The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Schuster's no look pass could be even more lethal if used sparingly. And also, would give his dummy and run plays more headaches for the opposition to figure out what's coming next.
If he makes the no looker his default, to the point where everyone expects it, it will become deadly to opposition because all he has to do is look at the player he is passing to and everyone will be bamboozled.

He reminds me a lot of John Sutton being a big framed 5/8 who also played second row in his career. If he stays fit and healthy I have no doubt Shu can be a premiership winning 5/8.
images.jpeg-3.jpg

No Foran & no Walker in 2023 - two of our ballplayers gone! If Turbo is on the field, he is also one of our ball players. Otherwise, it is just DCE & Schuster. The partnership between these two will be crucial. Josh will become one of our most important players in 2023 & in some games, could well be the 'go to' guy.

Looks like his fitness hard work is paying off.
View attachment 22980
Still a big unit but that O K providing he has got his fitness and effective mobility back again . Total credit to the Shu for knuckling down and making such a concerted effort to get his Mojo back .Going against the trend for most N R L sides with less robust type but quite agile 6 's but Shu does have that special talent and if injury free to really be able to make his mark , at 6 or elsewhere .

I have never doubted the Shu's bag of talents, or physical ability .. (fitness aside) .. to get the job done. ... his reported training, and attitude adjustment seems to be on the path of correcting this part of his game.

My biggest concern has been his decision making, what I see as an over reliance on making the low percentage, highlight reel play ... these plays, the X factor brilliance, are match winners and a blessing to have ... but knowing when to pull the trigger, and when not to .. is the difference between a 1st grade star, and a juniors show pony. His first responsibility as a half, is to get the best out of the other 12 blokes on the field...

In this, I am encouraged by Seib's comments, that Flannagan is in his ear, and has mentioned that it is okay for him to look where he is passing, thank the Lord. His obsession with the no-look had become almost a treatable mental illness.

There is a hell of a lot riding on this kid's large shoulders .... in form and playing smart ... he has the ability to counter-balance any possible loss of Tommy ... I hope, and wish him well ... we need him.

I have never doubted the Shu's bag of talents, or physical ability .. (fitness aside) .. to get the job done. ... his reported training, and attitude adjustment seems to be on the path of correcting this part of his game.

My biggest concern has been his decision making, what I see as an over reliance on making the low percentage, highlight reel play ... these plays, the X factor brilliance, are match winners and a blessing to have ... but knowing when to pull the trigger, and when not to .. is the difference between a 1st grade star, and a juniors show pony. His first responsibility as a half, is to get the best out of the other 12 blokes on the field...

In this, I am encouraged by Seib's comments, that Flannagan is in his ear, and has mentioned that it is okay for him to look where he is passing, thank the Lord. His obsession with the no-look had become almost a treatable mental illness.

There is a hell of a lot riding on this kid's large shoulders .... in form and playing smart ... he has the ability to counter-balance any possible loss of Tommy ... I hope, and wish him well ... we need him.
He's still young. Halves mature at 24-25. He will learn and get better. Just have to let him make his mistakes.

I might be going off early here, but Shuster, with ball in hand 3rd or 4th tackle on the opponents 20m line is just something I can't wait for.
Very happy for him to try his luck, hold on to the ball and crash over in that situation, especially 1:1 with his opposing half.

I recall a game when beaver was playing at 6 and he simply dropped a hip into his opponent Jamie Soward and strolled over for a try. A big strong half adds a different point of attack.

My sense is that Seibs is on the same page as you. He talks as though impressed with his talent but is very cautious about committing, let alone waxing lyrical.

Very happy for him to try his luck, hold on to the ball and crash over in that situation, especially 1:1 with his opposing half.

I recall a game when beaver was playing at 6 and he simply dropped a hip into his opponent Jamie Soward and strolled over for a try. A big strong half adds a different point of attack.
Yeah, I can see Shoe doing a lot of dummy and run plays, if he uses the no lookers sparingly it will be an even greater weapon. Shoe's big and robust and will be hard to contain/stop.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2