The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
400k of that is already paid.

So the question is

600k for someone not to show up the next 3.5 years.

Or 2.275mil for this version of Schu to show up.
I'm not sure how the 400k for this year so far (6months) comes from, the reports were 800k/yr for the next 3 years, lets not forget its just a report in the paper and the final details will be kept in house, even the 800k was said to be overstated.

We just have to pick up another unwanted player where another club is paying freight to offset the loss. There is plenty of this stuff floating about

Here you go Josh, here's 200k/yr for the next three years to do absolutely nothing.
My boy will be 150kg in no time, that'll be the end of his NRL "dream".
Yeah, it's a good goodbye present alright. Hope we've learnt a good lesson out of this fiasco. We rushed in to sign Schuster on crazy money because other clubs were circling. I'm not sure, but didn't we sign Brooks before we offered Schuster that crazy mega deal.

They won the minor prem and premiership the year Ben died.
He died 1992, they went from Premiers in 1991 to 9th in 1992 then 12th the following year, and MG went from being one of the most feared forwards in the game to playing for the Umina Bunnies

I'm not sure how the 400k for this year so far (6months) comes from, the reports were 800k/yr for the next 3 years, lets not forget its just a report in the paper and the final details will be kept in house, even the 800k was said to be overstated.
My understanding is he is on 800k and he next contract was to be 625k (despite what various reports say).

But I like 99% have no actual idea

Well I guess it is like anything in life, it is how you frame it.

You can red frame it and say, gee we are hamstrung 200k a year the next three years.

Or alternatively through a green frame you can say, okay we have an extra $425k a year to spend on a contributing player.

Now ideally we could go back in time and no re-sign him but we arent no Marty Mcflys so this is our situation. The other ideal would have been that Josh turn it around here but obviously that ship has well and truely sailed.

So it all comes down to this. Do with think we are better served over the next 3 years with a 625k Schuster in his current state stuggling in reserve grade or a $425k player in the squad giving their absolute best.

Give me a Tre Mooney who I think we'd easily get under 425k the next three years any day of the week.

The frustrating thing for me, is Zac Lomax (an absolute baller), was released from a huge contract by The Dragons, who will be paying 0 freight. How were they able to negotiate that? Why are we releasing players like AFB (without compensation)? Why are we releasing players like Sam Fainu (the exact type of forward we are lacking and need) & Latu Fainu (and getting 0 compensation).

Not sure you watched NSW Cup the other week, but did you see Tuitavake, but more importantly Fifita? He was the best forward on the field by some (and again, we received 0 compensation) - actually, Aaron Woods (who was more of a salary cap dump in my opinion - often happens in the NHL).

Our recruitment / retention is so damned frustrating. We NEED a marquee signing to show the league world we are serious again. I get Brooks has been great (literally amazing tbh). But he was at a cross-roads in his career, with The Tigers low-balling him a contract, then demanding he decide by a certain date.

We have the 4th worst defense in the entire NRL (only Titans, Rabbits, Eels worse than us). We are VERY slow, heavy, immobile around our middles. There was a time last weekend we had Woods, Jake & Lodge on. That's not indicative of a fast moving, explosive and mobile pack. Imagine then adding Schuster to that - last season, when he made a break, he couldn't run 40 metres.

I'm trying my best to frame things with a green border. But jeez, we need some young, fresh, explosive bulls either coming through, or brought in. Show not only the league world, but the existing players we are serious about winning a premiership.

The frustrating thing for me, is Zac Lomax (an absolute baller), was released from a huge contract by The Dragons, who will be paying 0 freight. How were they able to negotiate that? Why are we releasing players like AFB (without compensation)? Why are we releasing players like Sam Fainu (the exact type of forward we are lacking and need) & Latu Fainu (and getting 0 compensation).

Not sure you watched NSW Cup the other week, but did you see Tuitavake, but more importantly Fifita? He was the best forward on the field by some (and again, we received 0 compensation) - actually, Aaron Woods (who was more of a salary cap dump in my opinion - often happens in the NHL).

Our recruitment / retention is so damned frustrating. We NEED a marquee signing to show the league world we are serious again. I get Brooks has been great (literally amazing tbh). But he was at a cross-roads in his career, with The Tigers low-balling him a contract, then demanding he decide by a certain date.

We have the 4th worst defense in the entire NRL (only Titans, Rabbits, Eels worse than us). We are VERY slow, heavy, immobile around our middles. There was a time last weekend we had Woods, Jake & Lodge on. That's not indicative of a fast moving, explosive and mobile pack. Imagine then adding Schuster to that - last season, when he made a break, he couldn't run 40 metres.

I'm trying my best to frame things with a green border. But jeez, we need some young, fresh, explosive bulls either coming through, or brought in. Show not only the league world, but the existing players we are serious about winning a premiership.
Mate the difference between Lomax and Schuster is not hard to figure out.

One is in the best form of his career and in Origin calculations, the other can barely break a jog playing park footy.

Of course the Eels are happy to pay Lomax his whole value, the Dragons wouldn't let him go for any less. Which club would be stupid enough to take on the whole value of Schuster's contract right now?

The club's only options are to tear up his contract - which out of compassion they have chosen not to do, or negotiate a settlement.

A Watmough would be a godsend.

Liam Martin
1713741314078.jpeg

I'll talk to the releasing part rather then the second half cause I agree we need to improve defense and ruck speed and a young forward or two would be nice.

On Lomax that issue is completely different to Schuster....worlds apart.

Lomax is a player in great form who desperately wanted out. He had clubs interested and was willing to take a pay cut. Thus there was no great negotiating from Saints.

Lomax's situation is closer to AFBs. You'll note neither club got compensation. Same for the well run Panthers with JFH. If a player is on huge money and is seriously agitating you it becomes a cost benefit on holding strong (Hunt) and cutting your losses (Lomax). Generally if they arent a spine player better to cut your losses.

The Fainu situation is interesting....I agree I think both players are going to be huge. I assume there is more to it from the mil combined salary, to Tartek, to the Manase situation and off field flare ups.....dunno.

Fifita and Alec I think the club decided weren't going to make it so let them go.
Both 23 and can't make firsts at St George. Not to say they wont have careers but not sure we are going to rue either.

Mate the difference between Lomax and Schuster is not hard to figure out.

One is in the best form of his career and in Origin calculations, the other can barely break a jog playing park footy.

Of course the Eels are happy to pay Lomax his whole value, the Dragons wouldn't let him go for any less. Which club would be stupid enough to take on the whole value of Schuster's contract right now?

The club's only options are to tear up his contract - which out of compassion they have chosen not to do, or negotiate a settlement.
…. Parramatta!

If he ends up at a club like Melbourne and Penrith (who now have a warchest), lookout in my opinion. He'll end up being an absolute world beater.

Remember Sulis weight problems here before heading off to the Dragons.
It won’t be just because it’s Melbourne or Penrith… if that scenario plays out it will be due to Schu working through his stuff. He may choose to use that story as part of his motivation to turn his life around, but that could have happened here too.

It won’t be just because it’s Melbourne or Penrith… if that scenario plays out it will be due to Schu working through his stuff. He may choose to use that story as part of his motivation to turn his life around, but that could have happened here too.
Yeah, that's my point mate, why oh why can't we just make it work here? Pay a PT full time to be his motivator, dietician and exercise commander if we have to. GIVE him special treatment if he needs it, it'll be worth it, I just know.

Yeah, that's my point mate, why oh why can't we just make it work here? Pay a PT full time to be his motivator, dietician and exercise commander if we have to. GIVE him special treatment if he needs it, it'll be worth it, I just know.
In very simplistic terms… for Schu, there was not enough pain to move away from certain behaviours or states, and/or not enough motivation to do things differently at this time… weird for us looking in, but at some level it has been easier for Schu (from his perspective) to not make those changes now. Giving him all the resources you mention may help (if it hasn’t been tried already), but I doubt it… Think of that friend who drinks and turns into an a$$hole (and despite friends telling him so, he continues anyway), or that friend who keeps going out with the same type of dead$hit that treats them badly… Frustrating for us fans, absolutely… but human frailty.

Unfortunately it won’t be that easy if he is suffering from anxiety, depression or Post traumatic stress.

Just sayin’

The Schu is a fulltime professional player . He has had all the motivation training etc at his disposal at Manly

As for special treatment . Having the honor to be playing for Manly is Special and any player that does not have the passion do his best playing in a Manly jumper should be not playing for Manly

Life is all about taking our opportunities when they come
Schuster has not done that and now he is gone
There is nothing else to say here now except We wish the Schu all the best accept if he ever plays against Manly
As for Manly it is now our opportunity to find a very good impact player and fill the void

Unfortunately it won’t be that easy if he is suffering from anxiety, depression or Post traumatic stress.

Just sayin’
Making it as a Great footballer at Manly is Great
But we can all become Great people off the field and contribute in Many other ways

I hope we can all Be Great today and Contribute and Inspire Greatness where ever we are and what ever we are doing

Have a Great day feathered friends

1713743859057.png

The Schu is a fulltime professional player . He has had all the motivation training etc at his disposal at Manly

As for special treatment . Having the honor to be playing for Manly is Special and any player that does not have the passion do his best playing in a Manly jumper should be not playing for Manly

Life is all about taking our opportunities when they come
Schuster has not done that and now he is gone
There is nothing else to say here now except We wish the Schu all the best accept if he ever plays against Manly
As for Manly it is now our opportunity to find a very good impact player and fill the void

I mean, there's a LOT more to unpack than just "that" when it comes to people's personal situation's, personalities, motivation's, mental health, families / friends etc @BOZO

Mental health is a key driver in all these aspects, and mental health can also be affected by so much.

He's a human being mate, as well as a footy player is what I'm saying. Get the off field stuff right, that's actually a whole lot of the work done there, mate. I just hope, we dotted all our i's and crossed all our t's here, because when it comes to this off field stuff, I lack a lot of faith in our club.

For example (and this is one of many I have):

Manly stated they wanted Steve Matai to be medically retired & weren't happy about the process with the NRL. I wrote a very long complaint to the NRL about it, and they wrote back to me saying Manly hadn't even put in a submission / request (or had been contacted by the club about it), and that if they did, it would be considered.

Anyways, just my thought's.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8