The problem with being a newbie....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
ManlyBacker said:
globaleagle said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
I am a flippant time waster at heart who has been accused of lacking ambition. I'm currently on a mission to civilise the rugby league fan base. (Frequently mistaken for SeaEagleRocks 1 to 7.)

Looking forward to SeaEagleRock9!!

;):angel:

There's always room for one more!

Damn n00bz!

Alriiight!

Thanks for all who have responded and a couple who responded via pm. It's been a revelation and interesting to see if you have all lived up to your usernames.

Most of you have, except for Dan! (what's with that guy??)

I now feel confident making my second post! I hope I shall be accepted one day.

globaleagle said:
Alriiight!

Thanks for all who have responded and a couple who responded via pm. It's been a revelation and interesting to see if you have all lived up to your usernames.

my name is Alan and my imaginary friend is @Rivereagle. River doesn't like my girlfriend Gina, and Gina doesn't like it when Lara Bingle comes to sleep over with me.

I am a surf life saver but haven't got wet in years, even when my patrol captain tells me to go play in the rip.

I am a founding member of the "pox on all ortographobics" society.

I was on the hill in '73 but can't remember a thing about the game ..

I persisted in taking my young son to brookie during the NE days and when after another dismal loss in front of 5000 ppl he asked "why do we go for this crap team " I replied "because you are Manly, and Manly men stick solid "

RiverEagle said:
Footnote: Not an '' imaginary friend '' at all either mate.

And I understand to a degree why you're not around much already old mate.

(Thanks for the talk and phone number etc.)

A week for me where I went into bat for Manly against far too many death-riders and grim-reapers over the last-gasp win against the Riff.

You cop flak for being positive, or simply trying to get a game of footy in context; when there are so many variables and factors in virtually every game.

A week where a very occasional and negative character continued his absolute disrespect to all people with mental-illnesses ("they are a complete man-made falsehood" to him). In itself that's bad enough. He adds twisted humour and takes clear delight in the natural anger that provokes.

He was reported and swiftly censored superbly (by @ManlyBacker as far as I'm told). Within 3 hours the same person again made a joke about "forgetting to take his meds...haha". After knowingly being censored for similar crap.

I reported it because I do feel strongly about this. Nothing. The post remained and I got no reply.

A week where a long-term aggressive member went from thread-to-thread spraying other people's opinions or dismissing them outright.
The moment someone (and me on 3 occasions now) answers back, disagrees or simply puts him back in his place for a change, there's a consistent sudden deletion and "clean-up" of the exchanges, that seem more about protecting HIM rather than allowing someone a right of reply. (If no-one challenges him, the posts and pattern of behaviour is allowed to continue unabated.)

A week where i simply tried to relate the complications and challenges faced by the store responsible for delivering the Great Community jerseys to all points North and South; relating my experience as best and fairly as I could. And still there had to be someone challenging that (as if there's ANY reason or ulterior motive??) It was exclusively my wish to help others see they were arriving, even if it felt like a trickle; and to try to get some clarity in the sizing (which IS virtually impossible until you just try one on).

So another week where, if you're positive you're too positive and being unrealistic. If you do feel something strongly is wrong, it's hit-and-miss folks with your chances of being heard, if helped. Or you're called a "sook".

But the kicker for me at the end of a hard week personally, on here was this......Countless times I've been told to "not take Forum-life too seriously, live and let live..." we all know and understand that's the way to go as far as you can. (Don't question the integrity of Silvertails though, as I'm sure many are privately aware of too). That's important and serious stuff.

In the middle of all that occurring I'm PM'd by a Mod and asked not to refer to a female friend on the Forums as "hun". (It's un-PC or not a good look allegedly).

As I said I see that as exactly the same as saying "mate" "bud" or "pal" to a man. I call a lot of females in my life "hun" or "darl" and it's insignificant and platonic (and understood to be nothing more than that) as I am with male friends.

I'm tired, as I know many of us are by Friday night. I'm not well either apparently but that's in the "real world". But if "Soapbox" is where we are permitted to have a respectful opinion on the place I need to say, all of that combined in one week, is erratic and inconsistent in the least; and straight-up dysfunctional and unfair by my standards. (And I do know these views are shared by others). I again am not speaking on anyone's behalf but my own.

I love Manly more than a 47 year-old man ever should really; but this is getting me down andmore disillusioned by the day.

Silvertails : A place for ALL Manly fans to be welcomed, heard, respected and treated as equally as possible?

No. It's not even close to that in my opinion right now.

EDIT: The morning after (crook as a dog but NOT from grog) and I want to clarify a touch.

I also "bumped" and encouraged Premium Membership, Holden Cup (as always) too.

Most of my time here has been good and I have made a few real friends already (and thanks to those who know who they are).

I see it like this. Too often people will disagree or challenge an opinion just for the sake of it (and yeah, to me, just to be a smart-ar$e). Passed off as light-hearted or "in good fun". There are countless times where I've seen chances for people to comment, be positive or constructive, or even simply "like" a post (which IS being "positive" in my opinion).

But too many people I speak to privately don't bother, for the combination of reasons in this post.

And don't overall get me wrong. There's not a lot of ppl that feel this disillusioned (just too many for mine) and if we're all adults, once in a while, you do need to get ALL your cards on the table, clear the air, whatever.

And being told to not occasionally call a female friend "hun" (when a multitude of far bigger "sins" go through to the keeper) was a step too far, too.

GO the EAGLES tonight! I WANT the double this season!

My names Ryan. People think im overly critical and negative, because I am :) Unlike some who tell me no team can win every game, I believe Manly should, and it pisses me off when we dont.

Manchester United win almost all the time. We are the Manchester United of Rugby League, and that's where my expectation lies.

I ride the highs and lows way too far either way, but thats me, deal with it.

I have an opinion, and will say despite what the majority think or feel, and care little for those who debate my opinions with personal jibes, because that shows as a huge arrow to them suggesting their lack of character and intelligence.

On the flipside, if someone debates a topic intelligently (becoming scarce around these parts these days) im happy to both be proven wrong, and will happily admit such.

Im passionate about footy. I set a high standard for the team, because frankly, there is no better team on paper in the NRL.

Thanks, Ryan

wow..

Ryan said:
My names Ryan. People think im overly critical and negative, because I am :) Unlike some who tell me no team can win every game, I believe Manly should, and it pisses me off when we dont.

Manchester United win almost all the time. We are the Manchester United of Rugby League, and that's where my expectation lies.

I ride the highs and lows way too far either way, but thats me, deal with it.

I have an opinion, and will say despite what the majority think or feel, and care little for those who debate my opinions with personal jibes, because that shows as a huge arrow to them suggesting their lack of character and intelligence.

On the flipside, if someone debates a topic intelligently (becoming scarce around these parts these days) im happy to both be proven wrong, and will happily admit such.

Im passionate about footy. I set a high standard for the team, because frankly, there is no better team on paper in the NRL.

Thanks, Ryan

Yep at the moment we are , Ryan.

They are going worse than we are. lol

Well Man U have won 0/3 games so far this year. We need to win 3/3 to win a premiership so i hope we are not like them at all! lol

globaleagle said:
Alriiight!

You are expected everyday.

RiverEagle said:
RiverEagle said:
Footnote: Not an '' imaginary friend '' at all either mate.

And I understand to a degree why you're not around much already old mate.

(Thanks for the talk and phone number etc.)

A week for me where I went into bat for Manly against far too many death-riders and grim-reapers over the last-gasp win against the Riff.

You cop flak for being positive, or simply trying to get a game of footy in context; when there are so many variables and factors in virtually every game.

A week where a very occasional and negative character continued his absolute disrespect to all people with mental-illnesses ("they are a complete man-made falsehood" to him). In itself that's bad enough. He adds twisted humour and takes clear delight in the natural anger that provokes.

He was reported and swiftly censored superbly (by @ManlyBacker as far as I'm told). Within 3 hours the same person again made a joke about "forgetting to take his meds...haha". After knowingly being censored for similar crap.

I reported it because I do feel strongly about this. Nothing. The post remained and I got no reply.

A week where a long-term aggressive member went from thread-to-thread spraying other people's opinions or dismissing them outright.
The moment someone (and me on 3 occasions now) answers back, disagrees or simply puts him back in his place for a change, there's a consistent sudden deletion and "clean-up" of the exchanges, that seem more about protecting HIM rather than allowing someone a right of reply. (If no-one challenges him, the posts and pattern of behaviour is allowed to continue unabated.)

A week where i simply tried to relate the complications and challenges faced by the store responsible for delivering the Great Community jerseys to all points North and South; relating my experience as best and fairly as I could. And still there had to be someone challenging that (as if there's ANY reason or ulterior motive??) It was exclusively my wish to help others see they were arriving, even if it felt like a trickle; and to try to get some clarity in the sizing (which IS virtually impossible until you just try one on).

So another week where, if you're positive you're too positive and being unrealistic. If you do feel something strongly is wrong, it's hit-and-miss folks with your chances of being heard, if helped. Or you're called a "sook".

But the kicker for me at the end of a hard week personally, on here was this......Countless times I've been told to "not take Forum-life too seriously, live and let live..." we all know and understand that's the way to go as far as you can. (Don't question the integrity of Silvertails though, as I'm sure many are privately aware of too). That's important and serious stuff.

In the middle of all that occurring I'm PM'd by a Mod and asked not to refer to a female friend on the Forums as "hun". (It's un-PC or not a good look allegedly).

As I said I see that as exactly the same as saying "mate" "bud" or "pal" to a man. I call a lot of females in my life "hun" or "darl" and it's insignificant and platonic (and understood to be nothing more than that) as I am with male friends.

I'm tired, as I know many of us are by Friday night. I'm not well either apparently but that's in the "real world". But if "Soapbox" is where we are permitted to have a respectful opinion on the place I need to say, all of that combined in one week, is erratic and inconsistent in the least; and straight-up dysfunctional and unfair by my standards. (And I do know these views are shared by others). I again am not speaking on anyone's behalf but my own.

I love Manly more than a 47 year-old man ever should really; but this is getting me down andmore disillusioned by the day.

Silvertails : A place for ALL Manly fans to be welcomed, heard, respected and treated as equally as possible?

No. It's not even close to that in my opinion right now.

EDIT: The morning after (crook as a dog but NOT from grog) and I want to clarify a touch.

I also "bumped" and encouraged Premium Membership, Holden Cup (as always) too.

Most of my time here has been good and I have made a few real friends already (and thanks to those who know who they are).

I see it like this. Too often people will disagree or challenge an opinion just for the sake of it (and yeah, to me, just to be a smart-ar$e). Passed off as light-hearted or "in good fun". There are countless times where I've seen chances for people to comment, be positive or constructive, or even simply "like" a post (which IS being "positive" in my opinion).

But too many people I speak to privately don't bother, for the combination of reasons in this post.

And don't overall get me wrong. There's not a lot of ppl that feel this disillusioned (just too many for mine) and if we're all adults, once in a while, you do need to get ALL your cards on the table, clear the air, whatever.

And being told to not occasionally call a female friend "hun" (when a multitude of far bigger "sins" go through to the keeper) was a step too far, too.

GO the EAGLES tonight! I WANT the double this season!

Awesome rant.

Im new and have a ton of juicy goss on the club, players, board members etc. There is a lot of information that all fans need to know about certain people and I plan to let it all out.

Im new and have a ton of juicy goss on the club, players, board members etc. There is a lot of information that all fans need to know about certain people and I plan to let it all out.

Continue oh wise one, your coming was prophesied by @Bearfax .

G'day, mate, my name's Dan.

From when I was about 8 I used to turn up at 11am at Brookie on a Sunday with my eldest sister (one of the first EVER female referees) and my eldest brother.

I haven't been turning up as often as I'd love to to watch us play and that may be why we're in a slump.

I am on every Manly page I know of on Facebook. In fact, some of you may be one of my friends!

I am known for proposing to Igor, being a clown, telling Dane Tilse that he would make more money as a tree stump, being loud as hell, loving Wally The Walker (he hands out the Manly newspaper now), and having the same birthday as Geoff Toovey, the 17th of June.

The best day of my life was the 40-0 smashing of the Storm in the 2008 Grand Final, being only 20 metres from where Beaver scored his final try.

Nice to meet you!

G'day, mate, my name's Dan.

From when I was about 8 I used to turn up at 11am at Brookie on a Sunday with my eldest sister (one of the first EVER female referees) and my eldest brother.

I haven't been turning up as often as I'd love to to watch us play and that may be why we're in a slump.

I am on every Manly page I know of on Facebook. In fact, some of you may be one of my friends!

I am known for proposing to Igor, being a clown, telling Dane Tilse that he would make more money as a tree stump, being loud as hell, loving Wally The Walker (he hands out the Manly newspaper now), and having the same birthday as Geoff Toovey, the 17th of June.

The best day of my life was the 40-0 smashing of the Storm in the 2008 Grand Final, being only 20 metres from where Beaver scored his final try.

Nice to meet you!

And you're an insomniac.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6