The Moylan Rage

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I agree with you (in the halves) although reckon he'd still be an awesome signings for the backs (centre or fullback)
Coote and Jennings weren't captains and although Lewis was briefly he was also in his late 20's.

Apparently the CEO has come out and said that if Moyza gets a better offer they won't stand in his way so perhaps I have completely miss read that one.... Time will tell.

I hope we don't go for him. He doesn't compliment DCE at all. Tigers or Newcastle the better fit for someone like him.

Green is the reason DCE is able to win those matches, Green is good not great but thats all we need from a 6. If we didn't buy Green this year we would be bottom 4, if we replace him with Moylan we would revert to bottom 4.
Green has been solid - not to disrespect his role and at times been a cool head steering the team around in stereotype fashion as 1 would expect of an experienced 5/8.
But not for 1 second could anyone seriously take away the credit going to DCE as an improved player and leader in 2017 in his own right....I mean, in the games there have been blowout scores against Manly, Green has gone missing....yet in the games Manly have skimmed home, its been DCE putting his hand up along with some Turbo brilliance to get the result......again, yes Green has played his part, but not done anything extraordinary that at least 10 other 5/8's at this level would have.
As for bottom 4 there's again 10 plus 5/8's who would have (filled in) for DCE as we call it - just because the Walker experiment failed, Moylan is a ball runner also, but...has far more street smarts as a ball player.
Probably a mute point anyway as pointed out above - welcome to Roosters/Eels Moylan.

Green is the reason DCE is able to win those matches, Green is good not great but thats all we need from a 6. If we didn't buy Green this year we would be bottom 4, if we replace him with Moylan we would revert to bottom 4.

Moylan is a good player but not a organiser. Plays a lot like DCE.

Find it interesting that the panthers seem to have been winning games and playing more direct without Moylan there.

Left field ... but has anybody considered that as DCE's legs age, his organisational ability increases .... it could extend his career if, in 2 years time he moves to 5/8 to be a foil for a gun young half.

Moylan has just about peaked in his ability and will be at his best for the next 5 years. His legs will be young enough as Cherry ages. A perfect foil and opportunity to re-invent how halves share the load and combine in attack on the field.

So by your assessment you are saying that we need a good player next to DCE as opposed to a great player. IMO Moylan is a better option than Green. DCE is able to win those matches because he is DCE. Green didn't make DCE kick 2 field goals with the right and left foot. It's all DCE.. Sure he takes pressure off him but if we had Moylan we would be unstoppable.

Moylan is no half, he's seemingly made Cleary underperform when he plays next to him. That may be due to the fact he doesn't match up well with Cleary, although I just reckon he isn't a natural half, he overplays his hand a little. When Cleary is at his best this year he's with May in the halves, who just does a job. Moylan is a great player, and i'd love him at manly but in the backs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Foxsports lists the clubs that can make a play for Moylan, seven of them who they state have the cap space. They make a point of saying Newcastle have heaps of space. So Ponga on $800 000 a season, Watson on $600 000 a season, Kenny Dowell, Moga, Arrow, Aiden Guerra have all signed and it doesn't seem to effect their cap. Just continue t have heaps of cap space. The Storm are listed as one of the sides that could make a play....amazing what a testimonial game can do for cap dollars. Amazingly we are not mentioned, and it seems we never are. You'd think with Matai and Snake retiring we'd be seen as being flush with cash.

Daly Cherry Evans plays his best as a running halfback with no pressure on him to be the main kicker, play maker. Heres two golden examples of what happens when Daly plays alongside another running half.

2015 Origin game 2
Daly plays alongside Thurston who is also a running halfback at his best. In this game Daly has his worst performance for QLD ever and Thurston also goes missing.

2016 NRL season
Daly plays alongside Walker who is meant to be a running five-eight, not a playmaker. This season Daly was a main play maker, not like his usual partnership with Foran who is a game manager. In 2016 Daly has his worst season ever, manly finish bottom 4.

Manly will have a poor season and so will Daly if we have a running 6 beside him who cant game manage. Daly has had a great season and I'm not saying he hasnt gone out and improved, its blatantly obvious Daly has stepped up in his form but also his leadership which has been whats most enjoyable but he doesnt do well with running halves, he cant game manage or organise by himself, hes not that type of player. Moylan would be a horrible partner for Daly as he also cant game manage, organise or even know when to stay out and let Cleary take over.

Why aren't we seeing these headlines?

Panthers in crisis on eve of finals

Favorite son and Captain shopped around

Players divided over moylan loyalty

Griffin denies moylan rift

(Where are these headlines? Why does Penrith get a dream run in the media over this?)

Best halves in the comp are a running half and a game manager.

1 Cronk and Munster
2 Thurston and Morgan
3 Reynolds and Walker
4 Cleary and May
5 Moses and Norman
6 Sezer and Austin

Only way 2 running halves can work is if you have a game manager at fullback or hooker like Broncos with Boyd.

Panthers won't let their captain go. Plus he is a Penrith Jnr. He is exactly the opposite of what Gus would let go.

People getting worked up over another Bulldog Richie rumour....
They have cap issues from what I understand. It would not surprise me at all. If he is unhappy, you don't want your captain being disgruntled as it will impact the team dynamics.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10