The Moylan Rage

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Or .. they are simply rehearsed plays practised by most players from the u/10's or ad-libs by players who read each other and react to what is happening in front of them.

90% of all the player you mentioned (Cliffy) try assists were "wishful" ad-lib. With the structure you mention players like Fulton, Lyons, O'Connor may as well been factory process workers.
Structured play sometimes doesn't look that structured to the naked eye also, with adlib working off the foundations of structure.

Manly should be concentrating on building up more depth in the strength, size, power factors while grooming a young up and coming half.

Roosters,Souths, Cowboys, Cronulla have all had success in playing structured power based games in varying degrees with offloads while not requiring two top class halves.

The advantage of having two top class halves is that you can grind wins and still have some attacking creativity and potency if one gets injured, but then you potentially lose depth in the forwards.

Foran and DCE struggled behind a very soft weak forward pack and that is two top notch halves---you have to maintain a balance.

I would be looking for a sharp tough young half with ball playing potential and using him at dummy half for short periods in his grooming season to keep Api fresh then in year three taking over from Green.(2019)

This way you gain 2-3 years at low to medium salary cap impact in the same way DCE came through the ranks but got annoyed with his pay scale during 2012 onwards.

Moylan to Manly
Wright is a gun - where to play?
Watching today with his natural size as a big bloke could easy play at lock as a running / ballplaying backrower with lightning feet ....just a thought if he could handle the defence??

Manly should be concentrating on building up more depth in the strength, size, power factors while grooming a young up and coming half.

Roosters,Souths, Cowboys, Cronulla have all had success in playing structured power based games in varying degrees with offloads while not requiring two top class halves.

The advantage of having two top class halves is that you can grind wins and still have some attacking creativity and potency if one gets injured, but then you potentially lose depth in the forwards.

Foran and DCE struggled behind a very soft weak forward pack and that is two top notch halves---you have to maintain a balance.

I would be looking for a sharp tough young half with ball playing potential and using him at dummy half for short periods in his grooming season to keep Api fresh then in year three taking over from Green.(2019)

This way you gain 2-3 years at low to medium salary cap impact in the same way DCE came through the ranks but got annoyed with his pay scale during 2012 onwards.
It's all about power and speed in and around that ruck....the game today is past the big powerhouse - more the faster aggressive boys to bend the line and play it quick - the rest is in the hands of the halves after the platform is done.

It's all about power and speed in and around that ruck....the game today is past the big powerhouse - more the faster aggressive boys to bend the line and play it quick - the rest is in the hands of the halves after the platform is done.
I am referring to power size and speed all over the park including behind the ruck, but don't get stuck with blinkers thinking this is the only area.

One of Manly's biggest problems this year was at times being one dimensional and attacking this area way too often to the point of being predictable.

Teams that control the tackle and slow the play the ball can easily cope with this style of play----like Melb did with us.

You want expansive skilled lateral movement with power to maintain punch,straightness and reducing the well drilled, rehearsed, tackle engagement of chiming in and dancing with the tackled player.

Big without power and speed is a waste-----i am never referring to Big without the other elements.

The only adlib was playing late at the line against exhausted broken poor defensive structures from a semi professional era and reacting to what was in front of him----but simple running lines and structures were on display even back then.

Blockers in use, line running from Tezza and others (obviously Menzies) with Toovey holding up the middle to keep the slide honest. Even deep structured scrum plays that would not work in this day and age were a feature with many teams.

Lyons always struggled with the early semi professional forms of up and in defense especially against the Bulldogs when they were in form.

My point is that back then we had patterns and plays, but to suggest they were attacking structures is a bow far too long. Not until the introduction of left/right centre and left/right 2nd rowers did we start to see anything like what we call today attack/defence structures, and it took at least a decade to become standard.

You mention blokers/slide/line running etc as if they were inventions or somehow revolutionary .... they were always apart of any skilful backs playbook ... u/10 halfs are taught to do these things , just without all the fancy sounding labels.

The only adlib was playing late at the line against exhausted broken poor defensive structures from a semi professional era and reacting to what was in front of him----but simple running lines and structures were on display even back then.

Blockers in use, line running from Tezza and others (obviously Menzies) with Toovey holding up the middle to keep the slide honest. Even deep structured scrum plays that would not work in this day and age were a feature with many teams.

Lyons always struggled with the early semi professional forms of up and in defense especially against the Bulldogs when they were in form.

Terry Hills was a great blocker especially for Craig Innes. Some of his blocks were so obvious (and perhaps not entirely legal) that I wondered how he got away with it so often with the refs. They were a great combination

Terry Hills was a great blocker especially for Craig Innes. Some of his blocks were so obvious (and perhaps not entirely legal) that I wondered how he got away with it so often with the refs. They were a great combination
One of our most lethal and in terms of history, underrated centre pairings.

01. Tom Wright
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Tom Trbojevic
04. Dylan Walker
05. Akuila Uate
06. Matt Moylan
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

Jesus-H, that looks nasty. Which side of the field would be more ruthless?

01. Tom Wright
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Tom Trbojevic
04. Dylan Walker
05. Akuila Uate
06. Matt Moylan
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

Jesus-H, that looks nasty. Which side of the field would be more ruthless?
Tom T can't be moved from fullback. Wright will play centre if we have to fit him in next year.

Tom T can't be moved from fullback. Wright will play centre if we have to fit him in next year.

This is a big call young @Turbo1 , but I liken Tommy to Greg Inglis, who absolutely shreds in the centres (but is also an absolutely fantastic fullback). I also think due to the body shape, playing him in the centres may prolong his career, as fullback is extremely taxing (and I believe that is what The Bunnies are planning on doing with GI next season - i.e. in the centres).

It's not a sleight on Tommy mate - it's a compliment to his ability and importance for the team.

Completely agree with the fact that you can't move Tom from FB. Firstly you cannot pay a centre close to $1m a year and secondly he would not see anywhere near enough of the football. One of his real strengths is his support play through the middle of the ruck, any move to centre eliminates that.

Completely agree with the fact that you can't move Tom from FB. Firstly you cannot pay a centre close to $1m a year and secondly he would not see anywhere near enough of the football. One of his real strengths is his support play through the middle of the ruck, any move to centre eliminates that.

The Bunnies will be.

If I'm not mistaken TT will be on $900k next year or in 2019. It doesn't seem wise to spend that much and then play him at centre.

I'd rather see him improve his defense and stay at fullback. Promote T. Wright to reserves, if he handles it he should get a few NRL games next year.

Anyway what deal with Moylan happening not ?...not hearing much more mail
I think its still happening for certain, Panthers see May as 6 and Edwards at 1. Moylan wont be staying at Panthers beyond this season unless they want to play 800k worth of star player in reserves.

The Bunnies will be.

I think it's a bad move from them if they go down that path, mate. I don't know of any other centre in the game that would be taking up near that amount of cash.

They may move GI because of injury and age, but there is no way back in his prime I would have moved him to centre.

Pearce, Keary, Maloney
I think its still happening for certain, Panthers see May as 6 and Edwards at 1. Moylan wont be staying at Panthers beyond this season unless they want to play 800k worth of star player in reserves.
It's not a case of playing him in reserves. The Panthers still understand that he is an outstanding footballer who is a long way ahead of Tyrone May at this stage, but...

He is not happy and 800K is a lot of money to spend on a player who is unhappy...not to mention Nathan Cleary is going command 1 mil on the open market and given the Panthers cap is stacked to the hilt with a number of high paid players, something has to give. When you consider that Edwards looks the good at the back and May is solid and will get better, it makes sense to ease cap pressure by moving Moylan along.

When you sign/re-sign Mansour, DWZ, Whare, Blake, Peachey, Merrin, Fischer-Harris, Cartwright, Campbell-Gillard, Wallace, Yeo, CHN, and you have a guy like Rein sitting in reserve grade and you still have to find a million bucks to keep Nathan Cleary, it's easy to see why the Panthers are letting Moylan walk when he is unhappy.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11