The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I think it should also be pointed out that though Schuster may not have had his best game , he did 32 tackles (3rd highest in the team), with only one missed, ran 83 metres, conceded one penalty not four as someone suggested, all within 63 minutes. So statistically he didnt do too badly suggesting the high expectations we have on the kid.
That’s just ridiculous...he was ****house

Absolutely spot on.

Calling him a brat, unmotivated, lazy all while having no idea about the individual themselves or what is happening behind the scenes is poor form.

Comment on his form, which has been down, no issue with that.
Agree. He’s a nice kid and certainly not a brat. I also know how much it means to it...footy is his life. However, he is struggling to get physically fit and his performances have been terrible.

Two years back Croker was considered a poor five eighth, Cust was a good half and performed reasonably well at 5/8. But nether were the answer and consequently one ended up a hooker, the other left the club.

Schuster is quite a deal more talented player than either of those two. Croker has developed very well as a hooker, but I wouldnt want him at 5/8. He's found his niche and if Fainu has his matter dismissed then we have a great interchanging hooker partnership, as long as Fainu can regain his fitness level and get that skill level back.

Schuster does have a kicking game. Often seen with bombs and he kicked well in the juniors. Trouble is he is playing second row and therefore not required to do much kicking. Why would you want to with such a brilliant mid field kicker as DCE. And Foran kicks well. So we havent seen Schuster's kicking because it hasnt been needed.

The Schuster of this year is not the Schuster based on the potential we've seen and know he has. Something is wrong and we can only hope its rectified by the beginning of 2023. Easy to forget the talent seen in the past, and though it may well be as Woodsie suggests that he's learning that in first grade things are not so easy, the point is, the talent is there, and that is inherent. Just a question of getting to the next level and effectively utilizing it. And I could suggest its important to remember that this kid's primary skill is as a ball player. What position is best suited for that role?
I see him as a Wade Graham type - a big bodied lock or 5/8th.

I'd like to see him at 5/8th after a good offseason of recovery & full training at that position but I reckon ultimately he could be a great ball-playing backrower like Graham.

That’s just ridiculous...he was ****house

Snake, I didnt watch the game so you have an advantage over me, but of course you are stating from a perspective. Probably you are right given most of the comments on this forum support your position. I'm not disputing that. However observation tends to be very selective and that's why its always valuable to look at the stats because they often tell you things that are happening that we dont necessarily notice. It is human nature to create expectations and determine matters at that level and to look at the stand out issues and take lesser notice of the secondary..

It was screaming out for Schuster and he was a failure. He's been so underwhelming this year, I'm still waiting for him to walk the walk but he hasn't delivered. How he's going to play effectively at 6 next year is beyond me.
Unfortunately I have to agree with you on his non performance last night. Some sports site said he's carrying some sort of injury...? that needs end of season surgery, but never the less will play on till the end of the season. So obviously Des reckoned Schuster was good for the Saints game then ...mmm...baffling to say the least !!

Do you think we could have the week before the game against Roosters where all we give is positive comments and look at what Schu can do to help Manly win.

For this week,if you have nothing positive to say about Josh, keep your months shut.

I think it's time we showed Schu some respect and love, as Des certainly isn't.

Ok so schu was quiet last night but was dce or foz any better.Those 2 should have dominated the game Saints halves are rubbish.
Best summation of the match .Yes Schuster is overweight and made a couple of errors but he did not loose us the match .Only thing to add is we would have won that match with Schuster handling half the possession our ball players handled in the opposition's 22 .Bring on 2023 .

I see him as a Wade Graham type - a big bodied lock or 5/8th.

I'd like to see him at 5/8th after a good offseason of recovery & full training at that position but I reckon ultimately he could be a great ball-playing backrower like Graham.
or like gifty

I note the comments about the comparisons with Graham and Gifty and certainly Schuster is a large unit and those two were talented second row ball players. But as I see it neither Graham nor Gifty would have handled five eighth better than OK. Schuster may not have the toughness of those two (yet), but he is decidedly a better ball player and that's why in the juniors he was moved out of the forwards and to 5/8, where he won competition awards. If he had been an outstanding forward they would have kept him there in the juniors. It was obviously seen that he had special ball playing skills ideal for 5/8 and it was proved at that level, a justified decision.

Now it may be that Schuster eventually ends up at lock. I personally think he's wasted in the second row. But we've seen his potential. Who else in the squad do we have who could handle the 5/8 position as well. I know there's a lot of talk about Latu Fainu and certainly the kid is special. But using the same argument, that's in the juniors. He also has to prove himself at the top level. Then there Weekes. He's had limited experience in that position, though no doubting he is adaptable. But that also would take time to develop, given most of his career has been at full back. So where else do we go? I certainly want to see Schuster given a season at 5/8 and see how he fares. Suggestions he cant handle it, too big, etc is not evidence based. Until we see him in that position over an extended stretch, none of us will really know and all the conjecture is just projecting imaginings of what will happen.

Unfortunately I have to agree with you on his non performance last night. Some sports site said he's carrying some sort of injury...? that needs end of season surgery, but never the less will play on till the end of the season. So obviously Des reckoned Schuster was good for the Saints game then ...mmm...baffling to say the least !!
If that's true, then they should get him into surgery now, he can't afford another interrupted preseason, it is not as if he is setting the field on fire, we don't need him this year, we need 100% and trimmed down next year.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10