The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Still missing the point. You'll notice throughout my comments about players that I challenge perspective. I'm not saying I'm right at all. I'm trying to allow the evidence to guide me. Whether Schuster is playing well or up to standard is not the point. I don't know personally. I'm just saying that we should look at what evidence suggests. Its about the principle of following the evidence to seek what is most probable . I'm saying that perspective colours your way of looking at something, and I'm demonstrating through stats or evidence in general, that how we see things and are influenced by what others tell us, often doesn't fit what the evidence suggests. Forget my point of view. Its about evidence vs perspective.

In the job I had, I had to write thousands of court reports which included personal histories and motivations. I was cross examined frequently about what I had written and had to ensure what I wrote was based on evidence not conjecture. If I had written through just a perspective, I would have been crucified. So I had to as best I could step out from my biases and look only at the factual evidence before me as dispassionately as I could. Not perfect by any stretch, but better than operating purely on what my perception and personal biases were telling. me. That's all I am doing here. I'm not giving a personal opinion without substantiation. I'm not judging, I'm merely trying to stress that how we see things is always coloured and so we must sit back and allow the evidence to guide us, not to prove our opinion, but to reveal what is the most probable explanation. That in essence is what I seek to do. Its ingrained.
I claim there is a larger body of evidence to suggest that Schuster struggles with fitness, form and injuries, yet you keep referring to his successful 2021 season. Do we only bother with certain pieces of evidence?

Come on Tramby old mate, you're not having a go at me for repeating myself. Surely not.
No , not aimed at anyone specifically, but you’d have to agree the cynicism level has slowly been ramping up recently.

That’s my comment.

By the way I never attack anyone personally , it’s always just views / opinions , and it’s no dramas to differ.

Although I know some don’t take that view

No , not aimed at anyone specifically, but you’d have to agree the cynicism level has slowly been ramping up recently.

That’s my comment.

By the way I never attack anyone personally , it’s always just views / opinions , and it’s no dramas to differ.

Although I know some don’t take that view
I actually love exchanging opinions with you Mark. You stick to your guns and remain unapologetic in doing so. And you never run away like a sook. One might say you engage an opposing view in a good old Australian manner. Keep it up, and continue telling us how Woodsy cost us nothing.

I actually love exchanging opinions with you Mark. You stick to your guns and remain unapologetic in doing so. And you never run away like a sook. One might say you engage an opposing view in a good old Australian manner. Keep it up, and continue telling us how Woodsy cost us nothing.
Well that IS a fact !!

And I’ll always stick to my views , until, irrefutable proof changes that.

I’ve been proven wrong before , many times , and happy to admit it.

Until then , yes I’ll stick to my guns

There are parts (and I emphasise... parts) of his game that to me seemed pretty average or inconsistent, which is fine as he was a rookie. The problem is that I haven't yet seen much evidence that he has got much better at those things since 2021.

For example... Hitting the opposition line at pace and making good post-contact metres with the ball in hand, running a good line off one of the halves and busting through the defence, getting a quick play-the-ball, or showing good speed or leg drive.

This is what a forward (especially one on over $600k) is required to do, otherwise the rest of the squad will have to pick up the slack. Whether he can or will improve on those things, or just be another #6 on an edge, is to be seen.
What’s this forwards hitting the line with pace caper you speak of ?

We have one of the biggest most damaging runners in the comp walking onto the ball every run now

Don’t think it is part of Seibolds master plan

Schuster is due for a big game tomorrow. We should have a bit of go forward coming off the bench, and if Gordon gets picked it might give us some real spark around the ruck when the big boys start to tire. I don't get the Croker hate, it's not his fault that our coach has overused him all season. Imagine the impact Croker would have if he was afforded a rest either side of halftime. Selecting GCKT for a Soni Luke type role is an absolute no brainer.

Schuster and dce have different skills but they both bring a lack of direct play to the side in both attack and kicking

schuster has had a few seasons and a dozen games in the halves. DCE a million games

in fairness schuster has provided more attack than DCE even though his season has been pretty unsettled at best. Players outside of shoe look more likely despite having less skill overall

how anyone can slam the shoe and praise chez is beyond me

yes dce has had a better season, but the return over a number of seasons is probably no better than what the shoe brings

dce has dug deep in patches, played some inspirational moments, but still lacks most of the things people have slammed the shoe for.

except for
attitude and fitness aside.
but attitude covers a lot including a lack of awareness and responsibility

again for his fans, dce has had a better year, showed some leadership but still cant get us across the line without backing up tom and thats both sad, and a huge indicator of his attitude to commit defenders and take a shot in the name of ball playing

its the bread and butter of a 7

not sticking up for shoe
not really bagging dce
just astounded by forum attitude to the same **** show on the left compared to right

maybe next year brooksy and tom can get us there

also if DCE cant play good because of the pack, the hooker, global warming, and the price of potatos why should schuster shine under the same conditions

Schuster and dce have different skills but they both bring a lack of direct play to the side in both attack and kicking

schuster has had a few seasons and a dozen games in the halves. DCE a million games

in fairness schuster has provided more attack than DCE even though his season has been pretty unsettled at best. Players outside of shoe look more likely despite having less skill overall

yes dce has had a better season, but the return over a number of seasons is probably no better than what the shoe brings

dce has dug deep in patches, played some inspirational moments, but still lacks most of the things people have slammed the shoe for.

except for

again for his fans, dce has had a better year, showed some leadership but still cant get us across the line without backing up tom and thats both sad, and a huge indicator of his attitude to commit defenders and take a shot in the name of ball playing

not sticking up for shoe
not really bagging dce
just astounded by forum attitude to the same **** show on the left compared to right

also if DCE cant play good because of the pack, the hooker, global warming, and the price of potatos why should schuster shine under the same conditions
I think it’s easier to forgive the occasional dce shortcomings when he’s always trying his best. Generally dce only has average games when the pack is well beaten. Schuster on the other hand looks disinterested, doesn’t go looking for tough Carrys and is often non committal in defence. Dce has won us many games off his own back. I’m yet to see schu do that. These two aren’t in the same ballpark at this stage.

except for

not sticking up for shoe
not really bagging dce

Mate, if you cannot let go of your vendetta towards Chez (or at least stay silent) after the year he has had then it really is not gonna matter what he does going forward…

We could win consecutive GFs with Chez as CCM and you would find a way to criticise him…

I get that you are balls in on the whole “Chez is our greatest issue” thing but the fact that you can even propose that Schu is on the same level (“the return over a number of seasons is probably no better than what the Schu brings”- seriously WTF??) will do me… DCE won a CCM in a losing GF side at the same stage of his career as the Schu is at - and his level the last 2 years is light years beyond that…

Did you even watch today’s game? Everything came off the back of DCE… Schu had 2 runs for about 5m and one good one-on-one tackle… and this (the standard of both players today) happens REGULARLY… Schu has had 2 games in his career where you could genuinely say “we won today because of Schu”

The kid may end up great but, right now, you are way off mate…

except for

not sticking up for shoe
not really bagging dce

You'd be the only person who doesn't think DCE is in career best form this season. Are you colour blind? I think you might be watching Brendan Wakeham running around for the Tigers? Just look for the team logo to prevent any ongoing confusion.

I wish The Shoe would challenge the line more. He is a big body, but terribly slow for a 5/8.
I find our whole style of play ponderous, compared to most of the teams on the top eight who are much more up-tempo. Even Guacca, potentially the best second rower in the NRL, is flat-footed and doesn't wind up.
Our pack was terrific today when they had possession and were fresh. But we struggled when Cronulla was with the ball due to our lack of speed and tiredness due to carrying around so much weight.

Mate, if you cannot let go of your vendetta towards Chez (or at least stay silent) after the year he has had then it really is not gonna matter what he does going forward…

We could win consecutive GFs with Chez as CCM and you would find a way to criticise him…

I get that you are balls in on the whole “Chez is our greatest issue” thing but the fact that you can even propose that Schu is on the same level (“the return over a number of seasons is probably no better than what the Schu brings”- seriously WTF??) will do me… DCE won a CCM in a losing GF side at the same stage of his career as the Schu is at - and his level the last 2 years is light years beyond that…

Did you even watch today’s game? Everything came off the back of DCE… Schu had 2 runs for about 5m and one good one-on-one tackle… and this (the standard of both players today) happens REGULARLY… Schu has had 2 games in his career where you could genuinely say “we won today because of Schu”

The kid may end up great but, right now, you are way off mate…
100% Agree 👍

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8