The Moylan Rage

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
What I make of Moylan

Potential - Huge
Currently a touch over rated, through no fault of his own, but the media built him up into a top line superstar very early on, he is a very good NRL player currently without consistently hitting that next level.

Tough year for him this year, burst onto the scene under Cleary and looked amazing, unfortunately then had to cop Griffin who is an absolute scrub. Extremely poor decision from the coach to toss the captaincy to him before he was anywhere near ready, which hasn't helped him at all this season along with a few injuries to compound matters

Upside is huge, again that word, potential, but potentially if he and DCE click, they could easily be the most devastating combo in the league, provided the forwards get an even platform to them. How they will work together will be the big question, but I'm sure they'll find a way to make it work. His upside is so far above Greens it isn't funny

What I make of Moylan

Potential - Huge
Currently a touch over rated, through no fault of his own, but the media built him up into a top line superstar very early on, he is a very good NRL player currently without consistently hitting that next level.

Tough year for him this year, burst onto the scene under Cleary and looked amazing, unfortunately then had to cop Griffin who is an absolute scrub. Extremely poor decision from the coach to toss the captaincy to him before he was anywhere near ready, which hasn't helped him at all this season along with a few injuries to compound matters

Upside is huge, again that word, potential, but potentially if he and DCE click, they could easily be the most devastating combo in the league, provided the forwards get an even platform to them. How they will work together will be the big question, but I'm sure they'll find a way to make it work. His upside is so far above Greens it isn't funny

Great post kiwi you have nailed it.

If we have actually signed Moylan, I can't see him playing anywhere except 5/8. He would sign with us knowing that Tommy is the fullback which suits him fine as he doesn't want to play at the back. He see's himself as a 5/8 first, fullback second.

Don't get me wrong, Tom Trbojevic will play a lot of games in the centres during his career.....but it won't be in club football. Like Rowdy Shearer before him, he's a fullback who because of his versatility and natural pace will play most of his representative career in the three-quarters. But in club football with Manly he'll be a fullback first and foremost.

Again, if we have signed him then Moylan will be Cherry's halves partner. Green will take up residence in Auckland and our centres next year will be Walker and either Kelly or Parker with Tom firmly entrenched in the #1 jumper.

That's the way I see it anyway.

V8, your post showed your shrewdness and thought pattern. The only thing I would add is that Moylan's issues are about wanting to play 5/8 not fullback and long term. He wouldn't come here just to change jumper colour.

What I make of Moylan

Potential - Huge

Brilliant post, perfect summary of the what both players can bring in the here and now.

I guess we can look at the two broncos halves who are instinctive in Milford and Nikorima and they have won 11 together or something like that. Keen to see Moylan back at his best.

Klemmer and Moylan, injury free for a whole season, will be just about all we need to turn our squad into a premiership contender.

Add a damaging second rower and a half-decent depth winger and we'll be favourites to win the comp.

Not 100 percent sure here plenty of panthers mates tell me he staying.
Awful lot of dollars 800k for a kid who still learning structured play in halfs.
I would be honest another year under green would not be worst thing his kicking game is fantastic both in 40/20s and repeat sets.

he definitely has skill. mmm, yeah if he can share the general organising and kicking with DCE, could be very good long term combo. Has a lot of time with ball in hand and walker, tommy, uate etc could really benefit from his ball playing and setting up his outside men. always caused manly havoc when we played him.
Moylan the Magnificent and Manly has a ring to it .
Comparing Green with Moylan is like comparing a
Kia with a BMW . Moylan can do it all .

What I make of Moylan

Potential - Huge

Well said feathered friend !!!

Well if Bozo and Barrett want to sign him up then they must be very confident that he will fit into the team's structures. Hopefully they can change Moylan's style of play to be much more structured. Green was a master at his short kicks and getting the ball into the in-goal. And he also kicked some superb 40/20's. So Moylan will need to be every bit as good as Green in this department.
You don't play for Australia unless you're pretty bloody good. Could be like a langer and Lewis halves combo

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8