The Shane Flanagan Influence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
…another perspective - maybe he takes time to dismantle the dragons defence with his carefully crafted tactics and extra focus on dragons weaknesses which he is now unpacking. Then takes the video to day 1 of dragons pre season training ”here is where we are really at” if manly can rip you guys apart this easily, we have plenty of work to do lol

I can imagine manly dusting them and come November, having one on ones with dragons stars (another joke), to breakdown individual weaknesses and defensive group errors.. then setting a course correction from there. Alternative would be dragons guys ripping the new coach about how bad he coached at manly?

btw - why wouldn’t flanno coach manly 100% and then ‘watch the video’ later to review the dragons gameplay. It’s not like he needs to remember each play…

Hard to tell what sort of influence Flanagan has provided since joining the club.

No emerging players have kicked on this season, Samuela looked good with the few games he played. Weekes was given up on after a few games at the back, no debut from Gordy.

Guess we will know more next season if his departure has any impact whatsoever.

Have to say that despite all Flanagan's conflict of interest talk during the week leading up to the game, there appeared to be no evidence of it affecting our team yesterday. In the sheds before the game and at half-time, he was talking intensely and giving instructions to DCE, Lodge, Schu, etc and behaving like you'd expect him to in the coaches' box with Seibs.

Credit where it's due...I didn't think Flanagan showed any attention or for that matter favouritism towards the Dragons at all (and just as well).

Have to say that despite all Flanagan's conflict of interest talk during the week leading up to the game, there appeared to be no evidence of it affecting our team yesterday. In the sheds before the game and at half-time, he was talking intensely and giving instructions to DCE, Lodge, Schu, etc and behaving like you'd expect him to in the coaches' box with Seibs.

Credit where it's due...I didn't think Flanagan showed any attention or for that matter favouritism towards the Dragons at all (and just as well).
I think this was fair but it is still irritating to see another story on the Fox website today about him looking at trying to get Manu on board as a fullback. Still just doesn't sit well.

I think this was fair but it is still irritating to see another story on the Fox website today about him looking at trying to get Manu on board as a fullback. Still just doesn't sit well.
The Match Winning Manu would be a great signing for the Dragons ...

NRL FOX
Shane Flanagan has a huge job on his hands to rebuild the Dragons’ squad he is now reportedly planning to make a recruitment play to sign Joey Manu.

The Roosters gun’s best position is at fullback, but with James Tedesco in his way he has been utilised as a five-eighth and in the centres this season.

The 27-year-old will be free to negotiate with rivals come November 1 and is currently contracted until the end of 2024.

Flanagan has reportedly made it clear he will attempt to sign the Kiwi international if he hits the open market according to the SMH.

Off Contract World cup Golden Boot Winner and Premiership Winner Manu is a Wanted Man
1691917216779.png

NRL FOX
Shane Flanagan has a huge job on his hands to rebuild the Dragons’ squad he is now reportedly planning to make a recruitment play to sign Joey Manu.

The Roosters gun’s best position is at fullback, but with James Tedesco in his way he has been utilised as a five-eighth and in the centres this season.

The 27-year-old will be free to negotiate with rivals come November 1 and is currently contracted until the end of 2024.

Flanagan has reportedly made it clear he will attempt to sign the Kiwi international if he hits the open market according to the SMH.

Off Contract World cup Golden Boot Winner and Premiership Winner Manu is a Wanted Man
View attachment 24672
He would be. I just don't want to hear about it while he's still coaching Manly.

NRL FOX

View attachment 24672

He's not allowed to talk to Manu yet but has blatantly clear he wants him! Needs to work on his subtly skills. Yeah I know, every one does it

Heard on the radio today, he's been feverishly working on getting the Chooks to release Joseph Sua'alii to The Dragons for next season.

Wait for this....the Chooks are considering it to free up $700k given they've signed The Knights and Salford players for next season, and they want to build for the future.

Be a good signing - all be it short term. Also don't like Chooks having free cap space, because they use it 3 times better than anyone else.

Thoughts?

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8