The Manly Way

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If our team doesn't perform on the field this season it won't be because of training, planning and preparation. The club/Mr Penn has invested heavily in getting our squad mentally and physically strong. It was good to see that the coaches are not just concentrating on fitness; they are honing specific skills. It looked to me that they were covering almost every aspect of a skills set . . with the exception of scrummaging. How long will it be before the NRL wipes scrums from the rule book?

Devastating to see another Tigers reject in Brendan Wakeham in the latest episode. If he plays for Manly, I will deadset look for another team to support.
Wakeham is a fringe NRL player, maybe a similar standard to Dean Matterson (IMO). He has had some good games, e.g. in the Tigers 14-8 win over the Panthers in Rd 9 last year. In that game, Brooks had one try assist & two 40/20s. I doubt Wakeham will play NRL for Manly with the incumbent halves plus Schuster, Arthur & Humphreys probably ahead of him.

Time Shoe did his talking on the field.
Last year he said he felt he could be the best player in the league, and should captain Manly one day and played like a third grader. Less media the better.
I could not agree with a comment any more than this. With his wage there is huge pressure on him to perform this year. He just must. He's been given plenty of chances. It really is time for him to shxt or get off the pot.

Devastating to see another Tigers reject in Brendan Wakeham in the latest episode. If he plays for Manly, I will deadset look for another team to support. I'd say Lambkin dragged him over from the Tigers to play 7 for Blacktown but he was wearing Manly gear and took part in the AIS camp so he might be an option through the year...god I hope not! Wakeham would make Aaron Woods look like Saab.
We'd have to have 5-6 injuries in the halves before Wakeham got a look in.

To me watching all these preseason tough slog videos are as boring as watching a car chase scene that is killing time in a mainstream movie. Basically every club does their own version of the same thing which in itself tells you it is probably over-rated and over done by now.

For first time NRL players or youth players i can see the tough initiation having an impact but leave the seasoned players out of it, if the seasoned player is not hardened by now they shouldn't be in the squad or purchased to start with, let the young and inexperienced work through the grind and find their own leaders.

Nice editing at the end of episode 4, zooming in on the player showing the least amount of enthusiasm and not even performing the lunges or jumps(yes i know Brown was probably given a pass to protect the knees) then right after awarding him with the "Manly Mentality" award.(feels like the awards are going to the new/newish recruits to make them feel at home)

"Manly Mentality" "Gold Medal Preparation" "Docs Groups" such soft _ _ _ _ marketing phrases in use it almost feels like the players are being treated like school kids needing "new age" motivation techniques.

The Coaching staff come across too nice for me and a yawn when listening to them speak.

I did like seeing Brooks playing through the middle trying to play sharp, straight and square in a short structured play on offer in one of the clips.

I do get the sense Manly are focusing on being able to play at a higher intensity for longer periods with better forward penetration so we can utilize our speed in more effective ways all over the park not just out wide off lazy structured sweep plays off the back of lethargic go forward.

Remember kids "No Shoes on the mats" nice bit of humour in the editing. (i guess reading all the above you couldn't imagine me laughing at that right----i did a little)

"Manly Mentality" "Gold Medal Preparation" "Docs Groups" such soft _ _ _ _ marketing phrases in use it almost feels like the players are being treated like school kids needing "new age" motivation techniques.

The Coaching staff come across too nice for me and a yawn when listening to them speak.

The proof will be on the field... as long as what they are doing gets better results then who cares about the means?

Just need to be 1-2 games better guys, and we are finals bound. Once that rocks around, anything can happen.

I actually think Schuster will start off a little apprehensive, but will absolutely be killing it by round 5-6.

He'll return every penny we paid for him, I don't doubt. Go the Shoe !

Just need to be 1-2 games better guys, and we are finals bound. Once that rocks around, anything can happen.

I actually think Schuster will start off a little apprehensive, but will absolutely be killing it by round 5-6.

He'll return every penny we paid for him, I don't doubt. Go the Shoe !
5 or 6 games is to long Ryan, plenty of players knocking on the door for selection. How about rd 1 ..

To me watching all these preseason tough slog videos are as boring as watching a car chase scene that is killing time in a mainstream movie. Basically every club does their own version of the same thing which in itself tells you it is probably over-rated and over done by now.

For first time NRL players or youth players i can see the tough initiation having an impact but leave the seasoned players out of it, if the seasoned player is not hardened by now they shouldn't be in the squad or purchased to start with, let the young and inexperienced work through the grind and find their own leaders.

Nice editing at the end of episode 4, zooming in on the player showing the least amount of enthusiasm and not even performing the lunges or jumps(yes i know Brown was probably given a pass to protect the knees) then right after awarding him with the "Manly Mentality" award.(feels like the awards are going to the new/newish recruits to make them feel at home)

I did like seeing Brooks playing through the middle trying to play sharp, straight and square in a short structured play on offer in one of the clips.

I do get the sense Manly are focusing on being able to play at a higher intensity for longer periods with better forward penetration so we can utilize our speed in more effective ways all over the park not just out wide off lazy structured sweep plays off the back of lethargic go forward.

Remember kids "No Shoes on the mats" nice bit of humour in the editing. (i guess reading all the above you couldn't imagine me laughing at that right----i did a little)
Maybe. But I've read that the team has never been fitter!

I'm enjoying watching these, however it leaves me wondering...
If Manly don't win the comp this year, then who's 'way' should they use in 2025?
;)

I cringe whenever I hear Seibold say "break the cluster". If you listen closely, everytime someone asks him a question, he will always start his answer indirect to the question in a way to re-frame and control narrative so as to justify his performance. He is well versed in PR driven communications, but beneath it all, I fear is a deeply insecure coach.

You're spot on re a new age 'coddle the kiddies' era we find ourselves in. Yuk. Having said that, maybe that's what is needed these days? If the younger generation take to this style of management then great I guess. I personally can't fkn stand how soft and weird the young ones are becoming these days. I always admired guys like Des, Wayne, and Craig for their no-nonsense old-school approach. I guess times they be a changing, ah well. Soon will we be seeing pronouns on player profiles? Lol a controversy for another day perhaps...

I cringe whenever I hear Seibold say "break the cluster". If you listen closely, everytime someone asks him a question, he will always start his answer indirect to the question in a way to re-frame and control narrative so as to justify his performance. He is well versed in PR driven communications, but beneath it all, I fear is a deeply insecure coach.

You're spot on re a new age 'coddle the kiddies' era we find ourselves in. Yuk. Having said that, maybe that's what is needed these days? If the younger generation take to this style of management then great I guess. I personally can't fkn stand how soft and weird the young ones are becoming these days. I always admired guys like Des, Wayne, and Craig for their no-nonsense old-school approach. I guess times they be a changing, ah well. Soon will we be seeing pronouns on player profiles? Lol a controversy for another day perhaps...
Different generations….

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8