The Moylan Rage

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Pearce, Keary, Maloney

It's not a case of playing him in reserves. The Panthers still understand that he is an outstanding footballer who is a long way ahead of Tyrone May at this stage, but...

He is not happy and 800K is a lot of money to spend on a player who is unhappy...not to mention Nathan Cleary is going command 1 mil on the open market and given the Panthers cap is stacked to the hilt with a number of high paid players, something has to give. When you consider that Edwards looks the good at the back and May is solid and will get better, it makes sense to ease cap pressure by moving Moylan along.

When you sign/re-sign Mansour, DWZ, Whare, Blake, Peachey, Merrin, Fischer-Harris, Cartwright, Campbell-Gillard, Wallace, Yeo, CHN, and you have a guy like Rein sitting in reserve grade and you still have to find a million bucks to keep Nathan Cleary, it's easy to see why the Panthers are letting Moylan walk when he is unhappy.
Any updates snake. Hearing over warriors way Blake green been enquiries about schools. Hastings been offered to sharks and Souths.
Has Moylan engaged talks with manly as yet ?

01. Tom Wright
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Tom Trbojevic
04. Dylan Walker
05. Akuila Uate
06. Matt Moylan
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

Jesus-H, that looks nasty. Which side of the field would be more ruthless?
I believe it'll end up that we'll switch Tom Wright and Trbo, Wright said yesterday that he has been told that he will be a centre at manly and Trbo is developing well at the back

Still as lethal, if not more. Awesome backline. Tom Wright needs a little more development imo

Last edited by a moderator:
I think its still happening for certain, Panthers see May as 6 and Edwards at 1. Moylan wont be staying at Panthers beyond this season unless they want to play 800k worth of star player in reserves.
And Griffin is obsessed with putting Cartwright at 5/8, meaning that Cartwright can fill in at 5/8 whilst May recovers.

Bunnies only have Inglis in the centres because he is not offering anything at fullback anymore, he was never a strong playmaker, he has no passing game or kicking game either. Plus his knee is and was well and truly f#cked. Tom on the other hand has no injuries that are currently hampering him, he also has the ability to ball play and kick (top 5 for try assists and line break assists, 1st for fullback). Tom and Inglis comparison is only due to size. Mitchell is the dead set image of Inglis and Mitchell also has no playmaking ability, he just his natural talent. Tom is very much like Slater, the way Tom views the game and all that. If you want to see how Toms career will pan out I beleive it will be like Slater. Probably start wing in rep footy and slowly progress the worlds best fullback.

Bunnies only have Inglis in the centres because he is not offering anything at fullback anymore, he was never a strong playmaker, he has no passing game or kicking game either. Plus his knee is and was well and truly f#cked. Tom on the other hand has no injuries that are currently hampering him, he also has the ability to ball play and kick (top 5 for try assists and line break assists, 1st for fullback). Tom and Inglis comparison is only due to size. Mitchell is the dead set image of Inglis and Mitchell also has no playmaking ability, he just his natural talent. Tom is very much like Slater, the way Tom views the game and all that. If you want to see how Toms career will pan out I beleive it will be like Slater. Probably start wing in rep footy and slowly progress the worlds best fullback.

Attack isn't the problem. He has the occasional mistake but is progressing nicely.

The problem is that TT is nowhere near Slater's ability and vision in all things defense. Tom is frequently caught out when fielding kicks and his handling is sometimes questionable. He also doesn't appear to communicate as well as BS does in defense for the Storm.

I hope the coaching staff have also identified this and are improving it a lot for next season.

Pearce, Keary, Maloney

It's not a case of playing him in reserves. The Panthers still understand that he is an outstanding footballer who is a long way ahead of Tyrone May at this stage, but...

He is not happy and 800K is a lot of money to spend on a player who is unhappy...not to mention Nathan Cleary is going command 1 mil on the open market and given the Panthers cap is stacked to the hilt with a number of high paid players, something has to give. When you consider that Edwards looks the good at the back and May is solid and will get better, it makes sense to ease cap pressure by moving Moylan along.

When you sign/re-sign Mansour, DWZ, Whare, Blake, Peachey, Merrin, Fischer-Harris, Cartwright, Campbell-Gillard, Wallace, Yeo, CHN, and you have a guy like Rein sitting in reserve grade and you still have to find a million bucks to keep Nathan Cleary, it's easy to see why the Panthers are letting Moylan walk when he is unhappy.
What are you on about Snake "Pearce, Keary, Maloney", Pearce and Maloney are the top class in their pairings supplemented by a much cheaper partner.

DCE and Moylan would be closer together in terms of pay grade, obviously DCE will be on more but both would be considered high impact salary cap wise.

• 👍
Reactions: Fro
My point is that back then we had patterns and plays, but to suggest they were attacking structures is a bow far too long. Not until the introduction of left/right centre and left/right 2nd rowers did we start to see anything like what we call today attack/defence structures, and it took at least a decade to become standard.

You mention blokers/slide/line running etc as if they were inventions or somehow revolutionary .... they were always apart of any skilful backs playbook ... u/10 halfs are taught to do these things , just without all the fancy sounding labels.
No i know they are basic forms of structure or more to the point rehearsed patterns of play all i am saying is without structure in some form you have zero success.

Now in modern times the teams with the most success work on the above, tweak and improve upon those basics, flair and adlib is secondary.

It has got to the point that power and punch over the last 5 years is required to bust through such well structured defensive lines, it is the reason why Melb has been a touch behind when they needed another gear to go to in semi final time this past few years----(they to are addressing and improving in this area.)

What you will find is with more offloads and second phase play in general off the back of power and punch, you need sharp adlib light footed players to take advantage of the broken defensive lines---but it is still secondary to improving structures.

Attack isn't the problem. He has the occasional mistake but is progressing nicely.

The problem is that TT is nowhere near Slater's ability and vision in all things defense. Tom is frequently caught out when fielding kicks and his handling is sometimes questionable. He also doesn't appear to communicate as well as BS does in defense for the Storm.

I hope the coaching staff have also identified this and are improving it a lot for next season.
Hes only 20, first year full first grade, first year full season at fullback. Its fine, will get better as he plays more games. Slater wasnt perfect when he started. If he is still like this when he is 30 its a problem but right now its fine,

It seems like there's too much smoke around Moylan for us to be anything other than a very serious chance of signing him. If Wright is good to go for first grade next year then our backline will look amazing:

Turbo
Taufua/Parker
T. Wright
Walker
Uate
Moylan
DCE

I don't think there'd be a better backline in the NRL.

What are you on about Snake "Pearce, Keary, Maloney", Pearce and Maloney are the top class in their pairings supplemented by a much cheaper partner.

DCE and Moylan would be closer together in terms of pay grade, obviously DCE will be on more but both would be considered high impact salary cap wise.
I was going to comment and then thought "bugger it" and then I must have accidentally saved the "quote" when I replied to Turbo's post. Sorry.

Last edited:
It seems like there's too much smoke around Moylan for us to be anything other than a very serious chance of signing him. If Wright is good to go for first grade next year then our backline will look amazing:

Turbo
Taufua/Parker
T. Wright
Walker
Uate
Moylan
DCE

I don't think there'd be a better backline in the NRL.

Turbo
Taufua/Parker
T. Wright
Walker
Uate
Moylan
DCE

That is a LETHAL looking back line .
No weaknesses there .
Strike power everywhere
Brilliance all over our backline

Turbo
Taufua/Parker
T. Wright
Walker
Uate
Moylan
DCE

That is a LETHAL looking back line .
No weaknesses there .
Strike power everywhere
Brilliance all over our backline

I would have a fast goal kicking winger In place of Taufua
Then we would be complete

I would have a fast goal kicking winger In place of Taufua
Then we would be complete
Taufua's runs are too valuable for us. Means we need an extra star forward that little bit less and allows our forwards, particularly marty, to sustain their energy. He wasn't bad under the ball this year and had some pretty good pace himself when he needed it. I'd much rather have Taufua than most wingers in the comp. His input up front and barge-over tries are often underestimated

Taufua's runs are too valuable for us. Means we need an extra star forward that little bit less and allows our forwards, particularly marty, to sustain their energy. He wasn't bad under the ball this year and had some pretty good pace himself when he needed it. I'd much rather have Taufua than most wingers in the comp. His input up front and barge-over tries are often underestimated

I agree, but I think we need 90% goal kicker and there arnt many that come from the forwards these days So they will need to come from the backs.......

Hes only 20, first year full first grade, first year full season at fullback. Its fine, will get better as he plays more games. Slater wasnt perfect when he started. If he is still like this when he is 30 its a problem but right now its fine,
That's it.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10