The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
He was asked recently on Channel 9 about his preferred position and replied that he's happy to play wherever he's selected.

I thought he looked trim and played well in his short stint v. Knights.
I really hope that’s his attitude. The kid was a revelation in the back row last year.. yea, he needs to look where he passes, and I think he does tend to go quiet when the chips are down, but that can come with experience..

I have a horrible feeling he won't be with us next year. He didn't look happy at all tonight. Seems confused to me. Paseka same.....why is he not getting game time? I'll be one pi$$ed off supporter if we lose both of them at the expense of others or someone's stubbornness!

I know he's had a few leg injuries but Taniela has seemed to have pretty minimal impact most matches this year when he has played.

He hasn't been playing better than Sipley, Taupau or Aloiai. So that leaves him up against Keppie for the last prop spot, and one of them has to miss out if we have both Walker and Schuster on the bench.

Doesn’t make sense to me to be picking players that leaving over those that are keepers. He needs match fitness not splinters.

I've seen 3 social media posts from others in rhe last week or so showing Shu putting in "extras" outside of official training.

I'm thinking he is having a red hot crack to get fitter.
This could be the reason he is getting limited minutes. Very hard to do significant fitness training during the season if you are playing big minutes. In season it's usually about recovery and skills.

I think some / most of the chat on here is pretty harsh.

Lets look at the games he has played

2020 1 game (injury and covid impacted)
2021 21
2022 7 games (injury)

So 28 games in three years? There us a heap of upside to the kid to come
I can’t speak for others but I don’t think it’s harsh to expect any first grade footballer, regardless of their ability, pay packet, or position, to be fit. He’ll learn the game and he has a bright future, but I make no concession for comments made regarding his obvious lack of conditioning.

I think Des is doing Schu a massive favour this year by making him work for his position and minutes on the field. It could ultimately make his career. What good comes of gifting the kid anything this early in his career? He’ll end up like Suli at the Tigers and Dogs. Unfit and entitled.

I can’t speak for others but I don’t think it’s harsh to expect any first grade footballer, regardless of their ability, pay packet, or position, to be fit. He’ll learn the game and he has a bright future, but I make no concession for comments made regarding his obvious lack of conditioning.

I think Des is doing Schu a massive favour this year by making him work for his position and minutes on the field. It could ultimately make his career. What good comes of gifting the kid anything this early in his career? He’ll end up like Suli at the Tigers and Dogs. Unfit and entitled.
I do not think we are a million miles apart

Re his lack of conditioning a factor I think is very much underlooked is the lack of games for kids coming through due to COVID (as an aside I wonder if it is impacting QLD based players who were able to play more so than NSW especially in 2020) combined with some bad luck

If the report is to be believed re Samoa I think that says everything we need to know re his mind set

I do not think we are a million miles apart

Re his lack of conditioning a factor I think is very much underlooked is the lack of games for kids coming through due to COVID (as an aside I wonder if it is impacting QLD based players who were able to play more so than NSW especially in 2020) combined with some bad luck

If the report is to be believed re Samoa I think that says everything we need to know re his mind set
He looked fit last year...it was the injury earlier in the year (2022) that kept him off his feet. I don’t think he managed that rehab too well and came back too heavy. I know last year, he was scratched before our game against the Knights and the club were unhappy with his weight, believing it contributed to his injury. So it’s not the first time questions have been asked about condition.

I think it’s a fair criticism. At the same time, it’s not the end of the world and I’m 100% sure it means enough to Josh to get his body right for the rigours of first grade.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8