The only change that can save Des

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

hozza

Bencher
Naturally could not rule anything out but then who would be available to just slot in then and not cause too much disruption and to be able to impart something better . But can see your point if spoon territory is looming . B T W should have mentioned trajectory instead of projectory ; bit of a lapse there ] bit like Manly 's present defence or should that be overall form .
Very valid point on who would take over. My hope is that they are already speaking to candidates behind the scenes. Another bonus to bringing in a new coach this early is that they get a chance to reshape our roster more to there liking for NEXT season. Wait till the end of the season and most , if not all quality players will have been snapped up by other clubs..

manly al

First Grader
Would not be so bad if D C E could consistently play up to or near his pay grade and as the Highest paid player in the league . Tom is certainly worth his money if he can just avoid his injury problems and perform to his best level . Jake , bit like D C E"s circumstances and was just a fortunate recipient of a bigger contract then proportionate to his ability [ to date overall at least ] , to ensure he and Tom stayed . As for volunteering for pay cuts , maybe doable for the odd N R L player when renegotiating but for already existing contracts , Buckleys unfortunately .

manly al

First Grader
Very valid point on who would take over. My hope is that they are already speaking to candidates behind the scenes. Another bonus to bringing in a new coach this early is that they get a chance to reshape our roster more to there liking for NEXT season. Wait till the end of the season and most , if not all quality players will have been snapped up by other clubs..
fortunately still have Schuster , Koula and Houmole on the books for next season but would certainly prefer longer including Saddler and maybe a couple of other up and comers . As for coaches when sides are under performing , who knows what goes on behind the scenes

madmax

Bencher
Would you rather he gets his development in first grade, even if off the bench? Or have him (and lets face it, his manager) unhappy playing for Blacktown and then get poached by a Chooks or Souffs where he goes on to be a superstar?
The kid played ok yesterday, however he may be disillusioned that he’s played so well in other games yet he’s continually missing out on the top grade. At his age it would be hard to put in the effort every week with the expectation of selection in 1st grade only to be dropped in favour of other average players. Every other club takes risks with the special talented youngsters they have & are reaping the rewards. Bradman Best, Tesi Niu, Tex Hoy, Blake Brailey, Tabuai-Fidow, 3/4 of the Panthers team, Lachlan Lam, Sam Walker, Joseph Suaalii, Shaun Blore, Diane Laurie.....should I go on? We have Schuster, Olakau’atu, Saddler, Koula, Ben T, Cust, Birt etc. I guarantee if we had Robinson as coach these guys would be heavily involved in 1st grade yet our coach perseveres with Parker, Garrick, Croker, Taufua, Gosiewski & other non performers. How many fvcking chances do these players get yet the youngsters get zero chance to impress! I’ll bet my Jatz crackers we’d win a hell of a lot more games, or at least be competitive, with a risk or three! I’m done.....

Last edited:

Kez

Reserve Grader
The kid played ok yesterday, however he may be disillusioned that he’s played so well in other games yet he’s continually missing out on the top grade. At his age it would be hard to put in the effort every week with the expectation of selection in 1st grade only to be dropped in favour of other average players. Every other club takes risks with the special talented youngsters they have & are reaping the rewards. Bradman Best, Tesi Niu, Tex Hoy, Blake Brailey, Tabuai-Fidow, 3/4 of the Panthers team, Lachlan Lam, Sam Walker, Joseph Suaalii, Shaun Blore, Diane Laurie.....should I go on? We have Schuster, Olakau’atu, Saddler, Koula, Ben T, Cust, Birt etc. I guarantee if we had Robinson as coach these guys would be heavily involved in 1st grade yet our coach perseveres with Parker, Garrick, Croker, Taufua, Gosiewski & other non performers. How many fvcking chances do these players get yet the youngsters get zero chance to impress! I’m done.....
Schuster seemed distracted yesterday prob trying to work des out lol

Nordburg

First Grader
Not sure if there’s any relevance to the issues that seem to have risen in the last 6 months behind the scenes,but I just read that Suli,Fainu,Schuster,Saab,Olakau’at and Funa are all managed by the same company.It may mean nothing at all but we all know how managers work

Franko

Reserve Grader
Not sure if there’s any relevance to the issues that seem to have risen in the last 6 months behind the scenes,but I just read that Suli,Fainu,Schuster,Saab,Olakau’at and Funa are all managed by the same company.It may mean nothing at all but we all know how managers work

I wonder how that lot will go when Fainu is found guilty and sacked

Mataiforever

Bencher
99% of those juniors Fulton is bringing through are the type of kids that carve up in their age group but soon as they start playing fully grown experienced men,they are found wanting.I’m going go against the tide and say I’m not convinced about Schuster yet.He played 1 half of first grade last year, had 1 no look pass that eventually led to a try,was trigger happy with the boot then got injured.Watched him specifically yesterday and other than playing the full game,it was the same as his first grade debut.I hope he does convince me he’s a star but I can see why Hasler is still reluctant to make him a regular in first grade
and from what sample size can you say 99% of these kids fail?

Just a pessimistic comment with no data to back it up. Schuster the only player to play and carved up in that 1 game.

Or are you speaking about Manly juniors in general? Oh yeah... Tom, Jurbo, Fainu, DCE, Foz etc all turned out horribly...

Fact of the matter is that these kids have upside and form in lower grades, whereas the duds have no upside, and poor form in first grade. Why would you continue with a guaranteed loss when you can have the potential for a win by giving kids an opportunity? We all know for a fact that Garrick, Croker, Parker, Boyle, Gosiewski etc will not just 'turn it around' like Des is hoping.

40 nil

It's only a game ...
Well, he played extremely well in the trial & yet didn't get a gig on Saturday. If Des is concerned about Schuster kicking too much, he should instruct him to take the line on more often. He has a dynamic running game.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
One big thing I'm hearing is that there are rumblings/rumors that Des could actually be gone after the Souffs game this coming weekend if we lose like we did on Saturday and his selections continue to hold back some of the young guns (i.e. Schuster and Cust) while perennial underperformers (e.g. Parker, Garrick, Croker) continue to be played despite repeated mediocre performances.

Hi Moley

This is even better than my “ elephant in the room “.

eagleron

Bencher
99% of those juniors Fulton is bringing through are the type of kids that carve up in their age group but soon as they start playing fully grown experienced men,they are found wanting.I’m going go against the tide and say I’m not convinced about Schuster yet.He played 1 half of first grade last year, had 1 no look pass that eventually led to a try,was trigger happy with the boot then got injured.Watched him specifically yesterday and other than playing the full game,it was the same as his first grade debut.I hope he does convince me he’s a star but I can see why Hasler is still reluctant to make him a regular in first grade
I think the young ones need to be tested in the fire pit that is the NRL, sure they're going to make mistakes because it's a big jump from ressies to firsts but unless we show faith they're never going to reach their full potential, we couldn't do any worse than we're doing now, I honestly couldn't care less if at the end of the season we've got our first spoon, to me all that matters is that we spend the year nurturing the young threshold players and building a team that can seriously challenge for the title in future years, we're running up and down on the spot at the moment and getting nowhere, why can't we take the leap and inject new blood and some enthusiasm in playing in Maroon and White

Scorpio

Armchair Expert
If Jake, Tom and Dce truly love the club and lead by example they would do it. I’m not so sure they could put their financial interests aside to make it happen.

Sorry but the horse has already bolted. Professional sportspeople have a limited amount of time to make money (ignoring post-playing careers). Plus no one is going to hand back $300k per year to their employer of their own free will, when they are contractually entitled to the money.

I am not even sure that the NRL will allow that to be partially covered by TPAs once the contract has already been registered.

Why should he have not been playing?

As in, he should have been playing in the NRL side not for Blacktown

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14