The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I think it's a disgrace the way people keep blaming Des for the Schuster situation. He is CLEARLY UNFIT! That's on Josh. I implore the coach to play hardball with any player when it comes to fitness. I don't care if it's DCE or Turbo or Jake, or anyone else you care to mention.

Stop making excuses for Schu. Who cares how talented he is?! Who cares what his role will be next year?! Get fit and then we'll talk.

LOL. Basically you are blaming Des!! Des is the coach, the boss. Why isn't he putting a rocket up Schuster or has he already?
Or is something that none of us know about Schuster and his injuries?

Fair Dinkum reading these threads ... Tom Wright would have been a superstar except for the coach ... Matt Parcell would have been the best hooker ever except for the coach ... Schuster would be leading the Dally M's by streets if only Hasler knew how to use him properly ..

Imagine Haumole and Ben T running into gaps from the majestic passing of Schuster.
Look beyond the square
Guac is cemented in that right edge based on his career to date. Can't see Des changing that, unless you are suggesting that Schuster is a better ball player than DCE and will get more out of Guac ?? Anyway if we change sides with Guac we still have to fill a backrow spot - just moving the deckchairs.

Burbo ?? perhaps. They do have some connection already from juniors so it's not without merit. But you are then running with two rookies side by side. Not sure that ticks Dessies conservative coaching style.

This is the problem. We're always saying wait till next year to see the best of ??. Been waiting since the 2013 GF robbery and it's giving me the sh*ts. It's the same as the year on year bullsh*t excuses that come out of the Blues. Do the Storm ever have to make excuses. Look at their player turn over yet their culture, fitness and comittment keep them up the top year on year. Fu*k this constant truck load of excuses. Get their sh*t together and get up the top of the table where we fu*king well belong.
Your post puts everything in Perspective

Well said feathered friend

Live up to our Legendary clubs Benchmark of excellence and excel

Or Just leave and give some one else the opportunity to excel

Schu's progress has all the hallmarks of another Suli episode. The same injuries, the same lack of fitness, the same in and out form and now can't force his way back into the starting line-up. Makes more questions on how our strength, conditioning and rehab setup is operating.
Could be. Its a concerning issue. But then Shu is of course significantly more talented and more important for Manly's future, given the role its anticipated that he will assume so I hope whatever the issue its well resolved by the start of 2023.

Guac is cemented in that right edge based on his career to date. Can't see Des changing that, unless you are suggesting that Schuster is a better ball player than DCE and will get more out of Guac ?? Anyway if we change sides with Guac we still have to fill a backrow spot - just moving the deckchairs.

Burbo ?? perhaps. They do have some connection already from juniors so it's not without merit. But you are then running with two rookies side by side. Not sure that ticks Dessies conservative coaching style.

When Schuster is playing 5/8th it's important for Manly's chances for DCE & Schu not to stick to their sides all the time, but to blend together playing both or either side.

Yes Schu passing to Guac would give us another point of attack differentiation.

Schu certainly has softer hands than DCE. Koula would certainly appreciate Schu's softer hands than the continued DCE bullet passes above his shoulders.

Manly have an opportunity in 2023 to play a slightly different way and both Turbo brothers will be salivating running off Schu passes.

LOL. Basically you are blaming Des!! Des is the coach, the boss. Why isn't he putting a rocket up Schuster or has he already?
Or is something that none of us know about Schuster and his injuries?
Keeping him on the bench for 60 minutes and injecting him for all of 20 minutes is the rocket. You wanna feature in more of the game or get a start over Davey, get fit!

Keeping him on the bench for 60 minutes and injecting him for all of 20 minutes is the rocket. You wanna feature in more of the game or get a start over Davey, get fit!

I had assumed this was obvious.

Des does not do unfit.

He better warm up today as his butt will be very cold sitting on the bench for 63 minutes.

Officially he got 11 minutes. There was a shot of him after full time, and he thru his head back. It didn’t look like the body language of a player that was on a winning team. In that instance, he looked like a player who was admonishing himself. That was just my take on it.
Hopefully he has learnt that when you get 20 min one week and 11 the next, it is a clear message that the coach wants more from you, not just on the ground.
After listening to Josh Aloiai speaking this week, he sounds like just the right sort of mentor for the Schu.

Officially he got 11 minutes. There was a shot of him after full time, and he thru his head back. It didn’t look like the body language of a player that was on a winning team. In that instance, he looked like a player who was admonishing himself. That was just my take on it.
Hopefully he has learnt that when you get 20 min one week and 11 the next, it is a clear message that the coach wants more from you, not just on the ground.
After listening to Josh Aloiai speaking this week, he sounds like just the right sort of mentor for the Schu.
I have a horrible feeling he won't be with us next year. He didn't look happy at all tonight. Seems confused to me. Paseka same.....why is he not getting game time? I'll be one pi$$ed off supporter if we lose both of them at the expense of others or someone's stubbornness!

STAR SEA EAGLE COULD MISS WORLD CUP

Manly Sea Eagles star Josh Schuster could be a withdrawal from the Samoan team for the World Cup at the end of the season.

The Manly Sea Eagles utility has been carrying injuries for most of the season and has played only seven games, most recently off the bench.

Rather than risk more injuries at the World Cup Schuster is keen to have a good off-season at Manly as he prepares to take over from Kieran Foran in the five-eighth role next year.

I mentioned in another thread but could Des be looking to limit the time the Shoe spends in the forwards moving forward to next season.

Hes obviously the first choice 6 next year and has had a pretty disruptive 2022. I'm giving the coaching team the benefit of the doubt on this one.

The last thing shoe needs is to play 70 min a game in the second row right now. He needs to be retraining his body and mind before he becomes too thick and slow.

Today was a good indication when he replaced DCE and played in the backs.

He looked nippy and was taking a lot of the kicks.

Obviously if he's needed in the forwards thats where he will go but in games we have a big lead I can see him in a playmaker role a lot more this year.

Just needs to drop 5kg and find some speed and next year might just be awesome. Even without Foz( who could have stayed had he really wanted to)....

I mentioned in another thread but could Des be looking to limit the time the Shoe spends in the forwards moving forward to next season.

Hes obviously the first choice 6 next year and has had a pretty disruptive 2022. I'm giving the coaching team the benefit of the doubt on this one.

The last thing shoe needs is to play 70 min a game in the second row right now. He needs to be retraining his body and mind before he becomes too thick and slow.

Today was a good indication when he replaced DCE and played in the backs.

He looked nippy and was taking a lot of the kicks.

Obviously if he's needed in the forwards thats where he will go but in games we have a big lead I can see him in a playmaker role a lot more this year.

Just needs to drop 5kg and find some speed and next year might just be awesome. Even without Foz( who could have stayed had he really wanted to)....
Your spot on I actually think he may have lost a bit of weight in the last few weeks. Or it may have been the blue sash across his waste that made him look thinner 🤦‍♂️

It’s a real shame… for mine he should be starting in the back row..
We looked our absolute most dangerous last season when dce and Tom were carving up the right side, and foz and schuster were carving up the left… it added that extra dimension in attack and we looked like world beaters in certain games…
If he doesn’t want to play back row, fine.. play him in NSW cup…
Sitting on the bench for 71 minutes each week does absolutely NOTHING for the team..
Would rather have seen tent on the bench and rotated with the forwards over schuster warming the pine all game..
Walker covers every position in the backline so the whole argument of needing someone there just in case of injury really isn’t a good enough excuse

He needs a Menzies for his inner Cliffy Lyons. Who is that going to be ?
He'll just need a few targets on that left side so the defence is kept guessing. Turbo is a decent target! Also the much-maligned Harper, he has nippy footwork, isn't a speedster over any distance but can certainly create a bit of space and shovel it on. And Tuilagi (also maligned!) but in our trial this year v Wests he ran beautifully into a hole close to the line, and I'm expecting him to pose a threat on our left hand side next year.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8