The Queen's Death

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Too soon?;)

From the Shovel:

Labor Party nominates Kristina Keneally for next Queen of England
kristina-keneally-profile-pic-620x326.jpg

Anthony Albanese says former NSW Premier and candidate for Bennelong, Fowler and the NSW Senate, Kristina Keneally, is the perfect candidate for the next Queen of England.

“I know she doesn’t live in Britain, I’m not sure she’s ever been there, but she lives nearby, just 17,000 km away. So I think she’ll have a real sense of the everyday needs of people there”.

Keneally said she’d watched a British television series last year and once read the BBC’s website, so was confident she would understood the concerns of constituents. “I’m basically a local,” she said.

The former Premier, who lives in the exclusive Northern Beaches enclave of Scotland Island in Sydney, said she knows what it’s like to live on a small island. “They’re pretty much the same thing. And the fact that the island I live on is called Scotland is useful – I hear there’s a place called Scotland in Britain too”.

Despite the Labor Party’s endorsement, sources say Keneally has little chance of securing the role of monarch, given it has already been promised as a gift to John Barilaro. Scott Morrison later confirmed he swore himself into the role two years ago.

And this:

Queen reunited with 80,000 of her former corgis
queen-corgi-620x323.jpg

Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth has been joyfully reunited in the afterlife with the 80,000 corgis she owned while she was alive.

With their tails wagging and their mouths in a permanent smile, the corgis told Her Majesty that they had saved her the best spot.

All the Queen’s favourite corgis were there, including Susan, Vulcan, Dookie, Monty, Honey, Berry, Emma, Willow and Linnet.

The dogs released a joint statement saying it was the best day ever.

A spokesperson for the Queen said that after 95 odd years of putting up with the weirdest family imaginable, and Boris Johnson, Her Majesty can now finally enjoy herself in the company of those who know her best.

Too soon?;)

From the Shovel:

Labor Party nominates Kristina Keneally for next Queen of England
kristina-keneally-profile-pic-620x326.jpg

Anthony Albanese says former NSW Premier and candidate for Bennelong, Fowler and the NSW Senate, Kristina Keneally, is the perfect candidate for the next Queen of England.

“I know she doesn’t live in Britain, I’m not sure she’s ever been there, but she lives nearby, just 17,000 km away. So I think she’ll have a real sense of the everyday needs of people there”.

Keneally said she’d watched a British television series last year and once read the BBC’s website, so was confident she would understood the concerns of constituents. “I’m basically a local,” she said.

The former Premier, who lives in the exclusive Northern Beaches enclave of Scotland Island in Sydney, said she knows what it’s like to live on a small island. “They’re pretty much the same thing. And the fact that the island I live on is called Scotland is useful – I hear there’s a place called Scotland in Britain too”.

Despite the Labor Party’s endorsement, sources say Keneally has little chance of securing the role of monarch, given it has already been promised as a gift to John Barilaro. Scott Morrison later confirmed he swore himself into the role two years ago.

And this:

Queen reunited with 80,000 of her former corgis
queen-corgi-620x323.jpg

Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth has been joyfully reunited in the afterlife with the 80,000 corgis she owned while she was alive.

With their tails wagging and their mouths in a permanent smile, the corgis told Her Majesty that they had saved her the best spot.

All the Queen’s favourite corgis were there, including Susan, Vulcan, Dookie, Monty, Honey, Berry, Emma, Willow and Linnet.

The dogs released a joint statement saying it was the best day ever.

A spokesperson for the Queen said that after 95 odd years of putting up with the weirdest family imaginable, and Boris Johnson, Her Majesty can now finally enjoy herself in the company of those who know her best.
No way. I claim the Crown as a direct descendant of Beau Brummell.

Not really but I’d like to see a little respect shown, after all Malcolm(who led the Republican push last time) and the PM(another Republican I believe) both showed a bit of class today in how they spoke and didn’t take the cheap route of pushing their cause immediately on the Queen‘s death.

So, if that makes me a Monarchist, then maybe I am Volley.
Unlike Bandt the slimey weevil and The Pirate pushing the Republican envelope within minutes/hours after the passing of her majesty ER II. That Bandt and that party he runs really disrepects and embarrasses everything that Australia stands for.

Unlike Bandt the slimey weevil and The Pirate pushing the Republican envelope within minutes/hours after the passing of her majesty ER II. That Bandt and that party he runs really disrepects and embarrasses everything that Australia stands for.

What’s really embarrassing is it’s 2022 and we’ve still got a Pom as Head of State.

If you’re offended by those tweets, then don’t check out Irish Twitter whatever you do, you’ll never sleep again.

Loved the Queen.
No time for Charles as King.
Surely his nickname has to be The Spaniel.

How come you only scuttle out from under the fridge when there is a leftie viewpoint for you to troll ... you are a sad bugger if this is the only way you can get attention ...

The point is valid. Australia should have an Australian as head of state. The conversation about being a republic will gain a lot more traction now, but it should be in a few months out of respect for the Queen.

Brandt and co calling for a republic hours after the Queens death is distasteful and does nothing for their cause.

But it is inevitable that Australia will become a republic. Whether it’s in 10 months or 10 years, who knows. But a monarch on the other side of the world is not who should be head of this great country of ours.

The point is valid. Australia should have an Australian as head of state. The conversation about being a republic will gain a lot more traction now, but it should be in a few months out of respect for the Queen.

Brandt and co calling for a republic hours after the Queens death is distasteful and does nothing for their cause.

But it is inevitable that Australia will become a republic. Whether it’s in 10 months or 10 years, who knows. But a monarch on the other side of the world is not who should be head of this great country of ours.

Validity wasn't my issue ... my issue was that this poster only appears when a controversial topic occurs that he can troll and forment ...

PSS .. re a republic I agree ... but until they sort out the model ... I am happy to wait ..

Validity wasn't my issue ... my issue was that this poster only appears when a controversial topic occurs that he can troll and forment ...

PSS .. re a republic I agree ... but until they sort out the model ... I am happy to wait ..

Possibly, but if their point was valid, it’s odd to suggest they’re trolling.

Agree regarding the model. Australia will never agree to any model that does not allow them to appoint the head of state. Suggestions of a parliament pick or a ‘council’ of sorts to select the person, will never pass in my option. I’ll wait as long as it takes to get it right.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8