The Sei-build

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Agree but remember we have to have 30 and they can’t all be superstars.

If we do manage to swap out Keppie for a gun prop , then Woods is just replacing Boyle , and you must agree that is a slight improvement.
Talking about players like the one from the Phins, Te Whare 120kilos, a real wrecking ball for them. I'm sure he was a bargain basement buy, just need to find them, there out there.

Swap the Fainus and Keppie to the Titans for Tino perhaps? @;)
Perhaps it would be a better deal for us if it was Aloiai and the Fainus…..if and it’s only if, Des really wants the Fainus (Titans makes more sense than the Tig’s) we should at least leverage the situation in our favour, use the opportunity to move the sauce on and keep the better prop.

Tino, Paseka, Sips, SK, Jake, (Bull- Kelma?) and or the cap man, if it has to be Woods. Condon and Boyle are not required. However we should be looking for a Cowen Hess type or the like, high energy, aggressive, mobile, type players to fill our FR cap requirements, Woods, Condon, Boyle don’t fit in that category regardless.

If Kelma could play like he did early in the Roosters game he could be a possible bench Prop over Woods, at least he could give us a strong 20 either side of half time as opposed to and old tradesman like 20 without impact, also frees up the opportunity for us to play a more mobile edge, which we lack, (Ben perhaps) if we don’t have the cap space to go to market.

It has to be about building the best team we can, not just about filling the cap with what we can, if we are constrained with cap space, surely we can still find some impact and or players that can help us win games.

At the end of the day this current roster which has basically been the same for last 3 years isn’t going to take us to the promised land. We needed change and as Tony said at last members council meeting - there will be players coming/going and this was basically Des’ team.

There will be casualties of the change if we want to try and improve.

Talking about players like the one from the Phins, Te Whare 120kilos, a real wrecking ball for them. I'm sure he was a bargain basement buy, just need to find them, there out there.
Yes I’m sure they are , but all untested of course.

That’s where a good recruiter comes in , our new one Peter Gentle is one of the most respected in the business so fingers crossed.

Potential 2024 Manly Squad
Aaron Woods (M), Ben Trbojevic (BR/OB), Ben Condon (BR/M), Brad Parker (BR/OB), Christian Tuipulotu (OB), Daly Cherry-Evans (H), Dean Matterson (BR/H), Ethan Bullemore (M/BR), Haumole Olakau'atu (OB), Jacob Sykes (M), Jake Arthur (H), Jake Trbojevic (M/BR), Jamie Humphries (DH/H), Jason Saab (OB), Jaxson Paulo (OB), Josh Aloiai (M), Josh Schuster (BR/H), Kaeo Weekes (OB/H), Karl Lawton (DH), Kelma Tuilag (BR), Lachlan Croker (DH), Luke Brooks (H), Naufahu Whyte (M/BR), Raymond Vaega (OB), Reuben Garrick (OB), Taniela Paseka (M), Tom Trbojevic (OB), Tommy Talau (OB), Toafofoa Sipley (M), Tolutau Koula (OB).
Bolded players don't cut the mustard imo, and shouldn't be anywhere NEAR a top 30 squad. Just opinion of course.

Bolded players don't cut the mustard imo, and shouldn't be anywhere NEAR a top 30 squad. Just opinion of course.
Remembering Ryan , EVERY squad has to have some min price cheapies to balance out the salary cap.

We aren’t going to get 30 top flight first graders.

Hopefully you are using 1-25 mostly and 26-30 might never get a game , a good example is Morgan Boyle.

And don’t forget we can still have some “ development players “ which you can use mid year.

So players like Matterson / Woods are probably spot on for those 26-30 positions.

I don’t think Tuipol is a first grader full stop and I think the fact they’ve bought Jaxson Paulo for next year confirms that.

As to the others , they probably do fit into those last 3-4 spots.

Remembering Ryan , EVERY squad has to have some min price cheapies to balance out the salary cap.

Hopefully you are using 1-25 mostly and 26-30 might never get a game , a good example is Morgan Boyle.

And don’t forget we can still have some “ development players “ which you can use mid year.

So players like Matterson / Woods are probably spot on for those 26-30 positions.

I don’t think Tuipol is a first grader full stop and I think the fact they’ve bought Jaxson Paulo for next year confirms that.

You can't fool me Mark, you've secretly got a thing for Boyle, haven't you??!! @:D

Oh by the way , I’d love 30 top flight first graders , but we don’t have Nick Politis ( sadly ).
True, but how about we look for potential, Woods is finished and there is no upside, Boyle, Condon, why fill the cap with these types that offer no upside, if we want to go anywhere we need players that might kick on, not players pinching a year before retirement or players without a future.

Other clubs can find them, Hopgood, Hosking, Preston, types come to mind, they probably weren’t big dollar signings when they signed on.

In a perfect world, I would agree with you @Ryan Almost on all counts. However, we don't have the capacity within the salary cap to do much more than we have already done.

True, but how about we look for potential, Woods is finished and there is no upside, Boyle, Condon, why fill the cap with these types that offer no upside, if we want to go anywhere we need players that might kick on, not players pinching a year before retirement or players without a future.

Other clubs can find them, Hopgood, Hosking, Preston, types come to mind, they probably weren’t big dollar signings when they signed on.
I agree no upside , but you know exactly what you get and he can fill a hole if needed, in essence the perfect 29th /30th player.

There’s still room for those players you are talking about , remember players 26,27,28,29 & 30 are rarely used.

Cheapies like Fifita, Tuitavake, Weekes, GCKT, Fainu boys & others. If you're going cheap, be smart about it, and spend it on potential upswing. Players who are "possibly" the future of the club.

I'm just not getting spending $$ on cheapies that are struggling to make other teams first grade teams. Ben Condon didn't get one second in a Cowboys team last season (despite being in the top 30).

If the claim is we need veteran leadership, we could go through the top 17, and there would be a MOUNTAIN of leadership there.

We need to be MUCH better in recruitment mate. Flushing Scott Fulton down the porcelain bus is a start.

EDIT: Just saw the other replies saying something similar. Should have read that first.

Cheapies like Fifita, Tuitavake, Weekes, GCKT, Fainu boys & others. If you're going cheap, be smart about it, and spend it on potential upswing. Players who are "possibly" the future of the club.

I'm just not getting spending $$ on cheapies that are struggling to make other teams first grade teams. Ben Condon didn't get one second in a Cowboys team last season (despite being in the top 30).

If the claim is we need veteran leadership, we could go through the top 17, and there would be a MOUNTAIN of leadership there.

We need to be MUCH better in recruitment mate. Flushing Scott Fulton down the porcelain bus is a start.
The problem with those “cheapies” you mentioned,is that they won’t stay cheap for long or their manager will demand they don’t.Where as the likes of Woods and Condon are not getting pay rises which allows the club to pay for the players they think will win the premiership now.As it’s been said before,Manly are in the “win now” position because a few players that are critical to the team winning,won’t be around when the likes of the Fainu’s etc will be ready to dominate(I probably haven’t explained myself very clearly,so I hope you understand what I mean)
Fifita and Tuitavake are still yet to play first grade at in a poor Dragons team

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10