The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
i don’t see word like you do, in the 70 s that made you a moron, later you were dyslexic , but people can view what you write as disrespectful, I’m sorry to offend anyone. Irony is it took me 30 minutes writing that paragraph , endless mistakes. I refrain from further posting, I thought this might happen.
I found it as an insightful post mate - if I let spelling stop me I wouldn't have a job! 😀

i don’t see word like you do, in the 70 s that made you a moron, later you were dyslexic , but people can view what you write as disrespectful, I’m sorry to offend anyone. Irony is it took me 30 minutes writing that paragraph , endless mistakes. I refrain from further posting, I thought this might happen.
Keep posting mate I enjoy the read and we all have our faults..

It was a great post. Keep posting and ignore the pedants. Dyslexia's a bastard, especially undiagnosed, which still, incredibly, happens today.
Far better to have worked to overcome something than sail along in mediocrity lime many a keyboard warrior does.

Watching Weeks and Toula playing together in the lower grades a few years back is the only real comparison I have , Weeks at fullback , Toula in the centres. Toula was more likely to score a freak try, largely from his acceleration. Weeks was busier, not just playing FB , but he occasional occupied 1st receiver and did a bit with good passing and had game awareness. As mentioned a bloody shame he wasn't given the odd 1st grade game time. Maybe half the backline will be sidelined by round 10 and Weeks will actually be needed. Whatever the coaches decide I hope they keep encouraging him to aim high, so we at least have a better gauge on what he offers than 1 game in a flood. Same goes for Gordon , Latu and Fifita (man he can hit), with limited chances of making big signings (maybe) we need to get the most from our inhouse talent.
I wonder if Weekes could become a 'manufactured halfback' like Jarome Hughes has. Or even Cronk, though he's a totally different style of course.
When you have someone with talent you have to find a spot for them somewhere. We've got a top halfback right now (yes yes I know) but we do need to start preparing seriously for the eventual transition.

Watching Weeks and Toula playing together in the lower grades a few years back is the only real comparison I have , Weeks at fullback , Toula in the centres. Toula was more likely to score a freak try, largely from his acceleration. Weeks was busier, not just playing FB , but he occasional occupied 1st receiver and did a bit with good passing and had game awareness. As mentioned a bloody shame he wasn't given the odd 1st grade game time. Maybe half the backline will be sidelined by round 10 and Weeks will actually be needed. Whatever the coaches decide I hope they keep encouraging him to aim high, so we at least have a better gauge on what he offers than 1 game in a flood. Same goes for Gordon , Latu and Fifita (man he can hit), with limited chances of making big signings (maybe) we need to get the most from our inhouse talent.
Good post. Please keep contributing and ignore the occasional personal criticisms that some feel the necessity to post.

Jonduke, very well expressed and its obvious that you have a broad manner of thinking and try to see things through other's eyes.

We all of course have different perspectives. Doesnt make us right, only right for eack of us at that particular time. We also all express ourselves differently. One of the flaws of political correctness is that the meaning used in some expressions by one person doesnt necessarily carry the same meaning for another. We each are a product of a lifetimes of experiences and conditionings, as well as elements of our own nature, that bring us to conclusions at a particular time that seem right to us. Our perspective. To dismiss another's perspective is naive and somewhat arrogant, because it implies we know more than someone else. We dont. We just know things from a different point of view. Neither are right or wrong.

Keep posting Jonduke. I dont have to agree with you but I always should respect your perspective. Its just as rich and valid as mine.

Good post man - I have no excuse for my ****e!

Depth is key but it requires balance and giving the depth players as much game time as possible which is something Des failed to do last year with Weekes towards the end of the season. I hope the new coaching brains trust start utilising and developing the good young talent we have waiting for a shot.

Really not sure what to make of some future or near future halves playing arrangements . Made a concerted effort to keep Latu Fainu in the fold for , was it 4 years from season 22 ? . Then re signing D C E for 24 and 25 , anticipating Schuster to maybe be the 6 in the short term at least . Trying to find a spot for Weekes who apart from handling full back , should be able to manage a i st grade 6 role . Guess that it comes down to priorities but again would be intrigued to be aware of the general planning intentions for the halves going forward

Woody, time for you to go into a coma.

The Schu now has the look pass to add to his no look pass .💕 big 2023 is a coming.

Sorry to ruin your year as I know how u luv to dis the Schu.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221207_115901_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20221207_115901_Instagram.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 50
Woody, time for you to go into a coma.

The Schu now has the look pass to add to his no look pass .💕 big 2023 is a coming.

Sorry to ruin your year as I know how u luv to dis the Schu.
Schuster's no look pass could be even more lethal if used sparingly. And also, would give his dummy and run plays more headaches for the opposition to figure out what's coming next.

Schuster's no look pass could be even more lethal if used sparingly. And also, would give his dummy and run plays more headaches for the opposition to figure out what's coming next.

Schu will become the next Warnie with a bunch of different passes to bamboozle the opposition.
Let's go 2023!!

Last edited:
Really not sure what to make of some future or near future halves playing arrangements . Made a concerted effort to keep Latu Fainu in the fold for , was it 4 years from season 22 ? . Then re signing D C E for 24 and 25 , anticipating Schuster to maybe be the 6 in the short term at least . Trying to find a spot for Weekes who apart from handling full back , should be able to manage a i st grade 6 role . Guess that it comes down to priorities but again would be intrigued to be aware of the general planning intentions for the halves going forward
Yep, good questions/thought. Will have to wait and see what direction the new coaching staff take.

Don’t worry about it, keep posting mate, you obviously have watched a few lower grade games and i for one appreciate reading about them.

Hey Jonduke

Accept the great quality person that you are

Accept that we are all see life from a different perspective

Accept that no one is understood and liked by all but every one is understood and liked by some including some of us like me on this forum

When you accept all these facts you never will feel inferior to any one

Looking forward to your great posts and Merry Christmas to you and all your loves ones :)

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7