The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
Perhaps we could recruit Doueihi to play in our spine? 🙄
If he is fitish Freddy picks him. Even if we get to keep TT, missing DCE Jake and maybe Ola will be rough.
We can always hope for a Freddy Farrrkknuckle brain explosion and leave Jake out for at least game 1?

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
Hit the nail on the head, we won the game despite difficulties and an absolutely desperate opponent.
We've only lost 2 games all season and one of those we were ripped off on a bad forward pass call.
But yes so many negatives we may as well give up on this season and start a rebuild (joking).
We just need to rebuild Schu and Tom. But yes we're doing ok considering how little we've had those 2 contributing.

EOL now nesting on the GC

Official NRL commentator of the UK Royal Family
Premium Member
Tipping Member
We just need to rebuild Schu and Tom. But yes we're doing ok considering how little we've had those 2 contributing.
im really concerned about Tom. it looks like he's just confused and doesn't trust his body.

Go back to 2021 and he just played footy. ran hard, ran fast and it all came together. He looks broken to the core at the moment.

Getting chased down by a prop forward today was the nail in the coffin.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
im really concerned about Tom. it looks like he's just confused and doesn't trust his body.

Go back to 2021 and he just played footy. ran hard, ran fast and it all came together. He looks broken to the core at the moment.

Every time I watch him run it reminds me of horses trotting in an equestrian event. It just seems so ridiculously unnatural. If it’s moving towards a new healthy running style I can understand, but that is probably something like a 6 month project and not to be done in the middle of a heated combative NRL game.

Hibyemama

Reserve Grader
Every time I watch him run it reminds me of horses trotting in an equestrian event. It just seems so ridiculously unnatural. If it’s moving towards a new healthy running style I can understand, but that is probably something like a 6 month project and not to be done in the middle of a heated combative NRL game.
Latrell went over to Knowles but he didnt end up running like Tom. strange

winnyason

Bencher

Yeah my concern spoke to my eagles mad brother.
Are his hammies turned to crap and can't run properly for good ala Matt moylan ?
I know it sounds dramatic but I am onboard with shifting him to Centres for a bit like souths did with Gi.

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Yeah my concern spoke to my eagles mad brother.
Are his hammies turned to crap and can't run properly for good ala Matt moylan ?
I know it sounds dramatic but I am onboard with shifting him to Centres for a bit like souths did with Gi.
I think he would do better at five-eight than centre considering both his recovery, and the ball playing role he is currently playing for us. However, I dont believe we should pick him at all until he is clearly not playing injured. Same applies to Schuster who seems to have put on 10 kgs since the preseason.

winnyason

Bencher
I think he would do better at five-eight than centre considering his both his recovery, and the ball playing role he is currently playing for us. However, I dont believe we should pick him at all until he is clearly not playing injured. Same applies to Schuster who seems to have put on 10 kgs since the preseason.
Yeah I did think of 6. Is he injuried or is this Yankie making him run weird ??
Don't get me wrong he still makes a difference but he has zero speed.
Schuster yeah I worry about soft tissue injuries

Kalvin

Bencher
could have done with a ducks and drakes utility on the bench today. pretty poor decision by the coaching team really.
And before anyone goes off and mentions easy in hindsight lets just look at the facts.

1. we have a glass-brittle champion fullback at the moment that always looks broken.
2. we have the shoe whos out more than in and looks really unfit.
4. we have Hank the tank in the centers that gets knocked out on a regular basis.

so to run with 4 forwards one of which was woods was a huge drop of the ball.
100% and even if you don't take the above into account, it is basically a given in the modern game that you will cop an injury or hia to an outside back basically every game... there was only room for keppie or Woods today, not both!

Scorpio

Armchair Expert
It could be a good thing to see Schu should go back to the second row

As part of their remit, forwards need to take ugly hit-ups and make metres to get the team on the front foot.

I have never seen Josh do this particularly well in his 40 or so NRL matches to date... Most of which were in the second row.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I see a young man who gave up representing his country to work a whole off season getting himself fit and firing for the season. As far as I (we) can see, he did everything he could and probably more than a lot of 'stars' his age.

I'm as disappointed as everyone else with his injuries but I wont resort to calling a young man playing a brutal sport useless, uncommitted, or a waste of salary cap either.

Injuries are frustrating but we all look foward to see the magic he can bring to Manlys' game.

It's tough when we look at the spine and see an injured fullback and 5/8th, a halfback who is more off the cuff than directing a team, and a makeshift hooker as our preferred one is er, doing time, but I'll happily take second place on the ladder.

All the best Josh!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
10 7 3 69 16
12 7 5 135 14
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13