The Rig could be back!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
that backline looks good Ryan and the halves, the 2nd rowers if get back to old form will be a big difference, choc and glenn running straight instead of across field. Don't forget Lussick and Liam Higgins (quality hooker)

Ant80 link said:
Hall (29) will now return to Australia where his wife Kylie is expecting a baby

Good luck to them. We all remmeber what happened last time. Here's hoping they finally have the child :)

Jono link said:
[quote author=Ant80 link=topic=186216.msg311007#msg311007 date=1294299147]

Hall (29) will now return to Australia where his wife Kylie is expecting a baby

Good luck to them. We all remember what happened last time. Here's hoping they finally have the child :)
[/quote]
And it's healthy.  Best of luck to them!  :)

Also hope we get Hally back as we could use a back-up prop.

I would love to see him come back. Not a blockbuster but always tries which is something we really need. We really need depth in the props this year, hopefully we've had a word to his manager already.

Just got this off another site: Sounds like he has gone back to his old form (forgetting 2008)

I'm guessing you didn't watch many games if you think Hall was good in the back row for Bradford. He was one of the worst players in the league.

Not exactly exciting news

My understanding is that Hall's manager has tried to get in touch with Manly, but Lowey isn't back from holiday yet and he hasn't been able to speak to anyone at the club.

I believe we'd only be able to offer the minimum (50k or thereabouts). I suppose it might be enough for him, given he is coming home to start a family and you'd imagine he wants to live on the beaches. At 50k I can't see him being a bad option for us.

willstyles link said:
My understanding is that Hall's manager has tried to get in touch with Manly, but Lowey isn't back from holiday yet and he hasn't been able to speak to anyone at the club.

I hope potential major sponsors aren't having the same problem.

Once we get Lowey a pen, I think we all need to chip in and buy him a Blackberry...

Ryan link said:
Big time ! Almost YART time !!

01. Brett Stewart OR William Hopoate
02. Michael Robertson OR Michael Oldfield
03. Steve Matai OR Dean Whare
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams
06. Keiran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans OR Liam Foran
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite OR Joe Galuvao
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Shane Rodney OR Daniel Harrison13. Glenn Stewart OR Timothy Robinson14. Terrence Seu Seu
15. George Rose OR Matt Cross
16. Glenn Hall OR James Cunningham
17. Tony Williams OR Junior Palau

Depth Darren?

What about Jamie Buhrer?  Not sure why people think Harrison would be a good buy, from what I've seen of both players Buhrer has him covered in just about all aspects.

I much prefer Harrison to Buhrer, as he has a touch of class and looks like a footballer in all senses of the word.
I don't know why Buhrer has such a high reputation, as he seems too small, and doesn't have many other attributes to suggest he will make it as a first grader.
I hope he proves me wrong, but with the limited game time he had last season he didn't show enough to suggest he will be in our top 17 unless we cop a few injuries.

people refer Buhrer to a young Glen but he was never that small. Hasn't done anything remotely to get excited about. Tiny for a lock. Des wouldn't even put him on. When he ran as soon as they hit him he stopped. Let's hope for loads of improvement.

johnp link said:
I much prefer Harrison to Buhrer, as he has a touch of class and looks like a footballer in all senses of the word.
I don't know why Buhrer has such a high reputation, as he seems too small, and doesn't have many other attributes to suggest he will make it as a first grader.
I hope he proves me wrong, but with the limited game time he had last season he didn't show enough to suggest he will be in our top 17 unless we cop a few injuries.

What?  Harrison and Buhrer are practically the same size.

On what evidence are you basing that Harrison has a touch of class?  You can only compare the two at the Toyota cup level and Buhrer's career runs rings around Harrison.

From what I've read, Harrison has been a good NSW Cup player at the Bulldogs for a few years now, and he did win a premiership with them last season. But with all our new players and youth, it just depends if he can step up to FG.

That is our problem this season - if Buhrer, Robinson, L. Foran, Harrison, DCE, Cunningham, Lussick, etc. don't step up this season, we're screwed because we'll have no depth, but if they do, then we could end up finishing quite high. Next season's so unpredictable at this stage, I can't wait for it to start.

And going back on topic, I hope we get Hall. He was a great player for us, and hopefully he can reproduce the form he showed. He'd be a perfect bench replacement for Perry; King and Kite being the starting props.

Some fan banter about Glenn at Bradford. Gee, he sounds like he went really downhill in the UK. Maybe a 50 grand contract is all we want to pay!! Still remains a :good bloke" though as a person!!

Hall missed more tackles and made more errors than Worrincy. He also gave away more penalties and made 0 line breaks compared to Worrincy's 4. Hall was a hopeless plodder that couldn't manage more than 15 minutes of average graft without getting tired and needing to be substituted. If you think he was good, you must expect a pretty low standard of players. Apparently he was a good bloke behind the scenes, but I'm pretty thrilled that he's left. Imports like that have no place in Super League. I'd take Worrincy any day of the week.

Let's hope it was the UK climate that didn't agree with him...

Bradford Bulls coach Mick Potter is in no rush to replace Australian flop Glenn Hall.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-league/2011/01/10/bradford-50-8-halifax-115875-22838836/#ixzz1AgX60pdd

I dont really want Hall back but if its for next to nothing its ok for depth purposes incase the young ones like Lussick and co dont kick on.

Anyone recall what Hall and his wife went through at the end of 2009? 2010 would have been a tough year personally. If we get him back this year he may well have the hunger to succeed.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6