The Moylan Rage

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Not coming, staying put at the Riff
Damn, hope we can pull it off nevertheless. They do have cap pressure and I feel that if Moylan isn't happy with the coach than he wouldn't stay. If they kept him it could lead to worse things at Penrith, if they release him we get him. win win kinda?? Nah I'd rather we just get him

If I worked at a club and needed to keep a secret I guess talking about it to ralphie of Silvertails wouldn't be the best move ;0)
True. Good thinking.

Moylans is still a chance!

Elgey, Taylor & Martin all snubbed Manly, hopefully we snare Moylan. People make jokes about Carney, but he smokes Green all day everyday. I want a threat out of 5/8, someone who challenges the defence with more than just a kicking game. Gutho would be a dream signing...anybody but Green.

We've moved on from Moylan. Haven't you read the posts about Tom Wright who we've been cultivating for the past two years?
We have good talent in the Under 20s. Too young, you say, for NRL?
Tell that to Nathan Cleary!

We've moved on from Moylan. Haven't you read the posts about Tom Wright who we've been cultivating for the past two years?
Your posts have always influenced me to think outside the box.

Yeah, Tom Wright has Phil Blake levels of talent. He's just a natural runner of the footy, freezes defenders with his feints and footwork, accelerates and he's through. Big body, too. He really could be anything, although the knock on him seems to be that he's not a good "game manager" and can go missing in defence. Personally, I'd love to see him running and playing his natural game behind a dominant NRL pack - preferably ours. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Yeah, Tom Wright has Phil Blake levels of talent. He's just a natural runner of the footy, freezes defenders with his feints and footwork, accelerates and he's through. Big body, too. He really could be anything, although the knock on him seems to be that he's not a good "game manager" and can go missing in defence. Personally, I'd love to see him running and playing his natural game behind a dominant NRL pack - preferably ours. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
He's too rocks and diamonds for me

All true. But he is only 19.
Moylan isn't always terrific, either.
I think we forget about him and cultivate our own youngsters.

Moylan is a valuable player no matter where you put him though, he'd be 5/8 for us and I'm fine with that. I reckon Tom Wright wouldn't go well with dce, Moylan probably shouldn't either but there is something about Moylan that just makes me think it'll work

Yeah, he does have his downsides. Very much a highlight reel player, I guess, but it's nice to see those highlights have continued from schoolboy rugby union into NYC rugby league. The NRL could be a very different kettle of fish. I'd still like to see it happen though!
The fact that he isn't a lightweight counts in his favor. He will be no pushover defensively soon enough.

Or .. they are simply rehearsed plays practised by most players from the u/10's or ad-libs by players who read each other and react to what is happening in front of them.

90% of all the player you mentioned (Cliffy) try assists were "wishful" ad-lib. With the structure you mention players like Fulton, Lyons, O'Connor may as well been factory process workers.
The only adlib was playing late at the line against exhausted broken poor defensive structures from a semi professional era and reacting to what was in front of him----but simple running lines and structures were on display even back then.

Blockers in use, line running from Tezza and others (obviously Menzies) with Toovey holding up the middle to keep the slide honest. Even deep structured scrum plays that would not work in this day and age were a feature with many teams.

Lyons always struggled with the early semi professional forms of up and in defense especially against the Bulldogs when they were in form.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11