The Queen's Death

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Anyway, if we didn't have the Queen we wouldn't have the Governor General. Who can forget John Kerr and his wonderful performance at the Melbourne Cup in 1977......and 1979 when he ran 3rd behind Hyperno and Salamander........I picked the trifecta that year, threw him in at the last minute.

Whether you’re a Monarchist or a Republican, I would have thought a little respect and thought for the family would be appropriate but apparently not if you’re a crass politician or pushing your own agenda.

It was Adam Bandt after all. Surprised he took that long tbh. :swear: :sick::sick:

My mum, being an English lass, was a Royalist. I'm not exactly one myself but I do respect them as our Head of State.

RIP Queen Elizabeth II.

The Queen is dead. Long live the King.

King Charles III
Mine as well. She lives down your way. Henley Beach. She met the Queen when she was 16 in Hull. Right before she jumped on a boat outta there.

I’ll grant you that , as to the successor I have zero respect.
I think you will find he will wind his head in. He's waited a long time for the gig & has matured a lot from the political, rich, entitled enviro / architectural critic he used to be. I think Australia will become a republic but we're still be a full fledged member of the commonwealth & keep ties with the old country heritage though I know people have come from all parts of the world as well as the first nation people to form this great new nation.

Mine as well. She lives down your way. Henley Beach. She met the Queen when she was 16 in Hull. Right before she jumped on a boat outta there.

My mum was from the Yorkshire town of Howden. She never met any of the Royals. Mum died in May 2013.

Sad but true story. Both years my parents died Manly lost a Grand Final (dad passed 6 days before the 1995 ARL Grand Final).

A monarchy on the other side of the world is a complete joke to have as our head of state. A republic is 50 years overdue.

The whole concept of a born to rule hereditary monarchy somehow survived even though it has had a few use by dates: e.g. Magna Carta, Cromwell, 1776, the French Revolution, European revolutions in 1848 to name a few.

Also, the queen of Australia 100% supported the poms in sporting events vs Australia her while life. Aussies loved her but we were always second or third rate in her eyes. And in the eyes of all her ancestors.

It would not surprise me to see all the commonwealth countries leave, and even the UK further downgrade the monarchy in terms of its relevance to government, and stupid australia would still be bowing and scraping trying to get the King’s or Queen’s attention.

Yes, I remember singing both the @Woodsie version in the late 60's and the @HK_Eagle version in the late 70's. It evolved, unlike the anachronistic royal families of all persuation.

Anachronisms maybe, but they are great tourist attractions and who does like a little fairy tale stuff. I still have a little tear watching Disney's Snow White and the seven Dwarfs when the prince does the big pash. Mind you I still love to listen to the original Mickey Mouse Club theme. Yep I'm the ultimate anachronism

Nothing , but it’s world news today I suppose.

I wonder if each of the games will have a minutes silence ???

Bet the AFL do !!

They scrapped it, at least for AFLW games

1662791855966.jpeg

Anachronisms maybe, but they are great tourist attractions and who does like a little fairy tale stuff. I still have a little tear watching Disney's Snow White and the seven Dwarfs when the prince does the big pash. Mind you I still love to listen to the original Mickey Mouse Club theme. Yep I'm the ultimate anachronism
Whatever was spent on the Royals upkeep paled in comparison to the money that was generated. Now that the Queen is gone the revenue stream will no doubt slow to a trickle. Charles has none of his mothers gravitas or charisma.

I think that just makes you sentimental.

I think that just makes you sentimental.

As a 7 year old, me and about 8 other kids used to appear at the door of the only people in the street who had one of those new fangled things they called television. We sat quietly on the floor of the lounge room each afternoon awaiting that very introduction. Such was the world of my childhood. During that period there was one event where we all lined Pittwater Road waving little British flags as Princess Alexandra drove by. Such was my early introduction o royalty about 2 years later.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8