The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Reality is a bitch to be endured by us all , fat contracts and hangers on wont teach him a thing. Personally i would love him to go to the UK for a year , find himself. Sam Burgess and no distractions might be just what he needs.

Maybe schuster is just the new Shane Neumann…
Possibly one of the worst players to ever pull on a manly jersey.. every single game he played for us he cost us the game.. either letting in try’s or spilling the ball on every single set letting opponents back into the games…

Then he would go back to Reggie’s and score hat tricks and get man of the match… that was just his level…

Schuster has a lot more ability than Shane, but so far all he’s shown is that he’s lazy, disinterested and only bothers going for the “highlight reel” plays instead of getting in and doing the tough stuff

Real question is or should be whether he is capable of replicating and returning to
his very impressive form for the majority of season 21 , mainly playing on an edge and also at one stage being considered good and talented enough for origin level .
If Sunday's effort is any guide even at N S W cup level , every indication that he still has his good all round skill level and ability to use to best effect .
Taking into account that Bulldogs N S W cup side is of a pretty fair standard .
Match and individual fitness and competitive outlook also obviously looks to be the main requirement or starting point in order to have Shu at his best again
The raw power. and ability of Haumole on one edge next season and the skill level and also undoubted ability of Shu on the other all going well , should provide a pretty good level of competitiveness at least in that area .
That 's the positive side and really can not see why it can "t pan out that way all things normal

"ALL EYES WERE ON

If Seibold was looking for a response from Josh Schuster, he certainly got one. Schuster was dropped after taking zero runs in the second row for Manly in Round 25.

He played his preferred position of five-eighth to steer feeder side Blacktown to a crucial 32-22 win over the Bulldogs. The 22-year-old set up three tries, got a linebreak, two linebreak assists, three tackle busts and ran for 98 metres while also making 10 tackles with zero misses.

Unfortunately for Blacktown, he hasn’t played enough NSW Cup games this season to feature in finals."

"ALL EYES WERE ON

If Seibold was looking for a response from Josh Schuster, he certainly got one. Schuster was dropped after taking zero runs in the second row for Manly in Round 25.

He played his preferred position of five-eighth to steer feeder side Blacktown to a crucial 32-22 win over the Bulldogs. The 22-year-old set up three tries, got a linebreak, two linebreak assists, three tackle busts and ran for 98 metres while also making 10 tackles with zero misses.

Unfortunately for Blacktown, he hasn’t played enough NSW Cup games this season to feature in finals."

I wonder if Clayton is a chance of jagging a development contract next year. He has certainly been impressive.

I wonder if Clayton is a chance of jagging a development contract next year. He has certainly been impressive.
Don’t forget we signed talau and Paulo.
Yeah it's probably up front we need to bolster before adding more backs.
Des was very old school (get enough props then get a couple more) so will be interesting to see Seibold put his stamp on the squad. I was shocked by the Brooks signing but looks like a clever move.
For forwards, does Matterson have a future here? Has Boyle run out of time? Woods, Fulton?

Thank you @Brookie Bob

I am a very big fan of the very talented Shu and happy for him and for his financial Investment

What I am not happy about is the poor return our Legendary club has received from the underperforming talented Shuster

Our Legendary club deserves better

Lower our Legendary clubs Great Standards and we stand for nothing Great
1693540073132.png

Yeah hope he uses the last two games as motivation to work hard in the off-season. Must be tough for him seeing how the team went without him there.

The real talking point today could be Jake Arthur. He's involvement in just a couple of games at 5/8 just leaves the shoe for dead. Had some really good touches too. It's not like shoe wasn't given every opportunity this year. My biggest Criticisim of Seibold this year, I think he left the non performing shoe at 6 for way way to long. He should have been finding his motivation in ressies months ago

The real talking point today could be Jake Arthur. He's involvement in just a couple of games at 5/8 just leaves the shoe for dead. Had some really good touches too. It's not like shoe wasn't given every opportunity this year. My biggest Criticisim of Seibold this year, I think he left the non performing shoe at 6 for way way to long. He should have been finding his motivation in ressies months ago
Agree Shu needs work but we played two of the worst teams I have seen for a long long time so would not over value his performance

The Shoe is not even close to the top 17 when everyone is fit and firing. Has a long long long road back for mine.

Shu at his best is the most creative player we have. His try assists speak to that. Its just that he doesn't involve himself, impose himself, enough. In the Reggies game he did and the outcome was not unexpected. Not sure why he doesn't take the game by the neck because he does have the skills. Hopefully with free rein next year and Turbo back, we'll see more of his unique skill

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8