The Moylan Rage

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Best halves in the comp are a running half and a game manager.

1 Cronk and Munster
2 Thurston and Morgan
3 Reynolds and Walker
4 Cleary and May
5 Moses and Norman
6 Sezer and Austin

Only way 2 running halves can work is if you have a game manager at fullback or hooker like Broncos with Boyd.
Moses and Norman are both running halves...with Moses like Moylan a bit of both.
Sezer and Austin have been a horrible combination in 2017
Cleary /May too new to judge
Reynolds / Walker has not been great - both have on off games so that's not too complimentary or you have consistency
Agree with the sentiments on a running ang controlling style half though ...and DCE and Moylan have enough of both with Turbo getting a few first touches to make it work imo.
Stoked if Manly got him, but not overly confident it will happen

Best halves in the comp are a running half and a game manager.

1 Cronk and Munster
2 Thurston and Morgan
3 Reynolds and Walker
4 Cleary and May
5 Moses and Norman
6 Sezer and Austin

Only way 2 running halves can work is if you have a game manager at fullback or hooker like Broncos with Boyd.
I'd replace Reynolds and Walker with DCE and Green imo. I don't rate the Rabbitohs pair, Reynolds is good, albeit inconsistent, and Walker just hasn't found his feet in any position yet. Cody Walker is a good individual player although not a good team player. Cleary and May are pretty good, not too special though. Moses and Norman can kick, lack a little of organisation and just cannot defend. Our halves can defend and kick, and organise (generally, we usually look well structured) so I reckon that justifies their placement. Our halves are at least decent at every aspect they need to be, there aren't any major flaws except Green's occasional miss-read in defence

You could always have Moylan as the goal kicking 1 and put Tom and his cut outs at 6...

I'd replace Reynolds and Walker with DCE and Green imo. I don't rate the Rabbitohs pair, Reynolds is good, albeit inconsistent, and Walker just hasn't found his feet in any position yet. Cody Walker is a good individual player although not a good team player. Cleary and May are pretty good, not too special though. Moses and Norman can kick, lack a little of organisation and just cannot defend. Our halves can defend and kick, and organise (generally, we usually look well structured) so I reckon that justifies their placement. Our halves are at least decent at every aspect they need to be, there aren't any major flaws except Green's occasional miss-read in defence
Wasnt a list of the top halves pairings just the ones that are of an organsier and runner.

I think your claims of a fallacy are a fallacy. If certain players didn't compliment others than why didn't DCE work with Thurston. Both complete footballers but it failed.... because they play similar styles.
Its the reason why Cronk and Thurston compliment each other.
Why didn't DCE and Walker work? Why does DCE and Green work so well?
Not crap... its called football.
I think your claims of a fallacy being a fallacy are a fallacy

Phil Gould says he will meet with Matt Moylan next week to discuss rumours the skipper wants out of the club.

Moylan's issues with the Panthers were first raised in Sporting News Australia's NRL Leaks column on Friday and had caught fire by that night.

Penrith are confident Moylan will remain – he has four years to run on his contract – but where would he go if released?

Don't rule out Manly.

Moylan has some contacts on the northern beaches and loves the area, particularly since becoming a keen surfer.

The Sea Eagles would have enough money under the cap to nab him, but the only questions would be where to play him.

Cronulla would be another good fit, especially if James Maloney leaves.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...nulla-manly/sbhe0ntjzked1pmzf6fze45rv/slide/1

Wasnt a list of the top halves pairings just the ones that are of an organsier and runner.
Moses and Norman break that mould...and apart from a crap game vs Souths - works well...
Both runners naturally....but both can ball play well also - at speed....which in the modern game if the ruck wins - will destroy Any defence.

I reckon these 2 will fall apart soon. They are very much confidence players and so far have been in a false NRL created honeymoon phase. They have been gifted the best draw from the NRL gods and once they meet some decent teams I think they'll be found out and Moses will be back to his incompetent Tigers days and Norman will be Mr Inconsistent...
Although.... part of this assessment may be because I hate the Eels more than words can describe.
Geez I hope so Batty.

I think Moylan and DCE would work fine, it would just mean a bit of a change in the way the team plays. Comparing Walker at 5/8 to how Moylan would go at 5/8 is a bit ridiculous, they're not the same kind of player at all. Just because they both have "good ball runner" in common doesn't mean they'd be the same kind of foil to DCE as a halves partner. If anything it would mean we'd have a second danger man in the halves, which could take even more pressure off DCE.

Phil Gould says he will meet with Matt Moylan next week to discuss rumours the skipper wants out of the club.

Moylan's issues with the Panthers were first raised in Sporting News Australia's NRL Leaks column on Friday and had caught fire by that night.

Penrith are confident Moylan will remain – he has four years to run on his contract – but where would he go if released?

Don't rule out Manly.

Moylan has some contacts on the northern beaches and loves the area, particularly since becoming a keen surfer.

The Sea Eagles would have enough money under the cap to nab him, but the only questions would be where to play him.

Cronulla would be another good fit, especially if James Maloney leaves.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...nulla-manly/sbhe0ntjzked1pmzf6fze45rv/slide/1
So this journo doesn't know where Manly would play him then says he'd be a good replacement for Maloney at the sharks.......
He's just answered his own question !!

They have cap issues from what I understand. It would not surprise me at all. If he is unhappy, you don't want your captain being disgruntled as it will impact the team dynamics.
How could the Panfers have cap issues with such a young roster compared to the Rorters who somehow manage to fit Tedesco in next year.

I think your claims of a fallacy are a fallacy. If certain players didn't compliment others than why didn't DCE work with Thurston. Both complete footballers but it failed.... because they play similar styles.
Its the reason why Cronk and Thurston compliment each other.
Why didn't DCE and Walker work? Why does DCE and Green work so well?
Not crap... its called football.
Hah, yes fallacy and certainly fallacious arguments in response....similar styles, who knew?? what about maybe they don't 'click' personality wise, forgotten the QLD SOO player 'brains trust' offed DCE into oblivion?
Sorry Batty, the argument that 2 x less than 1 is better than 2 x 1 does not hold, never has held and will never hold.....because if is fallacy.

How could the Panfers have cap issues with such a young roster compared to the Rorters who somehow manage to fit Tedesco in next year.
Because they have re-signed a heap of players this year after showing so much last year - their values all went up. Merrin, Tamou and Moylan are all on big dollars. They haven't let anyone of note go.

The other major reason is that Gould would not allow their club to rort the cap unlike other clubs.

I think Moylan will go.

I reckon these 2 will fall apart soon. They are very much confidence players and so far have been in a false NRL created honeymoon phase. They have been gifted the best draw from the NRL gods and once they meet some decent teams I think they'll be found out and Moses will be back to his incompetent Tigers days and Norman will be Mr Inconsistent...
Although.... part of this assessment may be because I hate the Eels more than words can describe.
Maybe, but this is not 1980 - the game is based on not setting for that BIG backline move.
More rolling through the middle of the field and winning the ruck and QUICK halves hitting the ball between those A defenders - inside/outside balls.
Again - to have DCE/Moylan/TomT attacking off the back of this - will win games all day.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
9 4 5 -16 8