The Life Of Brian (Kelly)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

bringbackbeaver

Reserve Grader
He could aso have given away a penalty (3 or 4 tackles deep) marched them up field to score and maybe take the W.. two ways of looking at that.

Smokin Joe

Bencher
I am not convinced by Kelly yet,but do not think now going in to the finals is a good time to experiment.Don't know which of the 2 will end up the better player.All rookies form dips during their rookie season but he is going okay.He has made more tackles than Walker but missed noticeably fewer,Walker outdoes him in most areas like line breaks etc(not much only marginally and one is an international and the other a newby)....but what is interesting is that the left side of Winterstein/Kelly has missed less tackles than the right side of Sironen/Lane/Walker and both sides have been targeted pretty much the same.

yokahontas

Bencher
I am not convinced by Kelly yet,but do not think now going in to the finals is a good time to experiment.Don't know which of the 2 will end up the better player.All rookies form dips during their rookie season but he is going okay.He has made more tackles than Walker but missed noticeably fewer,Walker outdoes him in most areas like line breaks etc(not much only marginally and one is an international and the other a newby)....but what is interesting is that the left side of Winterstein/Kelly has missed less tackles than the right side of Sironen/Lane/Walker and both sides have been targeted pretty much the same.

Agree that now isn't the time to experiment.

Also wouldn't be surprised if there's a few weeks coming up of the whole team looking a bit flat and tired (and the rookies probably a bit worse affected) - fairly standard for teams looking at a finals tilt to step the training up post-Origin, to try and get the conditioning back up a bit. Then they'll taper off the conditioning side and start to look nice and fresh and sharp again, the last few weeks leading into the finals.

The younger guys, not having as much experience of the ramp up/taper/ramp up/taper cycle, may feel and show the 'overtraining' effect a bit more during the heavier workload parts.

If we're going to give the premiership a genuine shake this year (and, like others, I do think we may be a year or two off), we need to probably have our last loss mid-late August, and start the run from there. With as few personnel changes as possible.

He struggles in defence surely our training sraff would be working on that surely.Secondly if you see the ball about to go over your head take a step back you don't need to be experienced to do that.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
I've previouy put stats up that show BK has inferior defence to Jimmy the Jet (less overall tackles but more missed tackles). Maybe lets see if BK can kick goals, then he will have my vote to stay in the side!
He kicked in juniors and some rep teams i think.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Geebus ducking kryst someone is really missing brown being in the side, and not being able to knife that CURRENT Manly player at every opportunity so they have turned to another CURRENT Manly player for the knifing.

Stop feeding the troll people.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Agree that now isn't the time to experiment.

Also wouldn't be surprised if there's a few weeks coming up of the whole team looking a bit flat and tired (and the rookies probably a bit worse affected) - fairly standard for teams looking at a finals tilt to step the training up post-Origin, to try and get the conditioning back up a bit. Then they'll taper off the conditioning side and start to look nice and fresh and sharp again, the last few weeks leading into the finals.

The younger guys, not having as much experience of the ramp up/taper/ramp up/taper cycle, may feel and show the 'overtraining' effect a bit more during the heavier workload parts.

If we're going to give the premiership a genuine shake this year (and, like others, I do think we may be a year or two off), we need to probably have our last loss mid-late August, and start the run from there. With as few personnel changes as possible.

I'm loving your input tonight Yoki, very comprehensive!

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I only read page 1 and 6 of this thread, but it is enough to get the gist of the usual suspects laying the boot into our favourite whipping boy after a somewhat less than stellar team performance.

Top works guys. !!

Snake

Snake's Alive!
He took some tough hit ups which made some good metres- also got a wicked bounce. He will learn
It wasn't a wicked bounce, it was end over end and he failed to attack the ball. If he came onto the ball like a confident FG footballer, he could have grabbed it at waist height, but he stood back, played conservatively and had his pants pulled down.

I don't wanna be overly critical of the guy, but lets called a spade, a spade.

I don't necessarily think he needs to be dropped, strictly because (as others have mentioned), he seems to be relatively solid in defence. However, I really think we would be a much more dangerous prospect and serious premiership threat if we had a guy like James Roberts for next year, causing havoc down one edge. Walker and Roberts would be the best centre pairing in the league. Kelly is adequate, Roberts is dynamite.

Last edited:

Danly Manly

Reserve Grader
I am disappointed but want to give him another couple of games to try and redeem himself. I think he can come good and still be an X factor come finals time.

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Just watching the replay...

Kelly forces a knock on and gets us possession at the 50min mark.
Then forces a knock on against Brooks at the 53 min mark.
Then gets a try assist to Wright at the 55min mark.

3 plays in 5 mins to firstly get possession, then put points on the board.

But I guess the wanker from Brissie can run really fast, so lets sign him up quick smart. Lmao.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
12 9 3 83 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
13 7 6 133 16
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16