The Lurker Again - Matai to the Warriors??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
From what I know Matai to Warriors unlikely.

Matai to Dogs, Bunnies, Roosters, Eels etc more likely.

Matai to remain a Sea Eagle almost certain.

bob dylan said:
From what I know Matai to Warriors unlikely.

Matai to Dogs, Bunnies, Roosters, Eels etc more likely.

Matai to remain a Sea Eagle almost certain.

Well I hope so bob.

And I'd trust your mail far more than the Lurker, every day of the week.

After speaking to a player who recently left the club, he informed me that Matai is the glue that keeps the boys tight. He is the current off field leader, in the same way Beaver was in his last few years at the club. Obviously we don't want to lose him, but I'm not surprised the Warriors would go very hard for him. Whilst they are very well off for outside backs they need a leader.

wow, If someone called 'the lurker' who posts on 'sportal' says it......

Guess we must all take it as gospel.

Seriously, do any of you like enjoying a win or do you have some compulsive need to flap about raising your already dangerously high blood pressures?

Answers on the back of a $100 note and post to ge, c/- canada.

bones said:
HappilyManly said:
There is nothing illegal in recruitment.

Pretty sure that the NRL has also removed their rule ( it was never a law), that prohibited approaches to Players comming off contract.

Its naive to expect a person to not renegotiate his current contract :cool:

If the previously reported offer is correct, Manly would never match it in amount, let alone duration.

If we're talking about once Matai's current deal expires, then you are right. But by saying Manly are refusing to release Matai, the article suggests the Warriors want him for 2015. Matai is under contract to Manly for 2015. They should not be allowed to approach him regarding the 2015 season is all i'm saying.
I agree, a contract should not be negotiated by a foreign club unless it's in the final year of the players current contract.
We had that situation with Maloney negotiating a contract 18 months prior, which makes the situation at the existing club unstable, and what usually happens is that the contracted player will be seeking an early release from his existing contract, just like Hasler did with us.

eagles2win said:
Matai was playing Qld Cup prior to joining us.

I thought he was signed to a q cup side but never played before being invited to come down and train with Manly.

manlyfan76 said:
eagles2win said:

I thought he was signed to a q cup side but never played before being invited to come down and train with Manly.

That's right, he was fresh off the boat from nz, and gilmeister noticed him in a trial for a qld cup side, then he ended up coming to train with manly instead. Manly was rebuilding and he got his chance. He got into 1sts ahead of Ashley alberts.

I can't take anymore of this.

My favourite player is pissed off because my second favourite player signed with Souths, my third favourite player might be going to the Warriors, and my fourth favourite player wants to beat up our best young player.

FFS!

manlyfan76 said:
eagles2win said:

Matai came straight from Mount Olympus with powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men.

manlyfan76 said:
eagles2win said:

Matai had a season at Ipswich before looking to head across to Wynnum Manly (IIRC). It was during that pre-season (2005) that he headed down to Manly for a try-out, then took the opportunity offered to stay and work his way into the top grade. Got there early in 05 once Hoppa was handed his extended holiday.

IQT_05-10-2013_BIG_READ_01_MATA01E_2_fct1025x773_t460.jpg

Hamster Huey said:
manlyfan76 said:
eagles2win said:

Matai had a season at Ipswich before looking to head across to Wynnum Manly (IIRC). It was during that pre-season (2005) that he headed down to Manly for a try-out, then took the opportunity offered to stay and work his way into the top grade. Got there early in 05 once Hoppa was handed his extended holiday.

IQT_05-10-2013_BIG_READ_01_MATA01E_2_fct1025x773_t460.jpg
Dennis Moore was Des,s assistant coach at the time,and I think he spotted him up there in Qld

its a business guys. We cant keep them all.. when they are old and useless the clubs want to release them. In the end.. Matai has to do what he has to do for his family. He has served the club well and will go down as one of my all time favourite players. I hope he doesn't go but I can understand if he has chosen to go.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2