these things take time
I agree that things take time and Kelly has had 19 rounds and during those 19 rounds he has gone backwards IMO . My point is when is it Parkers time ? I think its time Parker gets an opportunity
Parker had done very well as a rookie last season before injury struck and forced him to miss the opening rounds . Parker as I can recall from his debut season last year seemed stronger faster could challenge better with the high ball as he is taller and another factor was that he didn't have the mistake rate that Kelly has .

NRL . COM
"A poor effort shortly after from Manly centre Brian Kelly, who let a Luke Brooks grubber slip through his fingers, allowed opposite man Esan Marsters to clean up the scraps and earn the visitors a two-point lead heading into the break. "
1468674385788.jpg

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10