The Manly Way

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
To me watching all these preseason tough slog videos are as boring as watching a car chase scene that is killing time in a mainstream movie. Basically every club does their own version of the same thing which in itself tells you it is probably over-rated and over done by now.

For first time NRL players or youth players i can see the tough initiation having an impact but leave the seasoned players out of it, if the seasoned player is not hardened by now they shouldn't be in the squad or purchased to start with, let the young and inexperienced work through the grind and find their own leaders.

Nice editing at the end of episode 4, zooming in on the player showing the least amount of enthusiasm and not even performing the lunges or jumps(yes i know Brown was probably given a pass to protect the knees) then right after awarding him with the "Manly Mentality" award.(feels like the awards are going to the new/newish recruits to make them feel at home)

"Manly Mentality" "Gold Medal Preparation" "Docs Groups" such soft _ _ _ _ marketing phrases in use it almost feels like the players are being treated like school kids needing "new age" motivation techniques.

The Coaching staff come across too nice for me and a yawn when listening to them speak.

I did like seeing Brooks playing through the middle trying to play sharp, straight and square in a short structured play on offer in one of the clips.

I do get the sense Manly are focusing on being able to play at a higher intensity for longer periods with better forward penetration so we can utilize our speed in more effective ways all over the park not just out wide off lazy structured sweep plays off the back of lethargic go forward.

Remember kids "No Shoes on the mats" nice bit of humour in the editing. (i guess reading all the above you couldn't imagine me laughing at that right----i did a little)
None of the top 17 squad did that slogfest. I was hoping to see Schu melt off a few kegs doing it but alas no.

Next episode dropping 🦅🥳

IMG_6400.jpeg

Thanks @The Wheel and to those responsible for another awesome episode. (Note to self: don't watch before going to bed or I won't sleep!)

They seem to be more 'together' and there's much comradery. Also, they're much more focused than in recent years, and hopefully it lasts the season. Fingers crossed all this pre-season work pays off when it really counts.

Love The Manly Way, great stuff!

i liked chez giving the speech about building the game and earning the right. been sadly missing for years . at best we have given that style 20 minutes and work off a strategy of playing around them where the best teams play it all day and wait for the opposition to implode , but now we have him on tape

then seibs feedback of starting fast and falling away. Thats us

did you catch that @SeaEagleRock8 just in case in comes up this season

i liked chez giving the speech about building the game and earning the right. been sadly missing for years . at best we have given that style 20 minutes and work off a strategy of playing around them where the best teams play it all day and wait for the opposition to implode , but now we have him on tape

One way of looking at it @jbb/james Another way to look at it is that this previous tendency has been noted from last season and again picked up early in the pre-season and is being resolved before Round One of the regular season.

Last edited:

Not sure exactly what you mean but I assume it is some dig at DCE .. in which case it will definitely come up this season @:D@:D@:D@:D

Not sure exactly what you mean but I assume it is some dig at DCE .. in which case it will definitely come up this season @:D@:D

Not sure exactly what you mean but I assume it is some dig at DCE .. in which case it will definitely come up this season @:D@:D@:D@:D
not a dig, just the plan he is telling the team
however it could go either way
He is contracted so i hope he delivers, thats all i can do

not a dig, just the plan he is telling the team
however it could go either way
He is contracted so i hope he delivers, thats all i can do
A common criticism of DCE is that he takes up too much of Manly's salary cap and that is why the team isn't strong enough overall. This year is the start of his new reduced (no-one knows how much reduced) deal and coincides with what appears to be better depth through the whole squad.
So I'm with you ... except that I hope the whole squad delivers, not just DCE.

A common criticism of DCE is that he takes up too much of Manly's salary cap and that is why the team isn't strong enough overall. This year is the start of his new reduced (no-one knows how much reduced) deal and coincides with what appears to be better depth through the whole squad.
So I'm with you ... except that I hope the whole squad delivers, not just DCE.

I herd a while back 800k is around the mark. Also the long service player discount brings it down to 700k. Great value for such an important player.
Consider we have Brooks 600k and DCE 700k against the cap. That’s 1.3m for 2 very experienced halves. Incredible value here.

Episode 6 is not on there. Most recent is Episode 5. I must be doing something wrong!
Hmm that was the link I used to watch it last night... yes it's you doing something wrong @:D@:D

1707447483635.png

Attachments

• 1707447440244.png
    1707447440244.png
    127.3 KB · Views: 17

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12